Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Is there a list of graphic cards that work with sims3?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
KatelynRocks

Is there a list of graphic cards that list which ones work and which ones dont work? I know you can probably get the information from the game box but i rememeber that there were a few cards that were listed as supported but were not. Does anybody know if someone has compiled a list of graphic cards that work?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/20/12 08:03 PM

pinkstar2000

Assuming you mean graphic cards, it would be too big of a list, but here are the basic requirements:

http://www.thesims3.com/game/systemreq

If you don't mind me asking~ what graphic card are you considering?

P.S Even though gma is listed~ i'd advise you to stay away from it. I had an HP laptop with a 4500MHD Core2Duo 4GB Ram and it was horrible. All low settings with lag up the yang yang.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 06/20/12 07:53 PM

¿Hay un problema?
Zeri

do you mean simpoint cards? i think only EA cards will work, other game cards dont seem to count for sims merchandise.
KatelynRocks

i meant graphic cards

Nik24X7

I don't know about a list, but I have the MSI N560GTX-Ti Hawk GeForce GTX 560 Ti video card and it works fabulously! You definitely should get a card that is meant for gaming.
Simsister2004

KatelynRocks wrote:i meant graphic cards

The list of compatible graphic cards are in the Readme file for the game. You find it in This computer/DriveC/Programs/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Support.
Emily485

Most are compatible, but not all work well.

Thanks for the sig computertech82!
EMPRESSPAMELA

here is a simmer compilation of many, not sure when last updated so read the dates of the posts

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/400739.page

jimmysnan

Go into a site called canyourunit.com and it will tell you if your computer can run this game. Also I went into the technical discussion and some other simmers helped me with what card I should buy if that is what you are looking for. I just bought one. but be careful of the power your computer can hold I had to buy a new power supply also because the card I wanted to upgrade to needed 500power and I only had 300 power. So they really helped me a lot with that.

We are all of us, angels with only one wing and together we fly. Thanks for helping me soar.

Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: