Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Store purchase won't download  XML
Forum Index » Store General Discussion (EN)
mrstank30

I know know what the deal is but I've purchased 4 or 5 items at the store that simply won't download. I've tried several times and nothing happens. I've had 3 items that I had purchased in the past and those all worked. Seems like there is a disconnect but if I paid for the items, I'd like to have them.

Diane1955

Ever since I downloaded the patch I can't download anything from the store or the exchange.

Wish they would fix this or someone could tell me how to fix it.
maria_loves_alex

I cant download from the store either! I just downloaded the patch too
I cant even upload! the green bar goes up then down again!

SimmieK

hmm weird... Try contacting tech support.

mrscrzy

I have all 4 sets, plus clothes and hair I have paid for.. seems the last patch.. I could not see my new set I downloaded. So I reloaded my game, I had to update to download again.. Now I don't see anything just what came with the game, I have spent over 80 dollors in downloads and can't see a one of them.. I don't feel very happy about my game at the moment.
Mirai

Once again, I haven't been able to download store items. It acts like it downloads, but the file doesn't reach my computer, and I can't install it.

It seems that if I've started Sims 3, something stays in memory and blocks the transfer. Once I reboot my computer, everything is fine. I bring up my web browser, go to the store, click on the option to download the item again, it brings up my Sims 3 launcher automatically, and downloads fine. So now I have things installed properly.

So my suggestion is to reboot and try again.

Merrien

On your profile on the website, it has a place called "download history" and if you've downloaded it before, you can download it again, so you should be able to get your purchased items back after reinstalling.

For the downloading problems, I noticed that the firewall had a big impact on downloading . . . you might try turning off the firewall to see if it helps.

Good luck!

By merrien at 2009-07-07
xMooSpicex

My store purchase wouldn't download
but then somehow i got them too
but nooow...they won't install

why is that??
SelahFreeAtLast

I followed the instruction for downloading but the stuff didn't actually reach the game. I discovered it was because I had the game disk in the drive.
I leave the disk out and follow the instruction and everything downloads with no problem. Of course after it downloads I have to click install.
Then when I fire up the game it's all there.

AKA Dee
SelahFreeAtLast

Merrien wrote:On your profile on the website, it has a place called "download history" and if you've downloaded it before, you can download it again, so you should be able to get your purchased items back after reinstalling.

For the downloading problems, I noticed that the firewall had a big impact on downloading . . . you might try turning off the firewall to see if it helps.

Good luck!

Mine always has a couple of pop-ups warning me and I have to click allow before my security will allow the downloads. I agree that the firewalls may be causing a problem.

AKA Dee
MISSANGIEKAY

mrstank30 wrote:I know know what the deal is but I've purchased 4 or 5 items at the store that simply won't download. I've tried several times and nothing happens. I've had 3 items that I had purchased in the past and those all worked. Seems like there is a disconnect but if I paid for the items, I'd like to have them.

I had that problem too and had to contact support,they gave me a number of things to try but what finally worked was that I had to download mozilla firefox and it did work then. the only problem that i have is that now that i have them downloaded and installed , i cannot find them in the game so there is another step that i am missing.
duckfeet3

same thing happened to me. i have firefox, firewall is off, i already rebooted my computer, nothing wrong with internet connection. i'm signed in on both the website and the game launcher. i can download from the store but not the exchange. it starting to get on my nerves.
coolboy

I Went into the store and went on "purchase history" then clicked download again there and it downloaded.
EmmaHazley

It's not working for me either, hopefully something can be sorted out

CDRuss0

I've had a similar problem. I download 2 hairstyles and 2 outfits from the Sims 3 Store, they show up in the launcher under Downloads, I install them and get the little "Done!" message, click "Okay", see that they are definitely in my "Installed Content" tab of the Launcher, but when I start the game and go to CAS, they aren't there!

What gives, EA?

Forum Index » Store General Discussion (EN)
Go to: