Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Crystalline Cove - Finally back on the exchange!!!  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Create a World
geminiagre

Location:Lurking in the shadows behind you, roasting horse fertilizer on the fire pit

As far as i know, it's a game glitch and apart from the suggestion of taking an athletic class that HappySimmer suggested , i have no idea what else might fix this.

DOLLDRMS1

Midnight Prowl, that is a game glitch. I thought they had fixed that in a patch a while back but EA has been known to often fix something and break it again in the next patch. I've never understood why a glitch should ever have to come back. Anyway, just wanted to assure you that it is not Gem's world causing it.

Also wanted to mention that I saw that "Sims 3 has stopped working" message when exiting the game last night. LOL, I had loaded 3 different worlds, none of which were Gem's last night. I think I threw it into memory overload. I haven't done the DEP thing as of yet but may have to. TS3 was probably trying to grab more memory than Windows thought it should
Ceres_Meiriona

geminiagre wrote:
Ceres, the world is CC free. Xept if you are of those people that considers everything downloadable as CC

Anything not made by EA is what I usually call CC. It's not the correct use of the term, I know. lol

Not at all implying that player made CC is a bad thing. Most of it is absolutely stunning and works better then most EA items! I was a cc mongrel back in TS2, but it was rather tedious keeping up with the updates every time new EPs and SPs came out. Simmers get bored too, and move on, and then their content never gets an update and you eventually have to uninstall it. It was very saddening.

Trying to stay EA only, but I think I'm going to have to download this baby. I want to see your endearing townie story lines people are talking about!!! Everyone loves a good sim back story.

HappySimmer3

Just FYI, I updated Twallan's latest SP and have had no problems with Simfests. Maybe it's just a coincidence but Simfests seem to be working so far and I haven't experienced any crashing.

geminiagre

Location:Lurking in the shadows behind you, roasting horse fertilizer on the fire pit

DD- this game is a memory eater. I did notice that when i was building for CC, that the more i used CASt and the more things I was building in one session the lag was getting unbearable. Simply exiting the game and reloading it (not even deleting cashes) completely fixed the issue. I've come to the conclusion that the darn thing loads things on RAM and instead of reading them directly from there when it needs to use them again, it simply reloads them to RAM, as if it had previously unloaded them, even though it seems that it never does, thus RAM gets overhauled with multiples of data that at some point it cannot handle.

Ceres for me anything that was made strictly with EA tools like worlds from CAW, recolors of items made using CASt (not completely custom patterns) are not considered CC. I used to be a CC junkie myself but, after the "doll" and pets fiasco I started slowing down on downloading them to a point that i now only download store stuff and things from the exchange that I first scan and make sure they are completely CC free.
I've also deleted most of my CC, exept a few that I can't live with, that mostly consist of hair, clothing and decorative items ( i love clutter) and Twallan's mods. I also have a few that I cannot locate in my game to delete them and i simply do not use them.
That is one thing i miss from sims 2. We had the ability to delete CC straight from the game.
But that is my opinion, and each one of us has diff views for the subject, and i always respect others opinion. So if you feel not comfortable with downloading a CC free world, just because it's user made, I really do respect that. It's your game and you will decide what you are going to install in it.

Thank you Tangie. Maybe one of the fixes in the last update was the thing that was conflicting with simfests, and Twallan might not be aware as he hasn't looked into that issue yet. I might try it out later today.

ChemicalGreen

Really liking your world, kudos for updating it for showtime. I do have a question though. You wouldn't by any chance remember to which lots you added the photo booth to? I consider the photo booth bug nigh game breaking, and as EA doesn't seem to get a fix out for it, I've resorted to deleting any booths from the towns I play.
geminiagre

Thank you chemical Green...I'm not sure if i can remember all the lots i've placed the photobooth at. But i'll give it a go.
There is one at the private venue
One at the big hangout lot (crystal plaza)
One at the pool club (radioactive)
I think there are also photobooths at the live show venue, the sports bar across the firestation and the other club near the pets theater ( alienware) but i'm not sure about those three

SumoB

Writin_Reg wrote:Sumo - if you download the save file she has listed - it will populate the town. Her sims are nice ones and have adorable back stories. But just download that from the file share site, open the file and it will reveal a folder to add to your save files - it brings the town right to life.

I didn't know! Wow, that's amazing can't wait to download and chech those sims out!

[/URL]
SumoB

Sooe... how do I download that file with other sims to put in the word? I use winrar

[/URL]
geminiagre

SumoB wrote:Sooe... how do I download that file with other sims to put in the word? I use winrar

Download, unzip with winrar and place in :
C:\Users\YourUserNameHere\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves

make sure you download the one listed under ST files for St version, or the one listed under Pets for pets version of the world.

Jaline33

Hi geminiagre,

I've been wandering all over people's My Pages leaving you little notes here and there which you will probably never see.

I think something was happening with the Exchange the past couple of nights - it was for me, at least. I was unsuccessful in downloading this World you created.

This evening, I was successful! It looks beautiful and I really look forward to playing it this weekend. So far I just deposited one family in town, but I really wanted to let you know that all is well with the download for Crystalline Cove now.

Thanks so much for all the work you've expended on this! Many, many people are going to have hours of enjoyment playing in your World.

Happy Simming!
Jeremina5

Thankfully my RAM issue is an easy fix. 4 gig was installed instead of 8 gig. So, the company is correcting their mistake and sending me the 8 gig.
I'm just curious, since this is your second world if you have plans to create another. I have some visionary ideas of creating Greece. Not to scale of course, but I think it can be done, and you have the talent and location to make it awesome ..let me know what you think.
geminiagre

LOL Jaline I've def not seen any of them
The whole site has been wonky for the past few days. I'm glad you finally managed to download it. I hope you have fun with it as much as i do and thank you for your nice words

Jeremina- i'm glad you shorted the memory issue out
I can't say more now, but i do have something in mind for quite a while I'm just taking a break from CAW atm ,and enjoying my game.
I'm really planning holding on a bit longer though and see if we are going to be given an easy way to conceal rabbitholes, xept than plopping them in basements or using CC.
What I have in mind does not work with huge rabbitholes and def not the styles we have at this point.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/27/12 03:29 AM

Jeremina5

Thankfully my RAM issue is an easy fix. 4 gig was installed instead of 8 gig. So, the company is correcting their mistake and sending me the 8 gig.
I'm just curious, since this is your second world if you have plans to create another. I have some visionary ideas of creating Greece. Not to scale of course, but I think it can be done, and you have the talent and location to make it awesome ..let me know what you think.
Jeremina5

I'm sure it does get tricky. I can tell that it is NOT an overnight process...at least to get the quality that you have made. If and when you think about creating something that compares to Greece, I'd love to share some ideas, or help test...anything. I haven't been to Greece in 10years and it is the longest I have been away. I miss her terribly, and with 2 small children, I don't see a trip anytime soon...it would be nice to live through my Sims, at least. Acropolis, Sounio ... just to play in the crystal clear ocean.

Sorry my last post double posted...did not mean for that to happen.

Post Reply Forum Index » Create a World
Go to: