Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
People "complaining" about bugs and glitches...  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
MistyLake

And NO, i am not going to say STFU.
I'm going to say i have had tons of bugs and glitches and other problems too and that is why i have uninstalled EVERYTHING and stopped playing. I just couldn't play anymore because the game would totally freeze.

Now..i've read that the latest update is the one that causes these problems? How can you be so sure?
And then some say it's the Pets that causes problems..again, how can you be so sure?

I'm only asking because IF i'm EVER going to install TS3 and all the EPs i have again i want to know what version/updates/patches i should use and why.

And then Pets..ok, i love animals, but to my surprise i haven't really done anything "Pet-like" in my game; learnt how to ride or bought my sim a pet or anything.
I haven't ever played in Appaloosa Plains either.
All i'm gonna miss are the funny sims from AP.

Am i able to get them (the sims i mean) some other way? I mean if i install The Pets and then copy the sims i want into the inventory and then uninstall The Pets again, will those sims stay in the inventory so i can add them in my game? (and by "inventory" i mean the place where there's already the Funke family and Williams family etc)

"By Grabthar's Hammer, By The Suns Of Warvan..May The Sims Rule Forever!"
https://twitter.com/ekaLytsiM
MistyLake

Could someone please answer me...

VexingQuery

Not knowing exactly what broke in your game, all I can say is this:

Every game version since the beginning has had bugs and glitches. Every patch fixes some bugs and introduces some new ones. Every expansion adds new functionality AND new problems. Adding more stuff to your game of any kind adds to the load your computer has to cope with and decreases performance. There's no "install this patch, and this expansion only" formula that will guarantee a trouble-free game. Those people who have trouble-free games just seem to be lucky.

My game has problems, too, but here's two things I do to keep them manageable:

- I keep my CC use to an absolute minimum. Default replacements and a handful of custom skins are all I have in my game.

- I keep these mods installed and up-to-date: NRaas Industries' MasterController, Overwatch, ErrorTrap, StoryProgression and DebugEnabler. Between the five of them, I can resolve most things that go wrong with my game. If you're just looking for baseline maintenance, Overwatch and ErrorTrap are probably the best bets. The other three just give me more power to fix what I don't like.

Downloads and Simful Acts
MistyLake

VexingQuery wrote:Not knowing exactly what broke in your game, all I can say is this:

Every game version since the beginning has had bugs and glitches. Every patch fixes some bugs and introduces some new ones. Every expansion adds new functionality AND new problems. Adding more stuff to your game of any kind adds to the load your computer has to cope with and decreases performance. There's no "install this patch, and this expansion only" formula that will guarantee a trouble-free game. Those people who have trouble-free games just seem to be lucky.

My game has problems, too, but here's two things I do to keep them manageable:

- I keep my CC use to an absolute minimum. Default replacements and a handful of custom skins are all I have in my game.

- I keep these mods installed and up-to-date: NRaas Industries' MasterController, Overwatch, ErrorTrap, StoryProgression and DebugEnabler. Between the five of them, I can resolve most things that go wrong with my game. If you're just looking for baseline maintenance, Overwatch and ErrorTrap are probably the best bets. The other three just give me more power to fix what I don't like.

Ok, thank you for answering.
I was just thinking if i shouldn't update my game at all, since i've seen messages here that say "i am still playing with patch 1.26-1.29 and everything is working great"...
The last time (literally) my game froze and became totally unplayable i had MasterController, Overwatch, DebugEnabler and ErrorTrap.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/17/12 03:05 PM

VexingQuery

I've had my game lock up and become unplayable even with these measures in place too, so I feel your pain. Even on a clean install, and a brand new town, I could go maybe half a (laggy) sim-day without crashing.

But my answer to that was to switch operating systems. I'm a Mac user, and unfortunately, the way they made this game Mac compatible - Cider - can (and does) significantly decrease performance. When I moved my Sims game over to my Windows 7 partition, suddenly I could play again. Not knowing anything about your machine, I have no idea how much this situation would apply to you.

You need to fiddle and try things out until you get to the root of your problem, and go from there.

MistyLake

VexingQuery wrote:I've had my game lock up and become unplayable even with these measures in place too, so I feel your pain. Even on a clean install, and a brand new town, I could go maybe half a (laggy) sim-day without crashing.

But my answer to that was to switch operating systems. I'm a Mac user, and unfortunately, the way they made this game Mac compatible - Cider - can (and does) significantly decrease performance. When I moved my Sims game over to my Windows 7 partition, suddenly I could play again. Not knowing anything about your machine, I have no idea how much this situation would apply to you.

You need to fiddle and try things out until you get to the root of your problem, and go from there.

I play(ed) with windows7.

TheMomminator

I would say that if your game is completely unplayable, the problem is your machine or what you've added to the game not the game itself.

If your machine exceeds the system requirements then there is no reason for it not to work. At that point, I would suggest taking your machine to a geek and having them completely wipe the hard drive and re-install everything from the operating system up. Have them install the game taking ALL the patches. Play it completely vanilla. No mods. No cc.
KoumoriDiru

I too have problems with it, it's also made me not play it too. I have a load of CC, in fact I don't use a lot of it so I will take that out. I'll update my mods if I have any, and maybe take a couple out (I seem to have had bad trouble since installing those).

I say uninstall and then reinstall, but if you have CC just place the stuff you definitely use and will use.

It's since I installed Showtime that my game crashes all the time and freezes, but as I said I also added some more mods (they were the most recent) which may have clashed. And I'll take out some CC.

In a way it's good to know I'm not the only one frustrated with this game, but we shouldn't really have problems or have to use third party content to make our games work/work better.

jericho13

The game seems to run into the most trouble when it comes to what's happening off-screen. Story Progression pushes all the other sims in town to go out and do stuff, and 90% of it you'll never see happening.

I haven't tried this yet in my game, wondering if anyone else has. Basically, get a Story Progression mod and disable almost everything.

No gatherings, no hunting, no going to the clubs or consignment shop, no raising skills. Basically everyone just standing there waiting to be interacted with. The less they do, the less it pulls from your system, the smoother the game. In theory anyway.
snurfles

My personal experience is this:

I upgraded from 32 bit to 64 bit, Windows 7, and I reinstalled everything (except Showtime which I don't have) up to the latest patch (not the store patch, though). I also reinstalled Twallan's Overwatch, Story Progression, and Master Controller. Twallan's mods helped me immensely before I upgraded. I could move the camera around town and see Sims performing all kinds of activities (not just standing around) so I doubt SP was the cause of my prior problems. I still get the occasional lag but with the upgrade and mods, it's playable again. Not sure what will happen when I install a new EP, though.
VexingQuery

jericho13 wrote:The game seems to run into the most trouble when it comes to what's happening off-screen. Story Progression pushes all the other sims in town to go out and do stuff, and 90% of it you'll never see happening.

I haven't tried this yet in my game, wondering if anyone else has. Basically, get a Story Progression mod and disable almost everything.

No gatherings, no hunting, no going to the clubs or consignment shop, no raising skills. Basically everyone just standing there waiting to be interacted with. The less they do, the less it pulls from your system, the smoother the game. In theory anyway.

Disabling Story Progression (And aging, with it) HAS helped me in the past. I've run story-towns like this before, when I needed my sims to just stand still and wait for their next photo-shoot, and I noticed they were less laggy and stayed more stable for longer periods of gameplay than towns in which my townies are allowed to move, make friends, advance in their careers, and the like.

Of course it's a bit boring if you're playing the town just to play, and want your townies to seem a bit more lively and your childrens' classmates to age alongside them.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/17/12 06:50 PM

MistyLake

TheMomminator wrote:I would say that if your game is completely unplayable, the problem is your machine or what you've added to the game not the game itself.

If your machine exceeds the system requirements then there is no reason for it not to work. At that point, I would suggest taking your machine to a geek and having them completely wipe the hard drive and re-install everything from the operating system up. Have them install the game taking ALL the patches. Play it completely vanilla. No mods. No cc.

Is it wrong for me to say that i think it is outrageous that i should have to take 2 weeks old, BRAND NEW computer back to the shop so they could wipe the hard drive?

To answer few other topics here, i always play aging and story progression off. And the only mods i had was MC, Overwatch and DebugEnabler. Oh and ErrorTrap. Which, well did nothing. I got no error messages.

Plus i never use any CC.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/17/12 07:34 PM

KoumoriDiru

MistyLake wrote:And the only mods i had was MC, Overwatch and DebugEnabler. Oh and ErrorTrap. Which, well did nothing. I got no error messages.

Same. I found out more when I looked in the error log on my computer.

MistyLake

KoumoriDiru wrote:
MistyLake wrote:And the only mods i had was MC, Overwatch and DebugEnabler. Oh and ErrorTrap. Which, well did nothing. I got no error messages.

Checked that too. And there was nothing.

KoumoriDiru

MistyLake wrote:
KoumoriDiru wrote:

Checked that too. And there was nothing.

When I check, it basically says "Well, something went wrong" but never actually shows/says what that was

Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: