Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Can't use magic wand?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Supernatural
Normphobic

I just got Supernatural and installed the game. I made a witch and one of his wishes are to play with magic. However, all I can do with his magic wand are place it and put it back in inventory! I feel stupid asking, but what am I supposed to do with the wand? How do I use it to perform spells??
He is studying alchemy, but so far is only at skill level 1. I got the alchemy station, but all I can do with it is research alchemy. How do I create elixirs or spells? Do I need to have a higher skill level, or am I missing special ingredients? I've tried searching the web for help with magic, but all the guides make it sound so easy! Since I am unable to use my wand, I'm stuck! Help please…
xocaptiveox

Normphobic wrote:I just got Supernatural and installed the game. I made a witch and one of his wishes are to play with magic. However, all I can do with his magic wand are place it and put it back in inventory! I feel stupid asking, but what am I supposed to do with the wand? How do I use it to perform spells??
He is studying alchemy, but so far is only at skill level 1. I got the alchemy station, but all I can do with it is research alchemy. How do I create elixirs or spells? Do I need to have a higher skill level, or am I missing special ingredients? I've tried searching the web for help with magic, but all the guides make it sound so easy! Since I am unable to use my wand, I'm stuck! Help please…

By clicking on him or on objects you can perform magic spells and charms

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/09/12 09:58 PM

Geofy

Try making the wand his 'preferred wand'

Edit: I misunderstood. Do what the the above person said.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/09/12 09:59 PM

Cookietown

If you click on the witch you get the usual options, change outfit visit wherever and there is a play with magic option there along with a conjour apple option. Hope this helps
NFSGalaxy

Cookietown wrote:If you click on the witch you get the usual options, change outfit visit wherever and there is a play with magic option there along with a conjour apple option. Hope this helps

I investigated this and it is a bug. Made preferred wand, clicked on wand and 2 options... place and MPW. Clicked on Sim and the item, still the normal options(excluding the NRass option).
Skyakella

I'm having the same problem. I actually tried to change my sim into a witch via CAS. I got to CAS via Twallan's Master Controller. They can conjure apples, but thats it. They can't use a wand, have a spellcasting duel, and there is no magic meter. I want to turn my two girl sims into witches and doing it through CAS via Master Controller doesn't seem to be working. I've been combing the threads seeing if this is a possiblity to do it this way. It's strange.

So, you said you found it and its saying it's a bug?
spikepa

i see you mentioned nrass

remove master controller cheats not base, then become a witch, and after a bit you can put the controller cheats back and everything will be ok.
I had the same problem, until i removed the cheats mod not the base mod which seems to not be causing a bug.then you should see the play with magic option when you click on your sim

I also had to remove master controller career and assination i could not use the witch properly until i did

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/09/12 11:27 PM

Skyakella

spikepa wrote:i see you mentioned nrass

remove master controller cheats not base, then become a witch, and after a bit you can put the controller cheats back and everything will be ok.
I had the same problem, until i removed the cheats mod not the base mod which seems to not be causing a bug.then you should see the play with magic option when you click on your sim

I also had to remove master controller career and assination i could not use the witch properly until i did

Cool, I'll do that. Thank you very very much!
CuddlyBun

Skyakella wrote:I'm having the same problem. I actually tried to change my sim into a witch via CAS. I got to CAS via Twallan's Master Controller. They can conjure apples, but thats it. They can't use a wand, have a spellcasting duel, and there is no magic meter. I want to turn my two girl sims into witches and doing it through CAS via Master Controller doesn't seem to be working. I've been combing the threads seeing if this is a possiblity to do it this way. It's strange.

So, you said you found it and its saying it's a bug?

Try NRaas > Master Controller > Intermediate > Occult > Witch.

That should directly make them into a witch without the need for a workaround.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/10/12 02:21 AM

psimgamer96

Sims have to have a high enough alchemy skill. Im getting my sim to read alchemy basics vol 1 which you get from the elixir store. You have to fill your sim's invemtory with ingredients to use the alchemy station to make elixirs. You can buy ingredients from the elixir store and have your sim go all over town finding ingredients like plants, gems and insects. The fastest way is to use the cheat code and shift click on the ground next to a gem, plant or insect to teleport your sim. You can teleport your sim anywhere.
Mylita

For those using Twallan's mods, be sure to check his website frequently. He has updated them, some more than once in a single day.

Mylita
11Marrielle

I don't use any mods and I still have the problem!
(I once had mods but they're too annoying with all the bugs and the patching system.)
I wanted to turn my sim into a witch via CAS but it doesn't work. My sim doesn't have a magic meter and can't use the magic wand or anything like that.
GREENEYA

11Marrielle wrote:I don't use any mods and I still have the problem!
(I once had mods but they're too annoying with all the bugs and the patching system.)
I wanted to turn my sim into a witch via CAS but it doesn't work. My sim doesn't have a magic meter and can't use the magic wand or anything like that.

Only witches can use magic wands.

And witches and normal sims are two different species in the game.

Normal sim can become witch in the game only via elixir. It is not a glitch.
11Marrielle

I know, and I meant my sim simply couldn't turn into a witch and that's why it didn't work with the magic wand. I'll try to turn the sim into a witch first. Still disappointing that it doesn't work using CAS and just editing the person. It does work for other species. :s
GREENEYA

11Marrielle wrote:I know, and I meant my sim simply couldn't turn into a witch and that's why it didn't work with the magic wand. I'll try to turn the sim into a witch first. Still disappointing that it doesn't work using CAS and just editing the person. It does work for other species. :s

You can make elixir for that with alchemy station.

Or you can buy that elixir at ''Elixir shop''.

Post Reply Forum Index » Supernatural
Go to: