Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Showtime proffession glitches  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Showtime
Hydrasis

My friend got me the showtime expansion pack after seeing my excitement over the new professions ( the magician one in particular making me drool ). In short I can't get them to do said professions, and my sims won't rub genie lamps either. The furniture works fine thankfully and so does the town but that's about it. My Singers, Magicians, and Acrobats will not do their jobs. They'll set up the stage then poof they're on the other side of the stage without having done their job. I have done the following suggestions: ( in big red so you can see it )

A) Removed ALL custom content.

B) Removed ALL mods

C) Did A and B together

D) Did the career outfit change that's supposed to work ( didn't )

I have done everything save for a complete uninstall and reinstall and considering some of the posts I've read in the past I doubt that would work either plus I'm reluctant to since that'd mean taking off a good portion of the expansion packs. ( I have all of them and one stuff pack )

Before its mentioned YES my comp is more than capable of playing the sims along with the expansions. I'm at my wits end here and I'd hate to think my friend wasted their money on an expansion pack that doesn't even work. Please if you can think of anything I haven't tried I'd really be grateful
reinmag

did you change the stages out? (buy in buydebug)

also, go to the dresser and get a 2nd career outfit.

EIisabetta

Try manually changing them into their career outfits. It seems to fix a whole host of problems. Not sure about the genie lamp but you never know.

reinmag

thought she said she did change into outfit.
Hmmm, wonder if it wasn't before she got to the venue.

Thumper000

I have had that trouble only AFTER I tried to go on vacation. Have had multiple issues when I left the country only to return and the failure to perform at scheduled job. As you say ....poof....they won't set up stage. After I got sick of them doing that I quit that career and joined another, but they refused to go to work....by button(go to work), carpool or physical placement. Really, whats a Simmer to do? Also had trouble sometimes after they married or had a baby.
marcel21

I was having the same problems with the stage and went into edit town and removed and replaced the lots and that fixed the stage bug for me!

GalacticGal

Thumper000 wrote:I have had that trouble only AFTER I tried to go on vacation. Have had multiple issues when I left the country only to return and the failure to perform at scheduled job. As you say ....poof....they won't set up stage. After I got sick of them doing that I quit that career and joined another, but they refused to go to work....by button(go to work), carpool or physical placement. Really, whats a Simmer to do? Also had trouble sometimes after they married or had a baby.

Wow, I've been having all kinds of career troubles, too. Having to manually change my Sim into his "career" clothes only worked for a short time. I even went so far as to go into Edit Town, and bulldoze and then replace the venue. He still refused to play his one and only steady gig. Not only that, but unlike before, (I've had to restart this Sim a few times. :-O) he only got one invitation to play at a venue. This is after reaching level 8 (I believe) in the Singer career. You get this popup claiming your Sim no longer has to degrade themselves (or however it's worded) by auditioning for gigs. He's Simported several times, so that isn't the reason behind his "lack of success". And he's now a level 10 singer (and considered a preeminent artist, having gained level 10 in his guitar skill.) He also has earned five celebrity stars. I just had to delete this game save due to these glitches that I couldn't overcome. Grrr. I have no idea if his getting married and honeymooning overseas had anything at all to do with the problems. He also had a new son. Baby number two came along before I deleted my town. This is killing me. I love ST, but I'm starting to grow frustrated at this glitch. I check this site daily, hoping and praying for a patch.

I like being able to use aspects of all my EPs. Would be very sad to think we can't send our Sims abroad, without "risking" their careers, you know? Or to have them have "normal" family lives. I do hope there really is no correlation here.

All three volumes of my Star Trek fan fiction trilogy can be downloaded for free from here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/
Hydrasis

Yes I did say I had already done the career outfit changes. Most of the suggests I have found or been told didn't work. But I can happily say that I can finally play showtime without any trouble and all I had to do was reinstall EVERYTHING. I just how when I snag the outdoor stuff pack nothing gets re fubared x.x

Post Reply Forum Index » Showtime
Go to: