I do not have a solution for uninstalling Store content other than reinstalling all of them. If you have the issue, please post in the technical or Store technical section of this forum.
Please remove your mods before posting. Even if they say they are updated. You can only be sure something is a EA bug if you play a vanilla game.
There is no need for reading this whole thread but please check my posts on this first page if your issue has been reported and only post if you have extra info to add.
Remember that the patch will make your game 'EP' ready. Most of the bugs (unless they are specific to functionality of the EP) and fixes will also apply if you only have the patch and NOT the EP.
Please post the info asked in the second post and I'd appreciate it if you follow the rules
1. Please DO NOT VENT in this thread. If you are not happy with the game, post in another thread that most likely will pop up or start your own. I will need to read through all posts and venting will make me skip your post. Make your statement as calm and informative as possible.
2. Don't post things like: It doesn't work or I got an error message. I don't know how to help you with that. Describe as accurate as possible what you tried and what your problem is. Post any error messages you receive as you seem them (screen-shots are great)
3. Make sure that you have removed ALL your custom content, especially mods for they are most likely not compatible anymore. This also applies if you are only getting the patch. Check with the creators before putting them back.
4. You can also post your bugs/problems if you have not but the expansion but updated to the newest patch.
5. Please do not post any technical issues like crashes, graphic card problems or incompatibility messages. They go in the technical section of this forum and there are people there that can better help you than me.
6. Please read the compiled lists to see if anyone has posted before and if there's a solution to your problem. I will try to keep links so you can go to the post of the person for extra info but that might prove difficult if lots of people have the problem. If you have extra info to add, please do so. Also let me know if you feel that I have misinterpreted your post.
7. Also consult my blog at Crinrict's Sims 3 Help Blog to see if you are running into an old problem that already has a solution
8. You may also post any fixed bugs or solutions you might find.
9. Please do not link to another post if you have already posted somewhere else. Copy/Paste your post and add the link as extra info. This forum will probably be a pain to navigate again and if I don't have to go consult other threads to what might be your problem, that's a huge relieve.
10. Keep in mind that I'm in a different time zone than most of you guys. Be patient, I will try to answer anyone (except venting posts).
11. If you are replying to a question of mine, please quote your problem/my question or recap in short. It will help me tremendously if I don't have to go back to see what your problem was and I can't keep them all in mind.
12. Check your game if you have any old cc-framework leftovers and remove.
13. Please don't post: I don't have the time to read all this. I find that rather insulting because it tells me, you didn't even bother to read the first post. I'm taking MY time to help you guys out and I'm not compensated by EA for this so the least you can do is read the first few posts before making your statement.
14. Please do not edit your post to add extra info to it unless no one else has answered you. I'm not going back in reading the thread, so I might miss extra info. Simply make a new post and restate your issue.
15. Please also excuse if my answers are short and to the point. I usually have to cover a lot of ground and I can't be elaborate about everything. It's not meant in a rude way at all. I appreciate everyone that is taking part in this.
16. If you opened a thread on a certain issue you want linked, post the link in this thread and I will add it. Make sure there aren't any threads there yet.
17. If you feel that I'm not treating everyone in the same way, you're probably right. There are people that have been reporting since my first bug thread and others that are modders/creators themselves. I feel that I know when a bug report of those people is legit and when not, so I'll be quicker to add those compared to people I don't know at all.
18. Please use proper english and no text language. Also try to use punctuation where applicable and don't put everything in one paragraph. Those are very hard for me to read. I'm German speaking, so that would help me a great deal to understand what you are saying.
Make sure your Origin is up-to-date (if you are using it). If your Origin is not at that version and you are not prompted an update, you will need to uninstall and get the newest version here: http://www.origin.com/us/about
Crashing issues are mainly technical and belong in the technical forum. carlymichelle has made a thread here: The offical sims 3 pets crashing thread. Please post in that thread if you have any crashing issues.
If you are experiencing crashes after load screen or after a few minutes of game play, it's most likely a DEP problem. The game has now a new .exe file in your base game folder. Make sure to add the following new files to your DEP:
A word on Mods/Hacks It's ok to use them, I do too (I even recommend some of them), but please please, educate yourself about them. Don't just pop something in. There are many mods that conflict with each other and there are many mods that will be outdated with every patch (that's how it works).
Some of the mods need to be uninstalled in a special way but it will always tell you in the mod description if that is the case. So PLEASE read them and DO what it says.
Abbreviations used MC = MasterController: Mod by Twallan
SP = StoryProgression Mod: Mod by Twallan
CC = Custom Content: cloth, objects, hair, etc from third-parties you add to your game.
DEP = Data Execution Prevention: Windows security feature.
MTS = ModTheSims: CC Site
TSR = TheSimsResource: A CC Site
This message was edited 14 times. Last update was at 10/29/12 04:38 PM
How to find your post and my answer (only major posts)
To find your own post, make sure you write down the page you posted on. My answer is most likely in my next post.
salivacocktail suggests to set a bookmark for the thread and not the page numbers in the description. You can edit the description with more page numbers should you post more.
I'll be linking all my answer post in here, including page number.
If I said, I'll add, make sure it gets added. Search the first page to find your name and make sure I understood what you were trying to say. If you reported more than once, your name should appear next to each issue (except for the more common, smaller ones). If you're not happy with what I wrote, please restate your issue with all the info.
I can't help you properly if I don't have this info and it's a pain for all if I have to keep getting back to people.
1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?
2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)
4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ?
5. Do you have Supernatural or just the Patch ?
6. Which Patch Level are you at ?
7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?
8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?
9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)
11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game.
Lagging/Freezing or any other issues of more technical nature
- What EPs do you own
- Some basic Info about your Computer (please NO DxDiag, they are too long for this thread). Processor, Amount of RAM, Graphic Card and Operating System (Mac, Win 7, Win XP, …) ?
- Do you have a 32 or 64 bit Operating System ?
- Do you use any Store Premium Content ? If so Which ones ?
- Some basic Info about your Computer (please NO DxDiag, they are too long for this thread). Processor, Amount of RAM, Graphic Card and Operating System (Mac, Win 7, Win XP, …), especially your graphic card
- Do you have advanced rendering on (Options - Graphics)
- What date has your graphic card driver
- If you are unsure where to find this info, read this: Finding Devices and Updating Drivers
This message was edited 31 times. Last update was at 10/08/12 09:12 AM
1. Lunar Phase does change in the middle of the day
2. Lunar Cycle is only 4 days instead of 8 as saved in the options
3. Changes don't seem to stick and mess up ()
4. Every time a saved game is loaded - the full moon is in two days ()
5. Lunar cycle reset going traveling
--> It seems the lunar cycle is not actually saved with the savegame itself.
--> Saving on a full moon messes up the Zombies and Werewolves
--> Resetting of Options might have something to do with the options not being added correctly to the options.ini file
--> Overwatch fixes this in V71 and above
--> Delete the options.ini file and let the game recreate a new one (make note of your current settings, they'll be lost)
--> Details here: Lunar Cycle not working --> Delete the options.ini file and let the game recreate a new one (make note of your current settings, they'll be lost)
Zombies - Social Zombies ? (JayTheWolf)
--> Probably related to the saving on full moon bug (see above)
- No Zombies at all (SpiderCrowWolf)
--> If you have the SP mod, they are cleaned out as homeless (if you have that option on)
--> Turn options to full moon and then back to dynamic after a day (roflblah)
- Active Witch randomly turns into a werewolf (nathanbanks3)
- Magic Meter does not refill when completely drained (ZeekSlider)
--> If you have set your needs to static, the magic meter stays empty. Set them to dynamic to refill. Isn't always the cause.
- Turned Witch has no broom in inventory (AvisCantrix)
- Iced Sims pop out of the ice shell (bunbunnyny)
- Witch can't use magic by hand properly (staronfire22)
- Werewolves randomly freeze while moving (BernardD)
- Werewolf clothing/shape randomly changes (The_Wolfman_Jake, Darkling, gray_mouse)
--> Using Dresser and Mirror make werewolves change their appearance.
- Werewolf loose their sparkly eyes on restarting the game (Darkling, Darkling, crinrict)
- Werewolves change during the day and not on full moon itself (Iloveferrets11)
- Voices of female werewolves become very low (Bonabopn)
- Fairies can't play tricks (welshierox)
--> Does using the dresser loose them their ability (enkeli63)
--> Resetting the Sim on MC fixes the issue.
- Fairy child sim super stretched when talking to a tree (HayHay74)
- Fairy can't be saved to the bin (carla70)
--> Connected to head fairy LTR ?
- Fairy gets stuck in fairy house (Kestris)
- Casting of inner beauty makes all Sims in the household not being able to be mean whether they are affected by the spell or not (EatChees)
- Bonehilda is obsessed with children & pets (AvisCantrix, KuniaShazune, crzykiller_, salivacocktail, geminiagre)
- Bonehilda likes to disappear
--> Click on the coffin and choose Dismiss Bonehilda. This gets her back in there you can then get her to start working again.
- Bonehilda does not do the laundry (salivacocktail)
- Bonehilda gets a new outfit added to her wardrobe each day (BionixWV)
--> Fixed in Overwatch 73 and above
- Bonehilda stops working after a while (Mandie997)
- Bonehilda can't exit the fenced lot (Joolster)
- Collection Journal has plants/fish missing (mona1996, ewilson1114)
--> Plants missing: Happens to exiting Sims that already have a collection skill (see gardening problems above)
--> Fish missing: Issue with Overwatch
--> Both are fixed in Overwatch V69 and above
- Moon is not showing up (bunbunnyny)
--> It's sometimes high up and can only be seen by using the tab key (SpiderCrowWolf)
Gardening & Cooking
- Mushrooms show up randomly like collectible stuff. They don't appear in the Sims inventory (Nanajin, Neonivek, userkitty1969)
--> Moving family out and back in via edit town makes the mushrooms appear.
- "Sweeten It Up!" interaction causes jumping (Zeekslider)
- Issues with spoiled food (GabbyGirlJ, GabbyGirlJ, Meganne79)
--> Only happens to pre-existing food. Clean out any food you had before the patch.
--> Also happens on new games (AnguaUK)
--> Moon Cycle resetting influence on the food (Kikionparas) ?
--> Connection to Restoration Ritual (chopin27)
- Plants die instead of going to harvest (sylergcs)
- Omni plant does not give fairy damsel or luminous salamander (LionessInMN)
- Plants start wilting as soon as sprinklers are turned off (gonz10)
- Bloom lowers plant quality (Skyte100)
- Quality of the plants don't change or change randomly (Skyte100)
- No mushrooms growing around town (Emairelhd)
- Plants having a full grown state on the second day called mycelium (Patch only)
--> Cause for the mycelium state identified by velocitygrass. It's not game breaking since the plant goes back to normal after the initial state.
- Plants don't grow anymore. Stuck at a certain state (janvel831, RDorothyO, gonz10)
--> Omni Plant seizes to grow if it's feed the new fish (Stormfeather)
--> Money trees conflict with the gatherer trait
- Honey and beewax quality reverts to normal on moving (saieden)
- SN plants can't be planted (SimsFreak2005)
- Sims can't learn supernatural traits of other Sims (Combaticon)
Hobbies, Skills and collecting
- Jumping Issue with writing (Charicharn)
--> Horror and Poetry need SN and don't work with Patch only despite being there (velocitygrass)
- Gem in pictures have different sizes (HazzaPlumbob, SabreMel)
- Collection helper quit showing where things are when zooming out to map view (bored_1)
- Opportunities get not registered as completed (janvel831)
- Can't complete any opportunities at the school in Moonlight Falls (Spiderzzzzz)
- When Dreams Come True opportunity can't be completed (Stormfeather, gonz10)
- Opportunity at the school for after-school activity ceremony can't be completed (ecoju, mslele33, Enchant7676, Mandie997, TemptressUK)
--> Replace the double rabbithole and build single ones (goes for all opportunities that can't be completed).
- Unflirty Sims have random relationships (cadaverc)
- Sims hate each other without a reason (catloverplayer, 3DJ4)
--> Existing cheating issue (Stormfeather) ?
- Autonomous love spell casting ruins relationships (shadowmel333)
- Sims that fell in love through means of a spell don't know each other after spell wears off (SpiderCrowWolf)
- Married Sims are not married anymore after the love spell (45rpm)
- level 10 in the mystic branch gives blue aura that ruins relationships (revgrv)
- Sims don't get pregnant (Motherboard, and others throughout the thread)
- Try for Baby option does not appear (Spunkeh-87)
--> If your Sim has the moodlet from the mood lamp, he can't try for baby (EiraRose)
--> Mood Lamp – A source for Issues
- Missing notifications for common, uncommon, or rare seed (foreverbmw)
- Pop up about random sim without active Sim doing anything (Nanajin)
--> Might have to do Sims autonomously using the magic mirror (Snapdragon)
- Selling items through inventory makes them re-appear on the ground (DCExplorer, Snapdragon, CupcakeCorner, cadaverc, simsolated)
--> Only happens if you sell in paused mode. Item disappears if you unpause --> Confirmation ?
--> Also happens on unpaused games (casualangst)
--> Inventory stuff also multiplies
- Sims get a burned moodlet and the burned skin/ hair look when they weren't burned (bobbleheadsmommy)
- Magically enhanced sprinkler does not auto sprinkler (Sim2Blade)
--> Turn on, let run for a while, turn off, then it should work (ewilson1114)
- Insurance pays way to much money for damage done by fire blast (thesims3boy)
- Everyone gets crying baby moodlet when the baby cries even if the baby is two floor away (3DJ4)
- Teens do homework within seconds (gonz10)
- Two Burglars showing up at the same time (bunbunnyny)
- Clicking on the mailbox while offline freezes the game (catloverplayer)
- Skin randomly changing to the point where it crashes the game (AstraAlvina)
- Careers that have work hours at night have going to work instead of working listed (Stormfeather, Snapdragon)
- Random bus notices for no-longer ensorcelled child (HaywireHakaze)
- Doors need re-locking when a new member is added (Mandie997)
- Birthday cake not clickable (newrichardson)
- One mystery gnome spawns multiple dead ones (GrandmaSnoodle, crinrict)
- Sims that have written Horror Books can't order their books online (luckyheather)
- Butlers only cook when instructed to do so and are obsessed with books (casualangst, casualangst)
- Sims don't perform their instruments (ec1ipsse)
- Visitors are labeled as Paparazzi (AvisCantrix)
- VIP Velvet Barrier does not have proper labels for other occult sims (Baaleos)
- Toad Stool bar throws you out at 1 am although being open till 3 am (FadedRose)
- Animals have fairy wings (Gabbryrose, Mandie997, Crinrict)
- Can't befriend birds anymore (existing issue) (mausigirl)
--> Remove any special seeds from your inventory
- Dogs stretch with the hidden door (Akila906)
- Metals created with the magic cauldron can't be smelted/cut and leads to jumping (chevronfox)
--> Happens to ever metal if the first metal of that kind wasn't collected the usual way.
- Spell book causes jumping (Delvianseek)
- Pea Shooter: Can attack anyone. Feature ? (Rubysim, ems0309, SeriphinaFyie, masamune73, geminiagre)
--> Minigame ? (Snapdragon)
- Pea Shooter won't attack celebrities (Rubysim)
- Winning on slot machine gives negative moodlet (daystar07)
- Tree of Prosperity takes a lot longer (Joolster)
--> On purpose ?
Unclear if bugs
- Where are the new vampire moodlets and interactions ? (samsonkflai)
- Should we get an option to customize supernaturals when they were turned ? (Ludov)
- Why are there no space rocks and animals in the collection journal ? (CMWarren)
- Werewolves need longer to fill their energy while sleeping (Nirar22, gray_mouse)
--> Seems on purpose. They don't gain the same energy amount in werewolf form.
- Alchemy Career not progressing (yoshi_dragur2012)
--> Only advances through consigning ?
- Progressing in careers takes a long time (geminiagre)
--> On purpose ?
- Opportunity to bring insects to science center did not get fulfilled (mausigirl)
--> It's an opportunity that consists of several steps
- Dog is having a bad hygiene icon and bad odor when is destruction need is low (thevampyresade)
--> Hygiene motive is not visible, nevertheless do they need a bath from time to time.
- Unable to complete the Mystic Healer lifetime wish. Count doesn't get bigger (DCExplorer)
--> Only SN creatures count Use reset everything on MasterController
- Two set of fangs in CAS (DOLLDRMS1)
--> One is for werewolves, the other for vampires. Does using the dresser loose them their ability (enkeli63)
- Fairy child sim super stretched when talking to a tree (HayHay74)
- Fairy can't be saved to the bin (carla70)
-- Potential lag issues
- Fertility potion does not work properly (staronfire22, FrusturatedUser)
- Potion throwing gets stuck (Joolster)
- Vial of enlightenment affects relationships (Creamycheese)
- Bonehilda is obsessed with children
This message was edited 94 times. Last update was at 11/06/12 08:02 PM
- Weird categorization and missing items (Jess1281)
- Half Walls don't show in the game (and crash it) (Kaitieee_mac)
- MaxiGlass French doors have a gap (Arty)
- Prizes for building have gone up in Lucky Palms - Architect issue ? (luckyheather)
- Lot type list does not list all lot types (no scrollbar ?) (blueeaglesgirl)
- The alchemy table adds to spawner to the lot when Sims research alchemy (not a bug, just not well thought through)
- Animation for eating too spicy food is off for bar stools (Arty)
Make sure you update your sound drivers and delete the Cache files
- Muffled sound (bunbunnyny)
- Sound effects from traveling with Llama get stuck (Arty)
This message was edited 33 times. Last update was at 09/23/12 09:58 PM
Sim/Neighborhood Corruption Sim Corruption comes in all kinds of flavors and has been going on for a while. Sims get stuck (on objects, on beds, on each other), jump out of interactions, turn invisible and as a ultimate corruption you loose your UI. There's a loooong thread on the issue in the technical forum: Lags & Invisible, Frozen & Stuck Sims. I can't help out over there right now but there are lots of people with long time experience with the issue. You also find some info on it linked in the first post.
What can you do when it happens to you ? First thing you can try (if you are not opposed to mods that is) is try if Twallan's ErrorTrap or Overwatch can save anything. It's important that you are patch level 1.26 to use ErrorTrap. You might find ScriptErrors after that in your documents folder. Post them in Twallan's forum. He can help you out. NOT here, I can't really read most of them.
That didn't work If you are attached to your family/town, I would suggest, moving everything to a new town. Unfortunatly with the EA approach you loose all your relationships this way (you won't loose any skills this way). You could also use the Twallan's Porter to achieve the same AND keep your relationships.
Na, still nothing Then I would suggest, resetting your user data and start a brand new game. I can be hard, I know but sometimes it's the only way to still enjoy the game.
The corruption might come back after a while so I do recommend using Overwatch to prevent most of the causes of this corruption.
If really nothing helps at all, you might need to reinstall your game, clean your registry and defrag your computer.
- Issues with Lifetime Wishes --> Outdated memory mods. After loosing a LTW because of a Mod, you need to reapply in CAS
- Issues with Lifetime Rewards
- Issues with Jumping out of Actions
- Issues with missing skills
- Issues with missing Interactions
- Missing effects (namely fairy wings) --> NoMosaic, NoEffects - Zoom going crazy --> Scan for spirits increased - Elixir store is never open --> NoPaparazzi - Missing books --> Any book mods as well as new custom books such as the Harry Potter book (that's a mod too)
- Alchemy table and beehive jumping --> Mods that deal with ingredients.
This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at 10/29/12 04:37 PM
Joined: 06/14/09 08:41 AM
MiloBean wrote:Is bumping a thread against the rules here?
Nope, not unless it's the same person doing it repeatedly.
Here's another bump. Crinrict's threads are very helpful, and more people need to use her advice on how to properly prepare their game for the new EP. Not doing so is one of the main causes of bugs and other problems.
This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/31/12 04:03 PM