Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Air Conditioning Unit?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Supernatural
Lindsaylou04

I just moved my family into Moonlit Falls and I noticed that every house that I have so fair looked into purchasing comes with an attached Air conditioning Unit. Since Seasons is on the way, I got super excited about this. Imagine the moodlets it could create on a hot summer day! However, when I click on the option in buy mode it lists it as $1, which makes me think that it's just a prop. I haven't checked to see if there are any options for sims interactions with it cuz I haven't picked a house yet. So I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about it?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/04/12 06:54 PM

plopppo

Maybe just a decor item for now, that will magically become something more when Seasons arrives.

I can see them doing that. It's not like it would be hard to implement - it's just like a fireplace giving moodlets. Fireplaces can cause fires - aircon units can malfunction and provide too much heat/not enough heat, etc.
Bunny_of_Death66

I haven't been able to do anything with it, couldn't find it in B/B but it is avaliable in buydebug so looks like it's just a prop
Lindsaylou04

If it were only on one house, I would assume that it was probably just a prop. But it has been on every single house so far. So maybe plopppo is right and they'll update it later.
crimrose

I'm thinking that it will have some purpose in Seasons, because there seems to be no point in adding it otherwise.

Lindsaylou04

I also wanted to add that I just noticed there are drainage pipes in the game now. Ya know the kind attached to your house for when it rains. I have no idea when they were added because they don't have any EP symbol attached to them. There are around eight of them, all of varying sizes. They do cost money and they can be found in decor.
Lindsaylou04

I just checked and sure enough there was already one placed on my house. In case you're wondering, this is the Victorian house in Moonlit Falls. The pipe extends up the full three floors and disappears into the roof.
emiie10

The drain pipes came with the new update

Taylacfc

i think it might be prop like the pipe going up the wall definetly using those when i get supernatural

go taylor swift
Lindsaylou04

I kinda figured that they might have snuck them in there with the update. I'm pretty confidant that the pipes might have some functionality when we actually have rain. I can easily see water pooling at its base. I am hoping that the AC units have a purpose too, otherwise I just don't get why they're on every house.
briiaan2011

I cant even find the AC unit in the buy mode, where is it loctated?
Gabbryrose

briiaan2011 wrote:I cant even find the AC unit in the buy mode, where is it loctated?

I believe it is actually in the buydebug menu and not in the regular buy catalog.
Mylita

I think they are for now, just a standard part of a mobile home. Which is where they seem to be for the most part, on cheap housing. Anyone seen them on expensive housing? I custom build all my sims houses with all the bells and whistles, but I didn't think to add an air conditioning unit.

Mylita
Thetford

Lindsaylou04 wrote:I kinda figured that they might have snuck them in there with the update. I'm pretty confidant that the pipes might have some functionality when we actually have rain. I can easily see water pooling at its base. I am hoping that the AC units have a purpose too, otherwise I just don't get why they're on every house.

It could just be purely aesthetic like the hidden frieze tool that was introduced in Ambitions.
chitbill

Lindsaylou04 wrote:I also wanted to add that I just noticed there are drainage pipes in the game now. Ya know the kind attached to your house for when it rains. I have no idea when they were added because they don't have any EP symbol attached to them. There are around eight of them, all of varying sizes. They do cost money and they can be found in decor.

There's also an electrical switch box on the outside wall of the elixir shop. But I could not tell you how to place one or where it is in the catalog.
If you try to move it, it will not (legally) move back, because it needs to be against a wall, and it appears to be next to the foundation.
And if you buydebug on and clone it, the catalog goes to the general section but it does not show up.
Saying "EA cheats" is one of my nightly mantras, but anyway, I thought you might want to know about the item.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/14/12 08:55 PM

Post Reply Forum Index » Supernatural
Go to: