Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Medical Advice  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Hazen

What exactly is the point of having our pregnant sims go to the hospital to get medical advice for $200? Does it just make it more likely that you'll be able to pick the baby's traits? Also, is there a way to find out the gender of the baby before it's born?
kimmibabi2005

I was wondering the exact same thing today! I went twice and lost 400 but there seemed to be no point. I only went because I did hear that you can find out the gender of the baby.

Back2Basics

if your in the medicine career you can pick an option that says determine gender of baby. I did it as soon as i found out my spouse was pregnant
ZzephyrSZ

I never knew pregnant sims could get medical advice at the hospital! I'll have to check it out. As for the baby's gender, eating certain foods increases your chances of having one or the other. Eating plenty of apples will make having a boy more likely, and watermelons for girls. If you happen to know a doctor sim who's pretty high up in the medical career, they have an interaction where they can tell you what gender the baby will be.
Hazen

Yeah! That's what I thought too! I remembered reading somewhere that you can get your sim checked out at the hospital to find out the baby's gender... but I had her go twice, and never found out anything... so I just wondered what the heck the point of having her do that was.
Hazen

Sweet! Here's some invisible benes! haha
Nik24X7

I sent my pregnant Sim to the hospital for medical advice. When she walked out, she was charged $200 simoleans. Was there supposed to be a popup message? Never saw one. I'm all in favor of respecting HIPAA laws, but shouldn't I get to know the results? I am, after all, an omnipotent being over these little pixel people.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/15/09 09:37 PM

smoneill89

Back2Basics wrote:if your in the medicine career you can pick an option that says determine gender of baby. I did it as soon as i found out my spouse was pregnant

Where do you get this option? My sim is at the top of the medical career and I haven't figured out how to determine the gender of a baby
White0Rose

To figure out the gender of the baby the pregnant sim must chat with a sim high in the medical career (my sim spoke to a neurosurgeon) then after that there will be an option to determine the baby's gender.
MadameLee

White0Rose wrote:To figure out the gender of the baby the pregnant sim must chat with a sim high in the medical career (my sim spoke to a neurosurgeon) then after that there will be an option to determine the baby's gender.

My new sim family the woman didn't even know the doctor dudette (woman)and there was an opiton for the doctor to "Determine Gender" and they didn't even chat! It's (the option) is under friendly

Alysha1988

Well, since the gender of unborn babies in the game obviously isn't determined at conception, does having a sim in the medical career "guess" the gender mean that what they say WILL be the case for sure. What if you wanted a boy, but the medical career sim said girl, but you then went and ate lots of apples (which usually works) would you still wind up having a girl just because that sim said so, or can you still influence the gender the way you want despite what they've said.
mercifullynew

Nik24X7 wrote:I sent my pregnant Sim to the hospital for medical advice. When she walked out, she was charged $200 simoleans. Was there supposed to be a popup message? Never saw one. I'm all in favor of respecting HIPAA laws, but shouldn't I get to know the results? I am, after all, an omnipotent being over these little pixel people.

This could be the funniest post I've seen on this forum. haha

I am not sure what the purpose of the medical advice is, but I HEARD that it affects the baby's "score" or whatever that determines if you get to chose its traits.
Lisita

I've been playing a ghost family for a bit...the dad is the ghost and works in the medical career. I used a cheat to elevate his position in the Medical career, then had his wife ask the baby's gender (he'll go back to being a Medical Intern shortly).

My question is, what about twins and triples? Do they only tell you the gender of one of the babies? Both of my Sims have the Fertility treatment and have already had two sets of twins...
Lisita

I think it would also be cool to get a moodlet after finding out the gender.
Rayhey

Haha cool, I'll have to goto the hospital next time my sim is preggers =]

Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: