Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
What do you think of these photos?  XML
Forum Index » Sims and Modeling
California

I was just messing around with different things today and this is what I ended up with.

It's for a story I plan on writing, eventually. Won't be out anytime soon. But I wanted everyone's opinion on this edit.

It was created in Powerpoint, as I lack proper editing programs. And I added a filter or two with Picasa to make it appear a little more realistic.

You can right click and open them in a new tab to make them bigger if you want to read the text.
This is the raw file, without picasa:

And this is with the added filters:

What do you think? Do you have a preference as to which one is better? Are the filters too much?

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 05/21/12 05:34 AM

Blind loyalty (or people who hate something but keep buying it) isn't good for anyone
ALMAinWONDERLAND

i kinda like it without the filters
and a good free editing program is GIMP

NiNjahawkz

The filter makes the letters hard to read

<CLICK >
California

ALMAinWONDERLAND wrote:i kinda like it without the filters
and a good free editing program is GIMP

Thank you for the feedback.

GIMP doesn't seem to agree with my computer at the moment. This hunk of junk definitely needs an upgrade.

Blind loyalty (or people who hate something but keep buying it) isn't good for anyone
California

NiNjahawkz wrote:The filter makes the letters hard to read

I think that was more of an image quality problem, not the filter. I changed the images to a higher quality. What do you think now? Still hard to read?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 05/21/12 05:00 AM

California

I'd really appreciate any critiques you all have.

crystal91390

Gorgeous photo btw I'd say just watch out for the white outline on the sims hair, I'm sure with a better editing program this wouldn't be a problem for you I do like the filtered version better because it does give the photo that extra 'pop' to it, especially on the sim! (I'm viewing the photos full size and I can definitely tell the difference).

Also, the best thing about your photo is that it's basically a photo within a photo, so if you feel like the filter you used is a bit too much then you can try just putting the filter on the photo of the sim instead of applying it to the entire image.

I personally like it, apart from the white outline on her hair it's an amazing photograph and it's very well executed specially with the limitations you have in editing without a "proper" editing software. If you can make a great photo without it then I can't even imagine what you can come up with once you do get it.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 05/21/12 06:30 AM

California

crystal91390 wrote: Gorgeous photo btw I'd say just watch out for the white outline on the sims hair, I'm sure with a better editing program this wouldn't be a problem for you I do like the filtered version better because it does give the photo that extra 'pop' to it, especially on the sim! (I'm viewing the photos full size and I can definitely tell the difference).

Also, the best thing about your photo is that it's basically a photo within a photo, so if you feel like the filter you used is a bit too much then you can try just putting the filter on the photo of the sim instead of applying it to the entire image.

I personally like it, apart from the white outline on her hair it's an amazing photograph and it's very well executed specially with the limitations you have in editing without a "proper" editing software. If you can make a great photo without it then I can't even imagine what you can come up with once you do get it.

Yeah, unfortunately Powerpoint isn't exactly the best chroma-keyer out there. I tried to shade in the white with shadows, at least to make it less bright. Too much and it would have smudged out the detail of the ends of her hair. At least it's a whole lot better than it was when I started.

Anyways, I really appreciate you taking the time to reply. Your comment has been very helpful.

Thank you.

Australorp

I think it looks better without the filter. The filter makes the words less defined and harder to read.

ShaliANel

Honestly the difference isn't that huge, but I'd say without the filters Filters tend to make things looks exaggerated

MischiefTheKitten

California

Australorp wrote:I think it looks better without the filter. The filter makes the words less defined and harder to read.

It only appears that way in the smaller view, when you enlarge the images the text is nearly the same when it comes to legibility.

Thank you very much for your input.

California

ShaliANel wrote:Honestly the difference isn't that huge, but I'd say without the filters Filters tend to make things looks exaggerated

MischiefTheKitten

Yeah, I didn't want the contrast too drastic. It's easier to see the differences in full view.

Thank you for commenting.

Forum Index » Sims and Modeling
Go to: