Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
How many kind of hybrids?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Supernatural
Sim_Milo

Hi guys!

I always knew that in the sims 3 hybrids are not welcome.

But ...I recently read of a user who has created, from the union of a vampire and a genius, a hybrid between the two species (documented!).

And here on the English forum a user has created a ghost-vampire-genie (always documented).

How is it possible? Tecnically, vampire and genie can't mix, because every single species have different needs color, but sometimes it happened.
Ghosts are only dead sims, so it is possible, but other tipes...

So, have some of you guys managed to create hybrids?
Did you think that they are glitches?
My vampire can will became a witch?

JenZ4HeavenZ

um as far as I know children born from lets say fairy and werewolf for example I hear will be either one or the other no mixes. As for vampires becoming witches.. you can learn to be a witch so I would assume that a vampire could also be a witch. Magic is like Alchemy in a way.. both are said to be types of science and both are learned and not necessarily needed to be inherited. How well you can handle your magic however is usually inherited.. However I am not sure which way they will decide to go on this. This is just my thought on the matter..

carla70

My hybrid was created from many generations. I my case..

1st generation-Regular sim +genie= genie female

2nd -genie female+vampire (NPC)= genie/vampire hybrid male

3rd-genie/vamp hybrid (drink ghost potion before woohoo) + IM friend female (turned real)= vampire/ghost/Im friend/genie

4th you have your hybrid
Im my case the genie is the recessive genie but still in the genetics.

Edit to add- I have no idea as of yet wether my hybrid could continue breeding (sorta speak) hybrids when the SN EP comes out, since they said the vampires will be added abilities. I hope to soon find out .

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 06/22/12 12:06 PM

Sanyu_Kurokawa

I assume they are glitches, good glitches at that... Since from the beginning the Sims 3 creators seem very anti-hybrid. So expect that being patched over with Supernatural.
JenZ4HeavenZ

carla70 wrote:My hybrid was created from many generations. I my case..

1st generation-Regular sim +genie= genie female

2nd -genie female+vampire (NPC)= genie/vampire hybrid male

3rd-genie/vamp hybrid (drink ghost potion before woohoo) + IM friend female (turned real)= vampire/ghost/Im friend/genie

4th you have your hybrid
Im my case the genie is the recessive genie but still in the genetics.

Edit to add- I have no idea as of yet wether my hybrid could continue breeding (sorta speak) hybrids when the SN EP comes out, since they said the vampires will be added abilities. I hope to soon find out .

What is this imaginary friend you speak of? I do not recall hearing of it but once. I am not sure how to look for an imaginary friend.

carla70

What is this imaginary friend you speak of? I do not recall hearing of it but once. I am not sure how to look for an imaginary friend.

The Imaginary friend comes with Sims 3 Generations. Newborn babies get one in the mail and they take care of it til adult age where they turn them into a real person doll. They are then added to you family as a playable Sim.
GREENEYA

JenZ4HeavenZ wrote:um as far as I know children born from lets say fairy and werewolf for example I hear will be either one or the other no mixes. As for vampires becoming witches.. you can learn to be a witch so I would assume that a vampire could also be a witch. Magic is like Alchemy in a way.. both are said to be types of science and both are learned and not necessarily needed to be inherited. How well you can handle your magic however is usually inherited.. However I am not sure which way they will decide to go on this. This is just my thought on the matter..

In TS3 Witch is a creature. Sims can not learn to become witches.
Vampire - Witch hybrids are not possible. Can be either a witch or a vampire.
VamPanda

I guess it depends on how you look at hybrids. A vampire and genie hybrid will look like 1 (usually the vampire) but have both abilities.

with SN, this may also happen, that the sims look like 1, but have both abilities. Perhaps the gurus thought we ment would they look like a cross between the two?

Also the SN Creatures "turn" during full moons etc, so that maybe affected. Example, the child may look like a fairy and have fairy abilities, but only some werewolf abilites.

Im just speculating xD
Sanyu_Kurokawa

VamPanda wrote:I guess it depends on how you look at hybrids. A vampire and genie hybrid will look like 1 (usually the vampire) but have both abilities.

with SN, this may also happen, that the sims look like 1, but have both abilities. Perhaps the gurus thought we ment would they look like a cross between the two?

Also the SN Creatures "turn" during full moons etc, so that maybe affected. Example, the child may look like a fairy and have fairy abilities, but only some werewolf abilites.

Im just speculating xD

Sadly, that won't be case. The child will be either/or. A fairy and werewolf child won't exist, it'll be either a werewolf or a fairy. It won't turn at the full moon if it's a fairy and vice versea .
clubers

The "zombie" in my signature (actually a vampire-mummy-sim) was actually created through a glitch, but it itself isn't glitchy.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/22/12 12:51 PM

Mastered the ZOMBIE. Mod/CC-free game. I'm a starkid.
VamPanda

Sanyu_Kurokawa wrote:
VamPanda wrote:I guess it depends on how you look at hybrids. A vampire and genie hybrid will look like 1 (usually the vampire) but have both abilities.

Im just speculating xD

Sadly, that won't be case. The child will be either/or. A fairy and werewolf child won't exist, it'll be either a werewolf or a fairy. It won't turn at the full moon if it's a fairy and vice versea .

Again i havent made myself clear xD I am useless at explaining what goes on in my head

What i meant was, the sim may look like a fairy, bu have some werewolf abilites. Liken idling it may howl or something, but obviously at the full moon it wouldnt turn into a werewolf. I dont really knwo enough et about the SN creatures to make a better example xD

Another example could be that you sim may appear to be a werewolf, but has some genie anilities, like summon food and magically clean.

Hope that made more sense xD

Again im just speculating xD None of our hybrids are true hybrids because they dont look like both type of creature we have, but they have some of each ability
Sanyu_Kurokawa

VamPanda wrote:
Sanyu_Kurokawa wrote:

Im just speculating xD

Again i havent made myself clear xD I am useless at explaining what goes on in my head

What i meant was, the sim may look like a fairy, bu have some werewolf abilites. Liken idling it may howl or something, but obviously at the full moon it wouldnt turn into a werewolf. I dont really knwo enough et about the SN creatures to make a better example xD

Another example could be that you sim may appear to be a werewolf, but has some genie anilities, like summon food and magically clean.

Hope that made more sense xD

Again im just speculating xD None of our hybrids are true hybrids because they dont look like both type of creature we have, but they have some of each ability

I understand where you are coming from, but what the gurus said on the live chat that won't be possible at all. Theoretically we should be able to have a sim child look like a fairy and have abilities from a werewolf, such as howling or perhaps hunting. The same with a genie/werewolf child appear as werewolf but uses genie abilities in a major/minor extent. However that will not happen if a child is made from two supernaturals, it'll take after one occult type and no other extra abilities from the other.

Which means even though the child should have genie abilities, they won't. The child will only ever be able to use werewolf abilities.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/22/12 01:08 PM

JenZ4HeavenZ

carla70 wrote:

The Imaginary friend comes with Sims 3 Generations. Newborn babies get one in the mail and they take care of it til adult age where they turn them into a real person doll. They are then added to you family as a playable Sim.

so its the doll that they have in their inventory and they play with and sing to every so often. The only option it has for my now teen sim is to talk through with it. :p So it will turn in to a real person doll hrm.. interesting. I will have to wait and see what happens.

GREENEYA wrote:
JenZ4HeavenZ wrote:um as far as I know children born from lets say fairy and werewolf for example I hear will be either one or the other no mixes. As for vampires becoming witches.. you can learn to be a witch so I would assume that a vampire could also be a witch. Magic is like Alchemy in a way.. both are said to be types of science and both are learned and not necessarily needed to be inherited. How well you can handle your magic however is usually inherited.. However I am not sure which way they will decide to go on this. This is just my thought on the matter..

Ooh i see.. bummer..

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/22/12 01:27 PM

MGSFan612

GREENEYA wrote:

So they are going the patch the store spellbook(since it is being updated for SN) so regular sims can't use it anymore?

I don't understand what make witches/wizards special

The only other thing I can think of is to limit which spells regular sims can learn.

Sam_Is_Great

I really want hybrids in TS3. It's a shame it seems impossible in normal un-glitced gameplay. I know mods exist making hybrids possible, but I really don't like or trust mods.

Post Reply Forum Index » Supernatural
Go to: