Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Kids not able to attend Badging Ceremony or Ballet Recital  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Romi

Is anyone else having this problem? I think it happened after the last update. I thought it was just my game so I reinstalled everything and started fresh but I still had the same problem. The opportunity shows up but there is never an option to go and eventually the time passes and they miss it.
NurseCindy32

Same here, haven't figured out the workaround yet either
JayJay2345

This is really annoying... Is it going to be the same with prom? And graduation? :/ I want my sim to go to her recital D;
Romi

I also noticed that they do not gain any experience from doing the after school activities.
crystal566

I'm having the same issue. There is a star on the school but no option to attend the ceremony.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
newfoundjoye

I'm also having this same issue, and I updated to the latest patch prior to this happening. It would be nice for a solution to be found to this as I wanted my sims to attend their badge ceremonies.
BlueMarril

I'm having this problem as well, it came to a child sim's badging ceremony in a family I'm playing as.

And I couldn't get her to attend it, the star icon appeared above the school, but when I clicked on it; there was no option to attend the ceremony, only 'Go to school' and 'Quit Afterschool activity'

The opportunity tab for it never highlighted either, so I couldn't click on that to make her attend it either.
LillithsMommy

I'm having the same problems. No skill gain and can't attend ceremonies/recitals. I have been able to attend prom and graduation though. I haven't patched to 1.39, I'm at 1.38.
MickiRae

EA, got an answer for this yet? I'm having this problem too.
BlueMarril

I've done a little bit of testing between the Moonlight Falls style of school and the base game type of school.

The base game-type school lets the kids attend the badging ceremony and recital, you can just click on the school building itself and select the hi-lighted option of the opportunity.

But on school building types that are combined with another rabbit hole, like the stadium or something, that's when they can't attend those things.
When you click on that particular model of building, it will only come up with the School and Stadium tags and of course if you click on the school tag, it won't have the option to attend the ceremony or recital.
The only thing that shows up is " Go to School" which of course is greyed out by then.
Or "Quit Afterschool Activity"

So it seems to be some kind of problem with the dual-rabbit hole school model.
happysharlee

I also had this problem, in the Moonlight Falls combined school building. I can't think of any workaround, which is sad because my sim is at level 3 and i want him to get a cool trophy. Maybe i'll have to replace the building with a regular school and see if it works then...
beckin

i'm having this problem too in appaloosa plains not sure about the other neighbourhoods
ivmonkey

I am also having this problem . I am happy to see it isn't just mine .. I will have to put another school in and see if that works . fingers crossed
erihar

I'm having the same issue! It's annoying! When is a patch coming? It is clearly a game issue.
Crazymanatuca21

So, if you replace the school with a non-rabbit hole, does that fix the issue?

Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: