Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
anybody know what this is? "dynamic challenge"  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Store General Discussion (EN)
Mashimar0

so after installing a set, i went to download folder to delete the file I found this little file hiding in the folder.

I have no clue what it is, only thing shows is that I downloaded this file earlier in the morning. I opened up the launcher to see what it was and nothing. I double clicked the file and launcher tried to install but I got an error saying the file is already installed.
I have no clue what that is, only thing I did earlier was simply playing the sims, didn't purchase anything nor download anything while playing. I don't use any custom content. so anybody know what this is?

Bily_jednorozec

I think - this is an badge - this from "spring training". I have seen this Sims3.pack with CC Magic, it has the same image.
Mashimar0

that is weird, i didn't know we could download badges and i didn't even download it, so how did it appear on my download folder?

crinrict

This is a new challenge they put in. You can earn that badge (like the ones that came with Showtime).

They had to put it somewhere so they put it in downloads. They should have put it in the folder we already have so at least it would have been cleared what it's for.

No clue what happens if you delete it but I would think it gets redownloaded

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/04/12 05:53 PM

miklc

Speaking of the new badge does anyone know what the challenge to receive it is?

I quickly lost interest in the Showtime ones when they weren't giving me the badge despite completing a specific required task but I might have a go at these new ones see if they're any better

My BIG Thank You Thread

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/499626.
page
SmithMarsh

crinrict wrote:This is a new challenge they put in. You can earn that badge (like the ones that came with Showtime).

They had to put it somewhere so they put it in downloads. They should have put it in the folder we already have so at least it would have been cleared what it's for.

I clicked this icon in my downloads folder. The pop-up for the launcher appeared and said, "you have already installed dynamic challenge blah blah blah".

Then the exclamation point appeared over the "downloads" section of the launcher like it does when I download a new store item, but I saw nothing new in this section. So I checked the box for "play without custom content" and opened a new game. I went online using the game options tab, and the photo of the badge itself was still visible as completed, but the description was missing.

Nothing changed when I logged onto the store site via google. (Not a techie, but you know what I mean, hopefully).

Mashimar0

crinrict wrote:This is a new challenge they put in. You can earn that badge (like the ones that came with Showtime).

ah, thanks. I thought it was some suspicious download since it downloaded itself.

miklc wrote:Speaking of the new badge does anyone know what the challenge to receive it is?

I quickly lost interest in the Showtime ones when they weren't giving me the badge despite completing a specific required task but I might have a go at these new ones see if they're any better

you just have your sim jog until fatigued, i made my sim jog using quick burst, then received the badge. better hurry though, it end on 8/12.

miklc

Mashimar0 wrote:
miklc wrote:Speaking of the new badge does anyone know what the challenge to receive it is?

you just have your sim jog until fatigued, i made my sim jog using quick burst, then received the badge. better hurry though, it end on 8/12.

Thanks for the heads up

My BIG Thank You Thread

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/499626.
page
Springfairy556

Is it okay to not install it? I don't want it.Sorry to bump an old thread by the way.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/22/12 03:24 AM

dfheoicmvodkf

Do not uninstall it!! thts wht I did and now my sims 3 launcher wont open!! Please help, If u know a solution leave a comment on my page
gr1zzly

Are you signed in you the game?

You need to be signed in to get the badges.
honeyhoney8

I was just scanning all my CC files with Custard, & I found this lurking, along with 3 more like it. I wasn't sure what to think. I knew I hadn't downloaded anything by that name.

At least now I know it's safe. Especially since I already scanned it.

Also:

Mashimar0;

You gifted a while back, & I posted this http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/520689.page in reply. I was afraid you'd always think I hadn't thanked you.

ssaff

Hi All - I only have Sims 3 basic and have had a Maid for quite a number of days (probably a few [virtual] weeks). The most recent badge is "Too Busy To Clean" and the one before that is "Friend", as someone may be on a Friend-Frenzy "accept all friends" quest.
I have two "dynamicchallenge_c*LongNumber*ffaae0.Sims3Pack"
dynamicchallenge_*LongNumber*.Sims3Pack
I wonder if the first file-name refers to a click-on that I did to look at what *fae* ries can do. Both "dynamicchallenge*.Sims3Pack" files are 6 days old, so I don't recall what I did way-back-then.
Hope this helps *still trying to figure-out*.
Cheers 'n' Hugs To All

Board:Gigabyte X48-DQ6; CPU:2.50 ghz Intel Core2 Quad; 3328 Mbytes Usable RAM; 560.02 GB space; Graphics:ATI Radeon HD 4800 series; Win XP Pro SP3.
nickyfromboston

my dynamic challenge is in installed content, and whenever I try to delete it, it says exception raised. It's really screwing up my game.
JBAG521

I noticed these as well the other day when I was trying to get my store content to stay installed (!!) and I removed them from downloads and put them in a folder on my desktop. It doesnt seem to have affected my game at all though

Post Reply Forum Index » Store General Discussion (EN)
Go to: