Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
TS3W.exe and TSLHost.dll are missing please help  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Amethystdear1

I have a major issue, after accidentally deleting the files (which I thought wouldnt matter I thought it was extra ), and trying to open the Sims Starter, it told me that the Sims launcher had stopped working , so I thought "Oh its being weird again." So I went to the exe file instead and clicked on it, it opened but closed again...so I wondered for a while and thought, 'was that one TS3W.exe file important?????' Looking at other forums it turned out it was..........I almost died and by trying to find the file I deleted I had no luck it was gone for good.

I tried uninstalling and installing again, but it still showed missing, I don't know if it's me or not but I may have messed up the game for good.

So if anyone can help me out or tell me how I can replace it, you would be doing me The Watchers Favor.

And thanks anyway for responding.

I'm such a glibshnob
Nichaedemus

Hi,

To remove the possibility of corrupted program files and/or registries, a manual uninstall is recommended. For instructions on doing a manual uninstall please refer to the following EA Support article:

How do I manually uninstall The Sims 3?
https://help.ea.com/article/manually-uninstalling-the-sims-3

Please note that you may require Administrative access to perform the manual deletion of game files or registries. If issues persist with manual deletion, it is advised that you boot Windows in Safe Mode before trying again.

In addition, delete all files and folders located in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, though you may wish to back up your Downloads and Saves folder to a safe location first.

When all that is done, try reinstalling the base game again.

Need assistance with The Sims 3? Visit the Master Help Thread today!
Amethystdear1

never mind I fixed it
Jaleyucel

How did you fix it? I am having the same issue as I replaced the TS3W.exe file and tslhost.dll file with cracks.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/27/12 07:48 PM

vegablueboy

Having same problem! Can you please tell how you fixed it?
RAaand0m0siityx

I had the same problem. I lost my TS3W.exe file and I freaked out because my launcher just said error and shut down again. I researched the TSW3.exe file and figured out how to fix it pretty quickly, I just downloaded a patch. It took me a while to find a download but now it's all working again. I think it was the latest patch I got so just search for that, download and install, and then try the game and see if it works Oh, and I only have the base game - don't know if that makes a difference.

Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: