Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
will all sims get umbrellas, even...  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Seasons
kristenwoods

the ones you put down, like the ones you do not play but you put in the world. i hope they do

xXBruin_SlayerXx

Agreed

Account is now exclusively mine!
SugarRave

I would hope you can buy and recolour-retexture them

Besides what if I want a reckless sim to brave the rain? (and not risk electrocution lol)

Kedg24

indeed i dont want them always to be dry if i make vids i want them to run in the rain with out the use of an unbrella.
AnglePlay300

Location:What are you, a stalker? You don't need to know this!

I'm not sure about if the townies will automatically have them as they sound like they're going to be buy mode items like the cane. We know that they are recolorable. But we'll have to wait for an answer on whether or not townies will already have them. Hm...now I'm really curious about that.

And we know that they are optional because in the videos you could see kids not using them, even though they have been confirmed as being available for kids and up.
But your sims will get soaked if they don't use them. (It will probably look like when they come out of a dive pool in WA.)

Tombé Sous Le Charme - Christophe Maé 3♥25♥13
mcrudd

If you look at the trailer video and pause it at 0:38 You will see more than 8 unbrellas pop open and its in a community lot, so it seems as if everyone will be equipped with an umbrella

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB5nTGm0j3Q

SimsTias

mcrudd wrote:If you look at the trailer video and pause it at 0:38 You will see more than 8 unbrellas pop open and its in a community lot, so it seems as if everyone will be equipped with an umbrella

But thatt is just a trailer. Trailers are often made up with some stuff that won't happen in-game. Also if you saw the live chat you could see some sims that didn't use an Umbrella when it was raining.

Visit my site all about The Sims!
SimsTias.blogspot.se

AnglePlay300

Location:What are you, a stalker? You don't need to know this!

SimsTias wrote:
mcrudd wrote:If you look at the trailer video and pause it at 0:38 You will see more than 8 unbrellas pop open and its in a community lot, so it seems as if everyone will be equipped with an umbrella

But thatt is just a trailer. Trailers are often made up with some stuff that won't happen in-game. Also if you saw the live chat you could see some sims that didn't use an Umbrella when it was raining.

Exactly. With trailers they stage it all beforehand. So they would have made sure that all of the sims had umbrellas.

Tombé Sous Le Charme - Christophe Maé 3♥25♥13
Pill

Just because it is staged doesn't mean it won't happen.

Of course they do things for theatrical purposes, but I've yet to actually see a sim do something in a trailer that we can't do in game.

It is more what goes on in the background. For example, Showtime shows a huge crowd where in reality there aren't a whole lot of people.

I can guarantee you a lot of sims will use umbrellas. Almost annoyingly so. Yeah, I'm sure they staged some of it but it can only go so far.

Bmuses

I have a feeling they will be just like canes and strollers. Some townies will have them and some wont.. I know that they are buy mode objects that you can place in your inventory and will go into use automatically like the cane or stroller, and they are recolorable. So I guess if you take the umbrella out of your inventory your Sim wont use it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/09/12 09:38 AM

Wildeatheart

Thats good coz most of the elders in my town get canes without me giving them canes

sidi

Hopefully they'll spawn in the townies' inventories like Sloppy Jaloppies.

Post Reply Forum Index » Seasons
Go to: