Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Why?  XML
Forum Index » Katy Perry's Sweet Treats
joerosen62

Okay, this is EA's most stupid stuff pack in the sims 3. Again I can stop going on about how TS3's stuff packs are shallower than TS2's stuff packs. Is there any point to buying this SP? Why Katty Perry selling herself off to EA? I just hear about EA's new SP and at least it's more appealing than the Katty Perry SP. God, EA has lost it's touch with the sims a bit.
Comments?
piddlesim

You may not like it or think it is stupid. But there are many of us who adore the candyland theme. Infact many stores in my area said it was the fastest stuff pack to sell out with preorders. So a lot of simmers like the theme.

I can't wait to build daycares, candy and ice cream shops, arcades, kids' hangouts, playgrounds, wedding venues, themed adult clubs, and so much more. There is so much that I can do with this theme.

Yes it may not be for everyone. But then, not all stuff packs are. I hated fast lane. I don't care much for the Diesel one. But this one, I love it.

We all have different tastes. This appeals to me.
brittanyleah

You either hate it or love it. If you don't like it then don't buy it. Simple as that.

They can't always make expansion and stuff packs that everyone is going to love. I disliked the some of the stuff packs in the past and i'm not complaining about it. I just didn't buy it.
Allspice1232

joerosen62 wrote:Is there any point to buying this SP?

The point is the same as every other SP: to add more stuff to the game. Whether you like the style is up to you. I like it.
GaMomo

joerosen62 wrote:Okay, this is EA's most stupid stuff pack in the sims 3. Again I can stop going on about how TS3's stuff packs are shallower than TS2's stuff packs. Is there any point to buying this SP? Why Katty Perry selling herself off to EA? I just hear about EA's new SP and at least it's more appealing than the Katty Perry SP. God, EA has lost it's touch with the sims a bit.
Comments?

It all depends on your taste on content. I personally don't like it and it is ridiculous and useless to but other people like it have plans for it. As I said all about taste.

catloverplayer

I'm one of the people who can't wait to get this pack mainly for the same reasons as piddlesims. I actually have peps for this stuff pack.

The Last Venue Of Amour Coming August 7th From The Sims 3 Store.
joerosen62

Hmm... well when you all put it that way it makes the argument pointless. Good job! I am usually very stubborn.
LOL

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/16/12 01:06 AM

stormwench

joerosen62 wrote:Okay, this is EA's most stupid stuff pack in the sims 3. Again I can stop going on about how TS3's stuff packs are shallower than TS2's stuff packs. Is there any point to buying this SP? Why Katty Perry selling herself off to EA? I just hear about EA's new SP and at least it's more appealing than the Katty Perry SP. God, EA has lost it's touch with the sims a bit.
Comments?

It was confirmed by the gurus that KPST was not really a SP but a Promotional Pack to promote KP and it was endorsed by her for the increased price.

Diesel SP is what was really supposed to be the SP6 following EP6 (Showtime) but they side tracked it for a couple of months to get the KPST created and out for sale.

At least we now know that EA had not totally lost their mind with doing KPST and hopefully, as well as KPST is not being received they won't try a promotional pack again, not that we can't be sure they won't try promotional packs again but maybe a different celeb?

I just wish they had told us it was not the real SP6 in the cycle because some people that did not really like it pre-ordered it because they collect all the EP's and SP's and now wish they had the money for Diesel. If they do this again they should let people know up front its a promotion pack and then people will know that there is a "real" stuff pack coming along.

As someone who collects things sims and has all the SPs and EPs I felt bad that I was going to have to skip one but there was just no way to justify buying KPST just to register it and turn the icon from gray on my launcher. I was not even sure I would do that as I would have been embarrassed to have people see I bought it with it registered on my page so decided not to even do it for that. So I was so glad that the news came out about Diesel and what KPST really was. Now the grayed icon is a promotional pack and not a missed EP oe SP.

I don't think KP is selling herself off to EA at all, I think EA got talked into a deal they were not ever sure about and that is why KP is making money by EA charging more for the EP with her name on it and the SP. Another reason I did not want to buy it and why I did not buy the endorsed copy of Showtime was not to put money in her pocket.

She is using it to promote herself and because EA has her endorsement she gets paid. Obviously EA was not sure how well that would work and passed that cost onto the consumer. I am sure EA thought KPST would bring in lots of KP fans wanting to 'own part of her' by owning the SP but that might backfire when they realize they have to buy the base game to make it work.

It was an interesting try on EA's part, but that's the best I can say about it. WE may never see it as a free incentive to buy an EP in the future because any one that gets shipped or downloaded guarantees her royalties and if they were given away free then EA would have to pay the royalties/endorsement fee. I really hope EA rights this up to a poor idea for the future. I doubt many would buy into another promotional pack even if they liked the celeb since its basically a DVD full of selling the celeb.

catloverplayer

If they do another promotion pack I want a holiday one.

The Last Venue Of Amour Coming August 7th From The Sims 3 Store.
mangoesandlimes

catloverplayer wrote:If they do another promotion pack I want a holiday one.

Promoted by who? Santa? There has to be a celebrity or company or something endorsing it for it to be a promo pack.

w2ad4

mangoesandlimes wrote:
catloverplayer wrote:If they do another promotion pack I want a holiday one.

Promoted by who? Santa? There has to be a celebrity or company or something endorsing it for it to be a promo pack.

Isn't Santa sorta a celebrity?
GREENEYA

stormwench wrote:
Comments?

It was confirmed by the gurus that KPST was not really a SP but a Promotional Pack to promote KP and it was endorsed by her for the increased price.

Diesel SP is what was really supposed to be the SP6 following EP6 (Showtime) but they side tracked it for a couple of months to get the KPST created and out for sale.

At least we now know that EA had not totally lost their mind with doing KPST and hopefully, as well as KPST is not being received they won't try a promotional pack again, not that we can't be sure they won't try promotional packs again but maybe a different celeb?

I just wish they had told us it was not the real SP6 in the cycle because some people that did not really like it pre-ordered it because they collect all the EP's and SP's and now wish they had the money for Diesel. If they do this again they should let people know up front its a promotion pack and then people will know that there is a "real" stuff pack coming along.

As someone who collects things sims and has all the SPs and EPs I felt bad that I was going to have to skip one but there was just no way to justify buying KPST just to register it and turn the icon from gray on my launcher. I was not even sure I would do that as I would have been embarrassed to have people see I bought it with it registered on my page so decided not to even do it for that. So I was so glad that the news came out about Diesel and what KPST really was. Now the grayed icon is a promotional pack and not a missed EP oe SP.

I don't think KP is selling herself off to EA at all, I think EA got talked into a deal they were not ever sure about and that is why KP is making money by EA charging more for the EP with her name on it and the SP. Another reason I did not want to buy it and why I did not buy the endorsed copy of Showtime was not to put money in her pocket.

She is using it to promote herself and because EA has her endorsement she gets paid. Obviously EA was not sure how well that would work and passed that cost onto the consumer. I am sure EA thought KPST would bring in lots of KP fans wanting to 'own part of her' by owning the SP but that might backfire when they realize they have to buy the base game to make it work.

It was an interesting try on EA's part, but that's the best I can say about it. WE may never see it as a free incentive to buy an EP in the future because any one that gets shipped or downloaded guarantees her royalties and if they were given away free then EA would have to pay the royalties/endorsement fee. I really hope EA rights this up to a poor idea for the future. I doubt many would buy into another promotional pack even if they liked the celeb since its basically a DVD full of selling the celeb.

That si not true.
It was confirmed by the gurus that KPST is mega stuff pack.

Every branded stuff pack is promotional ( H&M, IKEA, KPST, DIESEL ).

KPST is SP6, DIESEL is SP7.
courtneyshea

I totally accept that everyone has their own opinions. However mine is...

I'm definitely one of those people who hates the idea of this pack. No way am I ever going to pay money for something so ridiculous. I think it's probably geared toward the younger sims player. But I am breathing a sigh of relief that it is not the official SP6. I, too, hate to see a grayed out icon, I'm a tiny bit OCD like that, but whatever...I'll deal. The worst part is wanting to download something and then it requires a certain SP. Unfortunately looks like it'll be happening, regardless, because I'm not sold on the Diesel stuff either. I hate English in a sims game. They don't speak English, why should there be English in it? Makes no sense. If we're gonna throw everything Maxis/Sim-like out of the game, why not just go all out and have English music, English voices etc.?

Not that I would ever go for that. I'm a traditionalist.

courtneyshea

joerosen62 wrote:

Oh. Ugh, then. But you're right. I guess I just liked IKEA and H&M. Oh well.

Sims 3 will never be Sims 2. But I guess it's not meant to be.

I wonder if EA will take what works from each sims version to create sims 4?
julienrob2004

courtneyshea wrote:
joerosen62 wrote:

Oh. Ugh, then. But you're right. I guess I just liked IKEA and H&M. Oh well.

Sims 3 will never be Sims 2. But I guess it's not meant to be.

I wonder if EA will take what works from each sims version to create sims 4?

No they will probably take what did NOT work and throw that at us again to see how willing we will be to buy anything whatsoever Sim based

SMILE . You may not realise how bad everything is. But it sure annoys all the grumpy people and makes you feel better .

Forum Index » Katy Perry's Sweet Treats
Go to: