Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
How do I get my sim to move in with a townie?  XML
Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
AndrewBot88

So I've got two young adult sims, I chose one as my family's heir and am now trying to get the other one to move in with her boyfriend. But whenever I choose the "Move In" interaction, it automatically moves her boyfriend in with me, but all of my sims are grayed out and won't let me move them. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/12/12 05:06 PM

NRaas

AndrewBot88 wrote:So I've got two young adult sims, I chose one as my family's heir and am now trying to get the other one to move in with her boyfriend. But whenever I choose the "Move In" interaction, it automatically moves her boyfriend in with me, but all of my sims are grayed out and won't let me move them. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

You cannot use the EA Standard "Ask to Move In" interaction to move your sim into an inactive household.

Split and Merge the sim via "Edit Town" instead.

NRaas Industries.

For more details, search for my name on this forum.
WoWLynnia

NRaas wrote:
AndrewBot88 wrote:So I've got two young adult sims, I chose one as my family's heir and am now trying to get the other one to move in with her boyfriend. But whenever I choose the "Move In" interaction, it automatically moves her boyfriend in with me, but all of my sims are grayed out and won't let me move them. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

You cannot use the EA Standard "Ask to Move In" interaction to move your sim into an inactive household.

^ This. You can't even use the "Move" interaction on your cell phone, as it only allows you to move into uninhabited houses. The only way to merge her with her boyfriend's household is to A) split and merge via Edit Town, or B) switch to his household and have him ask her to move in.

goofhead1

Location:Why do you wanna know? What are ya? Writing a book about me or something? O.o

I was playing once and my sim went to go visit one of his good friends, they got along really well and then she asked him to move in. You could also do what everyone else wants too.

I am in school from 6:45-3:15. I actually get out at 2:10 but I'm on the bus for an hour and I go to a special agriculture school which makes me busy
AndrewBot88

WoWLynnia wrote:
NRaas wrote:

^ This. You can't even use the "Move" interaction on your cell phone, as it only allows you to move into uninhabited houses. The only way to merge her with her boyfriend's household is to A) split and merge via Edit Town, or B) switch to his household and have him ask her to move in.

Seems awfully roundabout, but alright. I'm surprised nobody's made mod to change that yet.
NRaas

AndrewBot88 wrote:Seems awfully roundabout, but alright. I'm surprised nobody's made mod to change that yet.

They have, it is called [Mover].

NRaas Industries.

For more details, search for my name on this forum.
AndrewBot88

NRaas wrote:
AndrewBot88 wrote:Seems awfully roundabout, but alright. I'm surprised nobody's made mod to change that yet.

They have, it is called [Mover].

Alright, I read the description of that and wasn't quite sure if it would do what I wanted. Thanks.

Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: