Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Patch bug? Can your sims write poetry?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Cinderellimouse

I installed the new patch today and when I loaded up my main family I found my sim had the option to write a poetry novel! I've never had this option before and I'm not sure if it's because she's just leveled up to level 9 in the writing career or if it came with the patch. A google search didn't find any answers. Is it new? I like it!

The only problem is that my sim sits down at the computer and 'jumps' away again. She doesn't have any trouble writing anything else, just poetry, and I've tried using different computers. It must be a bug... boo hiss!

Where did the poetry option come from? Os it part of the patch so I can make a moody Byronesque vampire? Does anyone know?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/01/12 07:05 AM

Cinderellimouse

Just checked the new acheivement list and found:

Waxing Poetic (Bronze) *Requires The Sims 3 Supernatural

Description: Write a Poetry Novel

So I guess poetry came with the patch for supernatural. But my sim can't write it because she magically jumps away from the computer!

I love that I can write poetry, !!!Thanks for including it EA... pleaes fix this bug!!!

Has anyone else been able to write poetry yet?

Phoenixx13

I'm not 100% sure, but it sounds to me like poetry writing is available when you get the Supernatural game... not just the patch. The wording is a little sketchy though.

Cinderellimouse

It already gives me the option to write poetry, then won't let me do it! Maybe installing SN will fix it. I can't wait for the game, my partner is buying it as an early birthday prezzi. I just have to save up for Sunlit Tides now... no coffee shop for me.

NivieneWoolley

I have the same problem. It wouldn't let me write anything at first, but then I reset the sim and now it won't let me write poetry. I guess I better get supernatural asap... LOL
lyncprice

This bug stinks of an attempt to get more people to buy an unpopular expansion pack. I am not interested in having anymore monsters or fairies roaming my town and will not be buying the expansion pack. If they don't get the bug fixed, I'll just stop playing and I won't be investing in any future Sims expansions or versions on principle. All you people that are going to buy the expansion just to fix a bu
g should be ashamed.
stilljustme2

Do you have any writing mods, either to increase number of royalties or to increase the amount paid? It sounds like a mod incompatibility; I had a similar problem with a mod after Showtime that was affecting my ability to read recipe books.

I haven't tried to do a poetry book yet; neither of my active families have an author Sim yet (which is unusual, but for my main family I went with sculptor instead, and my other family is a single Sim in the Science career).

stilljustme2

lyncprice wrote:This bug stinks of an attempt to get more people to buy an unpopular expansion pack. I am not interested in having anymore monsters or fairies roaming my town and will not be buying the expansion pack. If they don't get the bug fixed, I'll just stop playing and I won't be investing in any future Sims expansions or versions on principle. All you people that are going to buy the expansion just to fix a bu
g should be ashamed.

I'm actually enjoying Supernatural a lot more than I thought; haven't had any of the zombie issues that have been reported, and like the new creatures. My main couple is a witch/werewolf marriage, which is a great combination because the werewolf can go out and hunt for elixir ingredients for the witch to brew up. (They also make a lot of money just by cutting and selling gems; I've got over a million Simoleons and haven't had to use motherlode or kaching cheats once.)

chocolatefox72

lyncprice wrote:This bug stinks of an attempt to get more people to buy an unpopular expansion pack. I am not interested in having anymore monsters or fairies roaming my town and will not be buying the expansion pack. If they don't get the bug fixed, I'll just stop playing and I won't be investing in any future Sims expansions or versions on principle. All you people that are going to buy the expansion just to fix a bu
g should be ashamed.
I agree, if that's the case why have the option to write poetry or horror in the first place, it kept happening to my sim as well and i thought it was a glitch. or that mt game needed to be patched...what a huge let down!
brunettesimgirl

It's been happening with my sim as well, only it happens with any kind of writing. Before the SN Patch came out, she was in the middle of writing a novel, and now after the patch, I get an error script and she is reset to the entrance of the lot. I've replaced the computer she uses, reset the sim, moved her in-moved her out, had her and her family move to a new house....nothing seems to work. And I do not have a writing mod. You're not alone with this issue...there was a thread floating around last night about an exact issue only with writing horror stories.

LEK2129

The same thing happens with my game. They start to write but leap up away from the computer. I wanted the badge too, though I do lots of things on the Sims whilst logged in but I don't get the badges, like I should of got the ghost baby badge, the awesome party badge, the scullion sim washes 5 dishes,etc. So I probably wouldn't get it even if I could do it.

I'll add that I only have the main Sims 3 and the Pets expansion packs.
sciamannata

I have the same "jumping" bug with all kinds of writing (including reports and articles), AND I have Supernatural installed (already installed at the time the bug happened). So it doesn't seem to be due to not having Supernatural.

...I hope it is resolved soon...
KoinuRyoki

I don't have a problem with my sim writing poetry. I done every writing novel, and my sims never jumped off the computer.
Rabid47

You need Supernatural to be able to use the Poetry / Horror options.

The update patch did'nt provide the ability to use these options with EPs before Supernatural, just the options. This is a known blooper, courtesy of EA.

Hope this helps

R47

(eg : if u got Showtime, Generations, Pets, Abmitions, etc., the options will show, you just won't be able to use them.)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 11/08/12 06:15 AM

badgyrl_310

I have the same problem with poetry and horror novels. My sims can write everything else. Guess it's cause I don't have Supernatural yet, which I'm still not sure if I want to get. I may get it after Seasons, which I'll definitely get. Hopefully that will solve the problem.

Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: