Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
World Adventures: Bug List (please post DxDiag)  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » World Adventures
goliegirl2011

I just downloaded the sims 3 world adventures and started traveling, but when i get back from my game a few things happen. One, all the items in my sims inventory disappear. Then my sims skills start to diminish. Next my sims duplicate and one of each of the pairs gets frozen. After that, the unfrozen sims become invisable, and all the pics on the lower left side go blank.Then the previously frozen sims vanish as well, and the pics on the left side disappear. the computer then kicks me into edit town mode where i cant do anything except press controle alt delete. i try and restart my computer and go back onto sims but as soon as i click on a family it crashes. then i tried to uninstall the game which worked fine but now i can't reinstall it. i got the downloadable version of sims so i went on to my EA account to see if i could try to reinstall it from there but when i got anywhere near my billing or account information, it asked me to log in. i must have logged in 5 or six times before it kicked me off the website. None of the searches i have done on the EA websie or the Sims website have helped at all. iv had this game for 5 days and its never worked properly... please help me
AliMiiMii

My bug:
When my sim gets back from China, France or Egypt she has a clone of her, Excatly the same! HELLLPPPPP!

I got rid of the cloning by turning off story progression..
I uninstalled everything, defragged, disabled firewall/anitvirus, clean install of base game, patched, installed late night, installed world adventures, patched, deleted / uninstalled all old games and started fresh. Started a new game in Riverview, but cannot find any hotspots and she gets the wish to go for drinks..
So..started a new one in Bridgeport, and she has no celebrity points, doesn't have it on the panel, like there is no celebrity stars...
I just started playing a few months ago, I am hooked, since WA I have so much trouble and I hate the fact I wasted 40 euros on a game that doesn't work, and you can't get your money back because its a PC game...
Does anyone have any other clue? Is there some patch I am missing, or do I have a whole list I should do, one at a time, as I read in one of these millions of posts about problems...
grrrrrrrrrr
Its so frustrating, I have not even begun to explore the game, have no idea what people mean when they talk about switching households, I'm still working on just making one Sim, getting her married and kids, blah blah, and can't understand these problems...grrrr
Chloe0610

I have a new bug, since downloading the recent update. The game will freeze every 10 seconds or so when im in china, france or egypt :S its really frustrating and its the worst in china. Has anyone else had this problem/know how to fix it?
supernut

I think you have the stuck Sim bug. You need to find that Sim. In China it's usually stuck at the bottome of the stairs at the Hot Springs venue. Do resetSim (first name) (surname). You might have to do that for a lot of them. Don't know where they are in Egypt.

Talked to EA today who said they were well aware of the problem and were working on it (the cloning issues, etc.) Their only advice to me was to unstall and re-install without being on the internet cos if you are you'll automatically download the latest patch (1.22) which is causing all the problems.

I guess then you would have to download all the previous patches manually. I might try that before I through this computer out the window.

I played again, 2nd trip to france, sure enough, came back with a clone...

So..if you start the game and you are connected to the internet, it will automatically download the bad patch? So the way to avoid is to play when not connected to the internet.

I think I need another PC.
Birdkitty

Location:♪I get to go home in one week, but I'm leaving home in three weeks...♪

It's hard to explain my glitch, it doesn't really affect the game, as far as I can tell, but when my Sim returned from her trip to China, her mother was in her Relationship List twice, but the second "mom" didn't have any known information about her.

Also, it's a pretty old glitch and I've tolerated it for now, but I can't get any of my Sims to dig in Excavation sites. They say that they something it blocking it or can't reach it.

HeadLune

Gadgetmania wrote:

-Return from vacation without items bought in family inventory. This happens with all my Sims but one, the only one who had gone on vacation before and returned with things before. It happens with or without other items in Family Inventory.

This has been happening to me as well, except none of my sims can purchase anything that goes into family inventory and have them when they return.

Also noted: Money is exactly the same when I return as when I left (minus traveling fees). The data of any money I've spent or earned is lost upon return.

I have done a nice new clean install and still this happens. Another weird bug I have noticed happens at 4am (every time it hits 4am in-game) in the home town (no on vacation) where one of my sims wakes up for no reason. Before my clean install it was the woman in the active and now it is the men.
MisLuck

I have the newest patches that should have fixed the camera problem (the whole game freezes completely when I have took a photo) but the problem still occurs.
The main game is version 1.24.3 and WA has version 2.17.2. According to updater these should be the lates patches?

I really hope the camera glitch could be worked out.
Debbster13

i can't take pictures anymore
also for some reason i can't even talk to the locals now. how am i supposed to get a higher Visa?
sometimes my sims disappear when i go on vacation.... HELP
tuckeme99

I only just got WA a cupple weeks ago. As soon as I started the photography skill things went down hill. Loading big lots is now a big problem i didnt have before.

Photagraphy: I will take a pic using any camara. The picture is taken but the interaction will stay in the list. This will stave sims but it wont let them expire.

Big lots: Before it would take about 2 minutes to load a massive lot. It has taken m,e 5 mins to about half an hour to get them to load ever since WA. My game is fully up to date. The store won't take back my game cuz its opened and used. Who knows what to do??
bakes7

My sims went on vacation to china multiple times and recently bought a vacation home. A few sim days later they returned back to china to visit their vacation home and it takes them all to the base camp. The side icons on the left side of the screen with all their pictures are also missing and I can only use one sim while on vacation. All their wishes are gone and it says 0$. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it's still not working!
clblake2

I have completed multiple adventures, with different sims, in all three locations (including reporting back to the person who sent me on the adventure). I am told that I have completed the adventure and will be awarded so many Visa Points. However, when I attempt to purchase anything or increase the length of my stay, I do not have any Visa Points. Any suggestions?
wetwinx

I just installed World Adventures and I have the latest game update and the camera function is totally not working. The whole game just freezes.
Puddinroy

Birdkitty wrote:It's hard to explain my glitch, it doesn't really affect the game, as far as I can tell, but when my Sim returned from her trip to China, her mother was in her Relationship List twice, but the second "mom" didn't have any known information about her.

Also, it's a pretty old glitch and I've tolerated it for now, but I can't get any of my Sims to dig in Excavation sites. They say that they something it blocking it or can't reach it.

Go to modthesims2.com and look for Buzzler. They have a fix for the excauvation dig problem.

Post Reply Forum Index » World Adventures
Go to: