Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Sell my rocks and gems?  XML
Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
stjacks333

Hey guys!

I just got Sims 3 so I am still learning it. How do you sell your rocks or your gems? I was trying to make rock collecting the money-maker for one of my sims but I can't figure out how they sell it. Please help!
Jixi

Drag it to the big square with the simolean sign in their inventory to sell it. I always send the space rocks to be ********, the metal is smelted, the gems are cut before I sell them so I can get more money for them.

Oh good grief.... A n a l i z e d is censored.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/03/09 09:10 PM

MedleyMisty

When you're in your sim's inventory you should see a little box over to the side - it has a faint simolean in the background if I remember correctly. Drag stuff into the box to sell it.

CrazyboutTheSims

I never get very much for my gems..

heidismiles

CrazyboutTheSims wrote:I never get very much for my gems..

Do you send them away to get cut? That increases their value

I don't know if I've lived 10,000 days, or one day 10,000 times...
Battsknox

Jixi wrote:Drag it to the big square with the simolean sign in their inventory to sell it. I always send the space rocks to be ********, the metal is smelted, the gems are cut before I sell them so I can get more money for them.

O got to LOVE the censor here

Gouka989

If you can manage to collect all the gem types, you'll get a special cut that for the higher end gems like Rainbow or the rare Pink Diamond can make them worth many thousands. Even if you don't get that one, if you get enough gems cut you'll eventually open up some cut types that definitely up the value of the gems. But be careful in that many of the lower quality gems will not increase in value too much and you end up paying more to get them cut than their eventual worth.
Jalida

Do the gems respawn, or are they one time collectors?

-=R.I.P. Weston =-
Nov 25, 2005 - July 15, 2010
Emi1y

Where do you get them cut at?
Karazara

Jixi wrote:Drag it to the big square with the simolean sign in their inventory to sell it. I always send the space rocks to be ********, the metal is smelted, the gems are cut before I sell them so I can get more money for them.

Lol... well it's censored because of the first 4 letters. Besides, you misspelled it, it's "analyzed."
Karazara

Emi1y wrote:Where do you get them cut at?

Just click on the gem and you can send it in to be cut (asking it to be sent in to be cut automatically walks you to your mailbox). It will arrive cut in your mailbox the next day; you can then display it or sell it. If you display it, you can display it unmounted, or on a stand, or on a pillow, these options can be chosen by clicking on it after you place it somewhere. The more gems you discover and have cut, the more different cuts are eventually unlocked.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/03/09 09:55 PM

Emi1y

Thanks Kara! =D
Sully

If you think about it, it's not really smart to smelt something like a piece of Iron for $40 when its actual value after smelting comes to about $15-20.

The same goes for gems, really.
DanteTheDark

heidismiles wrote:
CrazyboutTheSims wrote:I never get very much for my gems..

Do you send them away to get cut? That increases their value

Gotta be careful about what cut you get done though because some of the cuts are more expensive than they are worth.

Avlnmists

So far I have been able to get 3 diff cuts. Emerald, diamond or pear.. are there many more then that? Im such a dork, but I love walking through the hills looking for gems Also, what about teh ore? I always get them smelted.. are they used for something? or just sell them?

Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: