Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Magician Will NOT DIE  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Showtime
Mellowsnowy2002

I have a level 10 magician (Steve Cupp from Starlight Shores) who I was trying to kill in the box of danger to get the buried alive ghost. I have tried the trick WELL over 100 times (I'm not exaggerating I've been keeping track) and he will NOT DIE! I tried making him all the worst possible traits basically anything I could think of with no success. So I started researching and tried to see if he is just too high of a level to make a mistake in the box of danger but I don't think that is the case.

I just saw a post on the bug thread about it being a possible glitch. Has anybody else had this issue/found a way to get around it?
reinmag

I have a couple 10 magicians and they don't die there. His hidden trait for magician must be at 10, too.

try putting him in there, then moveobjects on and sliding something in front of the door.

He bugged me too, I ended up Mastercontrolling him gone and moving other performers into his house.

Mellowsnowy2002

Will moving an object in front of the door actually work? lol! Thanks for your advice! I basically believe he is unkillable now since he hasn't died once while attempting that trick!
Mellowsnowy2002

Ok so I tried the moveobjects thing and it didn't work. I finally had an idea to make him quit his job and then start at a lower level. I made him get up to level 7 so he could use the box of danger and made him miserable. I tried over 20 times in the last 10 minutes and got nothing. I get that his hidden skill for the trick is probably maxed out, but there still has to be some .0000000001 chance that he can die.

My questions are: Has ANYONE ever gotten the death by magic ghost naturally, and has anyone killed off a level 10 magician? I heard the level 10 magician not being kill-able was possibly a glitch, and I'm beginning to have my own suspicions...
reinmag

it didn't work???

I'd just mastercontrol his butt outta there. LOL Not sure Twallan has a death by magic choice though. I'll look next time.

reinmag

found this!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsxNlh21ttI

so the ghost looks just like one from drowning.
And it looks like the creator of the video just kept putting him in the box over and over... maybe try when he's fatigued?

MisGrudge

Location:Lithuania (where expansion packs come 3 weeks after the release date in US)

Your sims needs (like hunger, energy etc.) have to be really low so your sim can die. It happened to me once naturally
Mellowsnowy2002

His needs were all the way in the red, he actually kept passing out every other time he would do the trick because he was that exhausted. I am going to attempt it again with another sim at some point but I had to just give up on him. I ended up turning him into a mummy's curse ghost which still looks awesome! I will look at the video too! Any advice or help I can get is welcome! I just think his invisible magic skill is all the way maxed out and he is impossible to kill!
Mellowsnowy2002

Huh so then if he dies by watery grave he will just be a drowned ghost, so the new ghost must only be from being buried alive. I was trying both just to see what would happen. He got trapped inside the box when it was filled with water a couple of times but just kept breaking free, which did give me the achievement! I ended up changing his traits to make him more miserable which included: Clumsy, Loser, Hates the outdoors, Shy (so he would hate preforming in front of people), and I can't remember the other one. His moods were completely crashed, and I even tried putting stuff in front of the box.

I just don't know what else I could've even done!
Amj1995

That's where the ghost comes from? Oh I thought it was the swords of destiny box where you get that ghost.

tinahjalmar

Mellowsnowy2002 wrote:Huh so then if he dies by watery grave he will just be a drowned ghost, so the new ghost must only be from being buried alive. I was trying both just to see what would happen. He got trapped inside the box when it was filled with water a couple of times but just kept breaking free, which did give me the achievement! I ended up changing his traits to make him more miserable which included: Clumsy, Loser, Hates the outdoors, Shy (so he would hate preforming in front of people), and I can't remember the other one. His moods were completely crashed, and I even tried putting stuff in front of the box.

I just don't know what else I could've even done!

If your Sim has the lucky trait then, that might be the problem. Does he have that trait?
rumbutter

or the death flower in his backpack ?

:not accepting friends requests:

stormwench

May be a glitch that effects some and not other. For the heck of it I changed active households and started a magician with no traits for a magician and let him get the basic skills. Worked him up until he could just do the magic box, and I made sure he had a few fans as possible - just enough to get him a steady gig in the park and sent him to perform very tired but other needs were topped off and his mood was fine. His first time using the box he died.

I would suspect that level does have something to do with it, that and performance experience (hidden) as well as his magician skill (hidden) taht prevents them from dying in the box. There is only a slight chance to fail in any of those careers at level 10. My singer and Acrobat (both level 10) have done hundreds of shows and have yet to make a mistake. I am sure that's part of your problem since you need a fail to die. I assumed even at level 7 it would not be that easy to have them fail but the box is a very new part of the act for a level 7 so maybe thats why mine failed first time out. Got the badge actually too.

janwillemk

I have also tried over 1000 times to let my magician die but it still is not working. why??
reinmag

it's got to be the hidden magician skill maxed out.

Post Reply Forum Index » Showtime
Go to: