Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
SimGuru's, Where Are You? The Sims 3 is Failing.  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
Erich_Raeder

SimGuruSemedi wrote:
HappySimmer3 wrote:SimGuruGraham, I am also curious about something else and I would really appreciate it if you could answer this for me.

Is EA/The Sims Division contracting with a different art studio for each TS3 EP? Or are the people creating each EP a regular, full-time part of The Sims 3 team? I would really like to understand how this works.

Thanks!

We utilize both actually. We have an ongoing internal art team that contributes to every aspect of the game... models, animations, textures, FX, concept, etc. We also work with some outsourcing partners who contribute models and textures. As far as I'm aware we use the same outsource team for each project, so they're quite familiar with the game and working closely with us.

niac1234 wrote:ANY SIMGURU!

You guys have claimed that you look at the forums all the time (at least every day). And I'm not going to say that you're lying about that. But I want to know why you chose to ignore a certain simmer named Henry7890 not for a few hours, but for 5 days.

Some SimGurus also serve as moderators on these boards, but most of us do not. I don't have any ability to move threads, ban users, etc. It isn't just a matter of watching the boards - everyone here is a paying customer, and the moderators who make decisions about their account status have to be appropriately trained in handling such matters in a professional and responsible manner.

I would suggest doing the exact same thing that we gurus do when we see unacceptable content. Use the report button, and be sure to include in the notes how the post you're reporting violates the terms of service for the forums. Including that extra information will help customer service react to issue more swiftly.

Simgurusemedi,are the gurus aware of a petition dating back from 2009 where there are over 1,800 people asking for improvements to the CAS,if it is possible,I like to know if the CAS will get more improvements like the following mentioned:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/50930.page

I also wonder if we can get something like this in the CAS as well?

Musculature Definition controls:
-BASIC MUSCULATURE DEFINITION HAS BEEN ADDED-
Improved Musculature Definition for both genders(there are very muscular women too)
Pectoral Shape(rounded or square)
Abs (six pack or down to toned)
Back musculature
Anavastia

Jarsie9 wrote:
Anavastia wrote:

I sure don't believe we have moderators because they must be the most laziest moderators ever, heck it's almost laughable you see a post and the user starts cursing and you see it getting worse the guy was on their the whole day and dozens of people reported him nothing happened. It's like that all the time. I mean they don't even sticky a season thread so that all the we want seasons posters can put it on place the forums is just one giant mess.

I get what niac is trying to say if guru's read the forums and see this kind of behavior how come they don't go to their superior and advocate for us some forum moderators. To me it's a shame how come the uk site has them but we don't on the main site. The number one place they should be at.

As I recall, awhile back, there was a post asking for volunteers to moderate the forums, but apparently they got very few takers. I think it is unfair to call the few moderators they *do* have lazy, since this is a quickly moving forum and posts tend to get lost in the shuffle unless it turns into a controversial thread. But since the forum moderators have no teeth, and can only lock or remove threads, can you blame them for missing a few? Unless these threads are reported or flagged in some way, the mod has no way of seeing violations because the threads *do* move fast.

I put the blame squarely on EA's shoulders and I agree with you, Anavastia, that EA should have a stronger moderator presence here. If they can do it for the EAUK forum with its multitude of gaming communties, why can't they do it on this forum which only has one gaming communities?

I guess that's easy to misunderstand, I was more so saying that in because I just don't believe we have them at all. Even with the power to lock and move threads it barely happens. It's just really sad to me, i can believe customer service doing it, (most likely the ones that don't speak english). You'd think that someone who is acting out with 5 days of cursing out players and being reported he'd be dealt with faster if we had the forum moderators, which was basically what I'm trying to say.

If we have them im sorry what is it that they're doing that the forums is in such a mess. Kicking topics all around the forum that don't even belong in certain areas. I just don't even believe they exist here i think the forum is left to run a muck and you can clearly see it. I read these threads through and through most the time when fights and flaming kick up they stay on the front page. Yet forumers will see this fight before a moderator is just unheard of. So to me it's really about are they hear most of the time or not. I think personaly they aren't at all, as i remember being told customer service is usually the people that handle the threads here. However they aren't the forum moderators you and I are talking about.

We need actual moderators and I do think EA has failed this forum on that. I think this can easily be rectified by getting some volunteers, or even hiring people. Their are plenty of capable people that can moderate the forum and would do a very good job of it. We aren't talking about moving around threads we're talking about keeping things clean, stickying topics, helping out. So I agree that they are heavily needed. At the same time it's so late in the game I mena if there was 3 expansions left yeah i'd go put them on here but im feeling we may only have 1 or 2. Though that does leave about a year and half to go.

It's just the level of customer service that should be provided to these forums period and from day one at that. EA doesn't have an excuse to stand on as to why it is not present.

Anavastia

Here's what i think and this is just a hunch. That customer service still needs a moderator account to log in and delete and close threads and or issue a ban hammers. So standard guru accounts for customer service is just a given.

Even 3 'active' moderators can keep a forum fairly clean. So again the question becomes what has EA done to improve the situations for the main site. As i said guru's who are dev's are fairly busy and as you can see this forum goes into chaos on the weekends. Why because there is not customerservice or guru's working. It's day off time and it leaves the forums in a mess. It's not hard to put 2 and 2 together here. The forum has no moderators, not the kind Jarsie and i are talking about.

She knows exactly what im referring too. Good moderated forums it doesn't take 12 hours to shut down a thread that's been out of control and issue a mute to the players till the get the higher ups to issue a ban hammer if needed. Good forum moderators actually clean up threads and see what topics are heavily discussed if they can remain in on topic and will delete the rest. They usually go in and make topics that assist people or in the very least will make it known the forum rules and why the thread has been locked, moved, deleted etc. That presence is not here, the question than becomes why did EA do this for their other sites and not this one.

Again it becomes where i believe uk management overseas say the benefit of it and issued it and where the us management here did not and left it to go under. This is a key place and is a strong part of customer service there is no reason why Moderators should not have a stronger presence.

kinusia2000

To A SimGuru ( if your still replying )

The stories and legacies section isn't stories and legacies now. It's full of RPGs, and it's rather annoying if your a story or legacy writer, or you just want to read a story or legacy. The first page is RPgs with one or two stories or legacies. Are you aware of that, and are you planning to do anything about it? Theres a petition with over 200 signatures to give them their own forum

Just Smile
HappySimmer3

SimGuruSemedi wrote:
HappySimmer3 wrote:SimGuruGraham, I am also curious about something else and I would really appreciate it if you could answer this for me.

Is EA/The Sims Division contracting with a different art studio for each TS3 EP? Or are the people creating each EP a regular, full-time part of The Sims 3 team? I would really like to understand how this works.

Thanks!

We utilize both actually. We have an ongoing internal art team that contributes to every aspect of the game... models, animations, textures, FX, concept, etc. We also work with some outsourcing partners who contribute models and textures. As far as I'm aware we use the same outsource team for each project, so they're quite familiar with the game and working closely with us.

I would love it if my second career could be art related. I might just have to settle for some leisure artistic pursuit such as creating sims and houses - not quite up to worlds yet. TS3 does not lend itself as easily to creativity as TS2 did. Also, thank you for answering, and for your perseverence in this thread, despite all the bouts of bickering.

I seem to remember that EA owned several independant design studios all over the world. Since all the EP's are mainly just compatible with the Base Game, I was wondering if this might be part of the reason. If it's not, then there goes that theory.

Rather than guess as to this TS3 design decision (and I can think of several), I would love to hear the company's rationale behind the lack of coordination between EP's. This seems to be a departure from TS2, which I believe had a much greater degree of interconnectedness. Any insight you could shed on this would be appreciated.

Faith12368

Marzupial wrote: I doubt very much the volunteers were offered to actively participate in the discussions themselves. It's just a hunch and I could be wrong.

Best regard as always,

Marz

Moderators can join in the discussions, when *****7 was a mod, he was in a lot of discussions, and I see Nichadaemus(sp?) on threads sometimes. So I think they are allowed to join in.

Edit:B*o*b*0*0*7

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/17/12 02:18 AM

"Oh shiny! Has the Sims name! Can't wait to play!! The Sims 4!!" - sums up my feelings perfectly!
Marzupial

Anavastia wrote:Here's what i think and this is just a hunch. That customer service still needs a moderator account to log in and delete and close threads and or issue a ban hammers. So standard guru accounts for customer service is just a given.

Even 3 'active' moderators can keep a forum fairly clean. So again the question becomes what has EA done to improve the situations for the main site. As i said guru's who are dev's are fairly busy and as you can see this forum goes into chaos on the weekends. Why because there is not customerservice or guru's working. It's day off time and it leaves the forums in a mess. It's not hard to put 2 and 2 together here. The forum has no moderators, not the kind Jarsie and i are talking about.

She knows exactly what im referring too. Good moderated forums it doesn't take 12 hours to shut down a thread that's been out of control and issue a mute to the players till the get the higher ups to issue a ban hammer if needed. Good forum moderators actually clean up threads and see what topics are heavily discussed if they can remain in on topic and will delete the rest. They usually go in and make topics that assist people or in the very least will make it known the forum rules and why the thread has been locked, moved, deleted etc. That presence is not here, the question than becomes why did EA do this for their other sites and not this one.

Again it becomes where i believe uk management overseas say the benefit of it and issued it and where the us management here did not and left it to go under. This is a key place and is a strong part of customer service there is no reason why Moderators should not have a stronger presence.

Hey Anavastia!

Well said!

I don't know if you read my post earlier, but there is just one thing in your post that I have difficulty understanding: You said that even 3 'active' moderators can clean a forum fairly clean. (The operative word here is "active"). How do you figure it can work given the sheer size of this forum?

To give you an idea of how lost I am, I came up with a figure in the hundreds! (endless threads to follow, active participation in so many of them as necessary, not forgetting that they would also like to post in their own threads just for fun, etc.)

I was even entertaining the idea of volunteers to do this (given appropriate - and generous - perks from the company given what those mods would have to endure on a daily basis.), as I understand now that EA in very unlikely to hire anyone for this!

My Very Best Regards as always,

Marz

I choose to play The Sims 3 on a Windows 7 partition (BootCamp) on an iMac 27 inch, Intel Quad Core i5, 2.66MH, 8Gb Memory with a ATI Radeon HD 4850.
Marzupial

Faith12368 wrote:
Marzupial wrote: I doubt very much the volunteers were offered to actively participate in the discussions themselves. It's just a hunch and I could be wrong.

Best regard as always,

Marz

Moderators can join in the discussions, when *****7 was a mod, he was in a lot of discussions, and I see Nichadaemus(sp?) on threads sometimes. So I think they are allowed to join in.

Edit:B*o*b*0*0*7

Hi Faith12368,

Interesting what you just mentioned and I have a question. Do you recall if (for example *****7 was a mod), was he allowed to intervene directly, for instance, suppress an offensive post when a stern warning wasn't enough perhaps, and if he would be actively moderating the threads he was responsible for, that kind of thing?

Best Regards and thanks for caring!

Marz

EDIT: Funny thing, when I looked at the numbers in your pseudonym, I thought it was the beginning of the Fibonacci suite. Then I started counting in my head and thought "Nope! That's not it"

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 04/17/12 03:17 AM

I choose to play The Sims 3 on a Windows 7 partition (BootCamp) on an iMac 27 inch, Intel Quad Core i5, 2.66MH, 8Gb Memory with a ATI Radeon HD 4850.
niac1234

Anavastia wrote:Here's what i think and this is just a hunch. That customer service still needs a moderator account to log in and delete and close threads and or issue a ban hammers. So standard guru accounts for customer service is just a given.

Anavastia (and Jarsie for that matter), I like the way you speak. You speak like you're a politician, but you actually know what you're talking about and it pertains to the subject.

Anyway, I completely agree with you Anavastia. I'm not much for participating in other forums, but the ones that I have participated had a very large prescence as to moderators. It sort of bothers me that moderators are seperate from simgurus... for the most part. But I suppose it wouldn't bother me if the moderators kept up with these forums like they should. We have to give them some credit though. There are a lot of sections and some of them move really fast. And I'm sure they don't look at the creative corner for trolls that often, but 5 days is unacceptable, to both guru's and moderators. Sk8rblaze or whoever it was that said this, you're right, if a cashier is seeing that the security officer isn't doing to well at his job, he wouldn't do much about it, but if somebody's trying to steal something, I'm sure he'd at least call security or 911 before he escapes. And it certainly wouldn't take too long. The moderators and even the simguru's should've learned from the Sesert problem that they need to keep a close eye on this forums. They move quickly and some bad stuff can happen. I mean, some kid had to go to therapy because of sesert, that's how bad it was. Learn from your mistakes please. You're already under a lot of scrutiny for that. I'm not going to answer to the simguru because he didn't even answer my question. Now that's the answer of the politician.

Oh, god, I'm going to be yelled at aren't I? I hate being so skeptical. Everytime I post, I'm afraid someone's going to be incredibly harsh to me, I won't say names. I'd suggest hanging out in the gifting section everyone, they know how to be happy and not at everyone's throats. Here's to hopes for a peaceful response. *clinks glass of champagne*

Sk8rblaze

niac1234 wrote:

Anavastia (and Jarsie for that matter), I like the way you speak. You speak like you're a politician, but you actually know what you're talking about and it pertains to the subject.

Anyway, I completely agree with you Anavastia. I'm not much for participating in other forums, but the ones that I have participated had a very large prescence as to moderators. It sort of bothers me that moderators are seperate from simgurus... for the most part. But I suppose it wouldn't bother me if the moderators kept up with these forums like they should. We have to give them some credit though. There are a lot of sections and some of them move really fast. And I'm sure they don't look at the creative corner for trolls that often, but 5 days is unacceptable, to both guru's and moderators. Sk8rblaze or whoever it was that said this, you're right, if a cashier is seeing that the security officer isn't doing to well at his job, he wouldn't do much about it, but if somebody's trying to steal something, I'm sure he'd at least call security or 911 before he escapes. And it certainly wouldn't take too long. The moderators and even the simguru's should've learned from the Sesert problem that they need to keep a close eye on this forums. They move quickly and some bad stuff can happen. I mean, some kid had to go to therapy because of sesert, that's how bad it was. Learn from your mistakes please. You're already under a lot of scrutiny for that. I'm not going to answer to the simguru because he didn't even answer my question. Now that's the answer of the politician.

Oh, god, I'm going to be yelled at aren't I? I hate being so skeptical. Everytime I post, I'm afraid someone's going to be incredibly harsh to me, I won't say names. I'd suggest hanging out in the gifting section everyone, they know how to be happy and not at everyone's throats. Here's to hopes for a peaceful response. *clinks glass of champagne*

It was christine400 who brought that cashier example up.

But I completely agree with you. I've seen the disgusting crap Sesert posted and it definitely made me wonder how the hell is that still up on the forums after so long? But i think the only thing the Simgurus could do, and as Graham Had said, they could only report and escalate it to a mod. That's why I suggested bringing it to EA Support - not the Simgurus or in this thread.

I think we should just forget about him though and forget about the user who trolled your thread. Never feed a troll.
Marzupial

Sk8rblaze wrote:***snip*** ...Oh, god, I'm going to be yelled at aren't I? I hate being so skeptical. Everytime I post, I'm afraid someone's going to be incredibly harsh to me, I won't say names. I'd suggest hanging out in the gifting section everyone, they know how to be happy and not at everyone's throats. Here's to hopes for a peaceful response. *clinks glass of champagne*

Hi Sk8rblaze,

I wanted to wait to give Anavastia the time to answer your post as it was meant for her. But now that she did, I felt compelled to reflect on what is quoted above: I feel just like you! Everytime I write something, I always brace myself for a storm!

I just wanted to say that I followed this thread you authored with great interest. I tried to do my best to participate in it in my own way too as it is such an important thread! I just want to say that you'll never get negative feedback from me! You speak your mind, share your ideas and concerns, all good and all of good nature. That's all I wanted to say. Chin Chin!

My Very Best Regards,

Marz

PS: You're right about Anavastia and Jarsie. I, for one, learned so much from both of them!

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 04/17/12 07:32 AM

christine400

Sk8rblaze wrote:
niac1234 wrote:

It was christine400 who brought that cashier example up.

But I completely agree with you. I've seen the disgusting crap Sesert posted and it definitely made me wonder how the hell is that still up on the forums after so long? But i think the only thing the Simgurus could do, and as Graham Had said, they could only report and escalate it to a mod. That's why I suggested bringing it to EA Support - not the Simgurus or in this thread.

I think we should just forget about him though and forget about the user who trolled your thread. Never feed a troll.

thats who i was talking about but i didnt wanto say his name that issue went on for months and people even made threads literally begging EA to do something about him it was aweful. niac i know it shouldnt take them 5 days but thats alot better than months and months and i doubted the guru could give you the answer your looking for since he cant do much about it himself which is why i suggest writing a letter.

have a good day

Christine<3
Jarsie9

My oldest daughter *did* point out to me that they have stricter laws governing internet usage in Europe, so that may be why that forum is so heavily moderated.

Still, EA, it wouldn't hurt any for you to step up to the plate and give this forum a little bit of TLC.

I Am No Longer Accepting Friend Requests. All Friend Requests Will Be Declined.
christine400

Jarsie9 wrote:My oldest daughter *did* point out to me that they have stricter laws governing internet usage in Europe, so that may be why that forum is so heavily moderated.

Still, EA, it wouldn't hurt any for you to step up to the plate and give this forum a little bit of TLC.

i didnt think of that i know people laws are tough over there they cant have games like gta b.c you can kill cops.

but anyways thats a very valid point

Christine<3
frankiedoodle08

christine400 wrote:
Jarsie9 wrote:My oldest daughter *did* point out to me that they have stricter laws governing internet usage in Europe, so that may be why that forum is so heavily moderated.

i didnt think of that i know people laws are tough over there they cant have games like gta b.c you can kill cops.

but anyways thats a very valid point

???

we have GTA.....

Post Reply Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
Go to: