Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
The Sims 3 wont start! [Some pictures included]  XML
Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Hipsusan

I have a Windows 7 Home Premium and when I try to launch the game from the launcher it wont work. Basically, nothing happens and when I try to launch the game from "TS3.exe" which is in "System(C:)->Program Files (x86)-> Electronic Arts-> The Sims 3-> Game-> Bin" nothing happens again. The only thing that happens is that my mouse/cursor shows that it would load, but after that.. nothing.

I have also tried to change the "running mode" (sorry, don't know what to call it because my computer is in Finnish) to 'Windows Vista (service pack 1) and Windows Vista (service pack 2), 'Windows 7', 'Windows XP (service pack 2) and Windows XP (service pack 3)' and I have tried to run the game as "administrator" too, but still nothing. :/ I'm really frustrated because it's not working. I have also tried to re-install Sims.

Screenshots:

Tell me if I should take some screenshots of something else, and I apologize that it's in Finnish. But you should still somehow understand it, well I hope.

I hope someone could give me probably some tips or so how I could fix this. And I'm sorry if someone had already posted this kind of topic... D:

Thanks!

crinrict

Could you check that file skuversion.txt to see what game version you are at ? It does not look like you are updated to the newest patch, so it might help to patch.

There are links to the manual patches in this thread: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/175477.page

Hipsusan

crinrict wrote:Could you check that file skuversion.txt to see what game version you are at ? It does not look like you are updated to the newest patch, so it might help to patch.

There are links to the manual patches in this thread: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/175477.page

It says like this:

"GameVersion = 1.0.631.00107
Code:0.DL-0.0.11195
Asset:1.Content.Devtest.1397
Thumbnails:1.Thumbnail.dl.933
TCC:1.TCC.dl.1209
CiderVersion#002432"
crinrict

You're not patched at all (launcher should open anyways though).

Well, I would try updating. Get the manual super patch to 1.33 from the thread I linked (it's about 900 MB)

Hipsusan

crinrict wrote:You're not patched at all (launcher should open anyways though).

Well, I would try updating. Get the manual super patch to 1.33 from the thread I linked (it's about 900 MB)

Ahh, okay.

But there's two links, so do you mean this: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/188505.page or http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/TS3
_1.33.2.0150xx_update.exe
<---this? :o
crinrict

Hipsusan

Allright! Thanks, I hope this will work. :3
Hipsusan

Hmmm, apparently that didn't fix it.. :/
Is there something else I could try to fix it?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/13/12 11:59 AM

bob007

Please post your computer's dxdiag.

Hipsusan

*****7 wrote:Please post your computer's dxdiag.

dxdiag? :o

EDIT;; Okay I got what it is, but the problem is again, it wont show up. :/ When I type "dxdiag" in my search box and click enter, nothing happens. I tried to run it as and administrator too but didn't help.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/13/12 03:25 PM

Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: