Please do not post game-related questions in here. They won't be answered. Make your own thread, following the tips below.
Only write in this thread if you have threads I should add or if you think I should add something to it.
I'm spending a lot of time in the technical section trying to help people out. I find myself having to get back to people a lot to ask more questions or post the same stuff over and over. This is frustrating for me and the person that needs help cause the thread is bound to get lost in the depth of the forum and because of that, after an initial helping attempt, the thread ceases to get more posts unless the user is actually online the same time I am.
I know that the search function is a pain and you usually find only very old posts but there are so many people with the same issues, that it you are bound to find your issue on the first three pages of this forum. Also, Google search is a lot better. Use Google to find threads in this forum, not the board search.
Speaking only for me, if I feel a person has already tried and looked around, I'm much more inclined to help than if they want spoon feeding the info that is already there.
So here are a few guidelines that would make the life of helpers and help-seeking people a lot easier.
1. Go through the first 3 pages of this forum to see, if anyone posted the same or a similar issue. If so, try the answers given there which means: READ all posts before making your statement. You can then either add to that thread or make a new one if you feel your issue is slightly different. Include info that you've already read and tried the suggestions in the other thread.
3. Don't necromance old threads. This means, don't post in threads that are older than half a year. Start a new thread with your issue. That's better. Only exception is threads that have gotten continuous posting ever since it was created.
4. If you start a thread on an issue, make sure you bookmark it (bottom of a thread, little heart with the link: Bookmark it next to it) and only use that thread. Do not make multiple threads on the same issue. For any helping person it's a lot easier if they have all the info in one thread. Be aware that bumping is not a thing that EA likes. Make sure to only bump once in a while and if you do, try adding extra info and not writing the actual word.
5. Describe your issue in detail but don't make the post too long. If you have error messages, post them and don't just write: I got an error. Include as much info as you see necessary and describe what you already tried (saying I tried everything is also not very helpful. Everything can include any number of things). It's always good to include a note about any changes you made when your problem started.
6. Don't use text language. Be courteous to who ever would like to help you and make full sentences. Use punctuation and paragraphs. It makes your post a lot more readable and especially for us foreign users, that helps a lot.
7. The title of your thread should reflect your issue. I need help does not tell me what is wrong and might get skipped over. Everyone needs help here. Also don't use CAPS.
8. If your issue is graphic, sound or computer related, make sure to include your DxDiag (instructions in post N°2). ALWAYS post your OS. Especially if you are on a Mac.
9. Include information about your patch level (the base game patch is important) and the EPs you have. To find out your base game version, open your launcher and hover over the little base game icon in the lower left part of the launcher. The number looks like this 1.xx. Also state if you are using Mods and/or custom content (including patterns) and which neighborhood you're playing (custom or EA)
10. If your issue gets solved, let us know. If you found a solution somewhere else, post about it. People with the same issue will be glad to know. Also put a solved in your title so helpers know that they no longer need to look at that thread. You can edit the title of your thread by editing the first post and simply changing the title.
11. Please don't rant in your post. I get that you are upset but the people helping here have no association with EA and reading posts that consist of angry smilies and cursing usually make me skip those posts. Don't know about the other helpers but describing your issue in a calm and informative matter goes a long way.
If anyone has something to add, please let me know and I'll add it to this thread. Also let me know, if I should add any threads to the third post (only technical please)
This message was edited 22 times. Last update was at 10/24/12 09:23 AM
Those were made when the base game came out and never got adjusted. They are already very low.
I would recommend to get at least 4 GB of RAM, a 64 bit operating system and minimum of an i3. Make sure you have a full grown graphic card and not an integrated chip. This game needs 128 MB of dedicated memory on the card or you will run into issues, especially if you have pets.
1. If you lost your DVD but still have the Registration Code you can download the game through Origin. You need to go to Origin and activate it there with your Code and then you can get the download Version
2. If you lost your DVD and the Registration Code but still have the game on your computer, here's instructions how to retrieve the code from your Computer (PC Only): How to recover a lost serial number for Sims 3 games 3. If you lost everything and don't have it installed anymore, you need to contact Customer Support. They should be able to give you your code or a new one, providing you can proof that you bought the game (registered at this site, proof of purchase, etc).
How to contact EA Customer Support
Go to this page: Contact Us. You're best bet is probably calling them if you are in the US. Other options are Live Chat or Email. Not all options are available on all Browsers/at all times.
Who are the helpers here ?
Note: This is true for the US forum and does not necessarily apply to other countries.
Most people that help out in this forum are not associated with EA. There are a few moderators whose names you'll find in this thread: Your Friendly Forum Moderators!.
Anyone with SimGuru in front of their name is an EA Employee, you'll find some info about them here: Who are SimGurus?
Everyone else is a user like you.
This message was edited 13 times. Last update was at 03/02/13 06:05 PM
EP = Expension Pack
SP = Stuff Pack or Story Progression
PC = Personal Computer or Premium Content
OS = Operating System
PSU = Power Supply Unit
GPU = Graphic Processor Unit
MC = MasterController, Mod by Twallan
OW = Overwatch, Mod by Twallan
ET = ErrorTrap, Mod by Twallan
MTS = ModTheSims: CC Site
TSR = TheSimsResource: A CC Site
BG = Base Game
WA = World Adventure
HELS = High End Loft Stuff
AMB = Ambitions
FL = Fast Lane Stuff
LN = Late Night
OLS = Outdoor Living Stuff
GEN = Generations
TLS = Town Life Stuff
ST = Showtime
MS = Master Suite
This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/16/12 11:22 AM
It's ok to use them, I do too (I even recommend some of them), but please please, educate yourself about them. Don't just pop something in. There are many mods that conflict with each other and there are many mods that will be outdated with every patch (that's how it works). You can use Delphy's Dashboard Tool to check if too mods conflict with each other.
Some of the mods need to be uninstalled in a special way but it will always tell you in the mod description if that is the case. So PLEASE read them and DO what it says.
Ever since I installed the latest patch 1.34 one of the Sims in my family freezes. They still record their wants and needs but are stuck! How do I fix this please. I've had to move my family twice and leave the stuck Sim behind but at this rate I'll run out of family members...so frustrating as I really liked the female Sim in this game.
Please do not post questions in this thread. If you have something to add that will need to go in here, it's ok, but I'm not answering questions here and no one else will see it. So to get answers, make your own thread (and actually following the tips in this thread would be nice.
Hey guys. I'm desperate, I NEED HELP. Please!!! If someone can help me, please do. Anyway. I don't really know this thing with forums and everything, but I thought some of you might be able to help me. Okey, so... I just bought a new sims 3. I have two already, but I just bought another on. I installed it and everything but then when I'm about to play it says that the cd is not in, because they want the "pet" cd. (wich I had from before) So I can't play it. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. Please help me!!!
This forum moves fast as do others and hopefully this will prevent them from creating another thread with with the same issue. I don't want to look at the same issue from the same person more than once.
This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/05/12 10:15 AM
At my age, competence in a turn on
FRs s/hv reg'd bg!