Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Question about imaginary friends...  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Generations
bshag4lv

Location:Right here at my computer, where my cat sits and watches and wonders, is that all she does.

My sim's son had the imaginary friend and it's the first one I've had in the game. I love the stupid little thing, so cute. Anyway, when Jake was a youth, I had him use the chemistry table for most of his youth life stage and made every dumb potion EXCEPT the one for the IF. I even went to options and extended the lifespan for youths just so he could continue. I finally got the opportunity to take a rainbow gem to the science facility and with that and 4500 simeleons, he got the potion.

My question is, if the opportunity had not come up and Jake turned to a teen, would he still have the ability to use the chemistry table to turn the IF real? Or when the sim kid turns to teen, and the IF has been "alive" during their youth, does it go to doll state permanently?

A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.
Simsister2004

All I know is that they can keep the doll friend at least until they are young adult. I have turned my IF's to sims, when my sims were kids and teens. It could be fun to see what happens if they grow up to young adults though. Perhaps I should try that out. I have the cutest doll family, now for the 3. generation. Most of the time they look like sims, but they can turn into dolls anytime.
bshag4lv

Location:Right here at my computer, where my cat sits and watches and wonders, is that all she does.

Thanks for the response simsister. I just wasn't sure if Jake would be able to still turn the IF to real sim after aging up to teen.

I was going to get them together as a couple after they turned to teen but the IF turned out to be male. Next on the agenda is to put the IF into CAS and turn him into a her.

Good luck with your little doll family.

A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.
EIisabetta

bshag4lv wrote:Thanks for the response simsister. I just wasn't sure if Jake would be able to still turn the IF to real sim after aging up to teen.

I was going to get them together as a couple after they turned to teen but the IF turned out to be male. Next on the agenda is to put the IF into CAS and turn him into a her.

Good luck with your little doll family.

Just for future reference. You can rename your IF when it is a doll and you have the choice of giving the doll a boy's name or a girl's name so you can pre-set their gender ahead of time. I imagine you can't do it after they become real with the potion or opportunity, I never tried it. I usually set them when the kids are toddlers.

Karazara

My teen still has her imaginary friend around. Trying to discover that potion... what happens if I don't before she ages to young adult? Do I just lose the chance? Or will her IF stick with her for life?

She's insane too if that means anything lol...
yastay

so how exactly do you make the potions because mine just play with it and never actually make anything, they play with it for the entire day and nothings been made yet...

<3 my fiance
Simsister2004

yastay wrote:so how exactly do you make the potions because mine just play with it and never actually make anything, they play with it for the entire day and nothings been made yet...

I think they need some logic skill, and you choose the option: Invent new potion (or what ever it is in English). sorry I play my game in Danish.
LoftyBarnacle

yastay wrote:so how exactly do you make the potions because mine just play with it and never actually make anything, they play with it for the entire day and nothings been made yet...

use the chemistry table for a while. That potion is one of the last ones you make I think so you might be doing it for a long while
Karazara

OK basically two options for bringing your imaginary friend to life:

1. You'll get an opportunity shortly after your imaginary friend becomes animate (assuming your sim played with it a lot as a toddler, almost immediately after the sim ages up to a child and you remove the toy from the inventory and set it on the floor somewhere). Find a rainbow gem (if you have Pets, a dog can help you find it; a collection helper is very useful too. If you have Ambitions, check the consignment store often, you may be lucky enough to find one for sale there). Take it to the science lab. Then there should be an option to go back into the science lab to get the potion for 4500 simoleans. Have the sim who has the potion talk to their friend and offer to make them real. They will become a sim in the household (if your household is already at the maximum limit you can't make the imaginary friend real).

2. Attempt to learn the potion yourself on the chemistry table. (Just keep clicking on "discover new potion" until you discover it.) This will take quite a long time; being a genius helps as you need pretty high logic skill to discover it (you'll gain skill using the table anyway). Once you got the potion do the same as above, skipping the science lab. The person who makes the potion need not be the owner of the imaginary friend; just transfer the potion to the owner and have that sim offer to make them real.

P.S. There doesn't seem to be any time limit; as long as the owner has a good relationship with their imaginary friend, the imaginary friend will age up with them and remain animate. I has a sim wait until young adult to make her friend real. I suppose if the owner dies of old age that's it, but otherwise no hurry. (I know the imaginary friend will stay around at teen, and even young adult, so you have a long time to get that potion by one of the two methods. I'm not sure if the IF ages up to adult or even elder, but I know you're good up to and including young adult at least! Plenty of time.)

The imaginary friend is basically like a real sim except is has the ability to turn back into a toy at will. Early in their "life" (from the time they're made real) they'll get lots of moodlets for experiencing things for the first time as a real sim; eating, sleeping, even using the toilet. They'll have a special set of clothes only they can get that somewhat resemble what they had as toys. It;s probably random, but my imaginary friend had the traits rebellious, over-emotional, insane, angler, and friendly. Also had a little bit of painting skill oddly enough. It's likely all random though (though you can learn what traits they'll have by the owner getting to know them while they're still toys).

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 05/25/12 07:34 AM

mermaiden

I am a young adult and can not turn my imaginary friend to a person.

Post Reply Forum Index » Generations
Go to: