Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Miserable Sims After 1.18 Patch? - Post Here  XML
Forum Index » Late Night
Miss_amelia_jane

I only just came back to playing sim 3 when late nights went on sale. I was happy to play until this bugg started.I dont think i will play this game until they fix this. it just isnt fun, in fact it makes me wish I hadnt paid for late nights................
1. all sims are moody
2. na- new install
3. I have a few mods but the game bugs with or without them
4. Laptop PC
Haeloth

1. Only one...but then I'm only playing one Sim. I started having this problem when I began a new game with a new sim. I had played an older sim after the patch, and didn't notice any issues (thats not saying it wasn't there though).

2. Right now I'm playing Bridgeport

3. No Mods or CC installed

4. PC

Not much info to add, I know, but at least you know it's happening on one more system...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/06/10 06:38 PM

crinrict

OK. Some thing people can try:

1. Get a different bed (preferably a better one) for your sim and see if the issue persists
2. Remove ALL moodlets one by one from your Sim and see if it gets better (you can remove them by typing testingcheatsenabled true in the cheat console and then shift-click on the moodlet).

If 2 helps you, please post the moodlet that had a negative effect on your Sim

Also answer the following questions (need to find the common factor in this):

1) What addons do you have ?
2) If it's not all sims, post your sims Career, Skill and traits.
3) If you restart your game, how long does it take until the issue is back ?
4) Did you do anything special when it happend ? Sleeping, Traveling, Reloading the game
5) What bed was your Sim using ?

More as we go along. Thanks everyone for the help on this.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 12/06/10 06:49 PM

MrP0909

Yup, I had this problem. It affects all of my sims (who are all young adults) and I have it on Mac.

Also, the problem seems to disappear each time I start playing again but gradually comes back in.
Devynsims00

4) Did you do anything special when it happend ? Sleeping, Traveling, Reloading the game

1 - None. I refuse to use them
2 - Just started a new town/new game/new sim
3 - Everything New, within 10minutes of playtime
4 - Bladder was down to half / energy down to half
5 - sleep/bed should not had been an issue since I was only at half my energy

* The ONLY way I've been able to play without this affecting my Sim at all is by playing with my CheatsOn - set to Static (which sucks)
CAgirlnKS

Just did a clean install and manual incremental patches to see if this stopped, it didn't.

1. Does this happen to all Sims or just some?

So far all sims before and after reinstall.

2. What 'hood? Also, were you in a hood you had been playing prior to the patch?

Twinbrook, Riverview, & Bridgeport (havent' tried Sunset Valley yet)

3. Any mods/cc? If so, please make a brief list.

No third-party mods/cc -- just items from the Sims 3 Store.

4. Mac or PC?

PC

All EPs/SPs

2) If it's not all sims, post your sims' Career, Skill and traits.

n/a

1 to 3 sim days.

4) Did you do anything special when it happened ? Sleeping, Traveling, Reloading the game.

No. Just happened at random times.

Cheap iron double bed and 3rd from bottom double bed.

I did note that if I worked on getting the fun meter maxed out at night it tended to disappear but by the time the sim left for work, it was in the orange/red again. Also, exiting and reloading the game will reset the moods for a time before happening again.
CAgirlnKS

Sorry! Deleted stupid double post

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/07/10 06:09 PM

sereia8

I just wanted to post and say... I am SO glad I did not update to this latest patch. I wanted to see your reviews first and it seems like 90% trouble with only 10% satisfaction.

EA, do you hire braindead people with no skills to program your games now? I have no experience and could program your games for you if your standards are so low.

****hope I don't get banned for that... *hides*
Dhouse2

1. Get a different bed
2. Remove ALL moodlets one by one from your Sim and see if it gets better

I tried both suggestions -- the cheap and mid-level beds are both bad, horrible moods that got worse as days added up until it was nearly impossible to get the Sim to do anything ... my Sim is self-employed as an Inventor so I have some leeway on what to do each day -- I can't imagine trying to work around having a "9 to 5" job or having a baby or toddler to care for.

One of the most expensive beds was a little better but the moods were still consistently lower than before the patch and I had to work very hard to keep the overall mood above 50% ... one single negative moodlet (of any kind) or certain bars going lower than 50% (esp. hunger & fun) caused a huge drop and it did seem to get worse each day. Playing computer games or using the hot tub gave a nice boost, but did not last more than half a day.

Using cheats to drop negatives hiked the mood up a little, but many times the moodlet would reappear and had to be removed again. Taking off the "well-rested" moodlet caused an immediate sharp drop, same thing happens if you let that moodlet expire on it's own.

Also answer the following questions (need to find the common factor in this):

If you mean game packs, I have all EPs and the Hi-End Loft SP.
If you mean major mods./hacks like Super Computer, I don't have any of those, just minor hacks like No Mosaic, Extra Slots, No Choking

I don't know if it is all, I have only played the one -- she is Self-Employed (inventor)
Has topped out skills in sculpting, painting, inventing, gardening -- level 7 in handiness, 4 in cooking, 2 in logic, 1 in music
Traits: Computer Whiz. Flirty, Savvy Sculptor, Hates Outdoors, Virtuoso

~ 2 or 3 Sim days - 4 at the most.

4) Did you do anything special when it happened ? Sleeping, Traveling, Reloading the game
Nope, just starts up randomly ...

I have had the cheap BRASS double bed, the Bedscalibur double bed and the Majestic Medieval double bed.

Thanks muchly for trying to help, crinrict !

--------

ETA

I just did a test -- still have the expensive bed -- using cheats, I maxed out ALL bars to full -- 5 positive moodlets (adding +105 cummulative) & no negative moodlets -- my main mood bar was barely above 60% (borderline Happy) -- that just ain't right...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/07/10 01:02 AM

circe146

I had the same issue. It was extremely frustrating. I moved her into a new house and that seemed to help. However, it feels like the needs deteriorate more quickly now. Also, my sims' moods are generally completely green. Now, while it doesn't plummet anymore, it's very difficult to keep it completely green. It's always just a bad moodlet away from yellow.

I'm on a PC with all EPs & Highend Loft. She's a Dirctor, but I don't remember her skill levels.
oceaniablue123

I've also had this problem, as well. It's happened to multiple familes in multiple neighborhoods. It seemed like a gradual process; the first was fine but by a week sim-time, if they had say the "having a blast" moodlet and nothing else it would be in the orange.
AKlinker

Yeah, the bed thing doesn't work sadly. I got so excited but then I remembered that my Sim had a great bed and was still in a funky mood. Sigh. She wasn't employed by the way...she explored tombs and moonlighted as a mixologist. I had to delete her, thinking that would fix the problem, it didn't. She was adventurous, brave, friendly, a bookworm, and disciplined. I miss her (weird to say but true). Tried it with another new family, in a completely different neighborhood and the same thing happened. It's so frustrating that I've stopped playing for now. Please EA put out a new patch soon!! I need to play God, sniff.
rainstormed

rowancirrus wrote:Okay, a few things...

I experimented with a lot of things and one thing that seemed to help was keeping the sims' inventory empty. I have no idea if this is related or my imagination, though. If you try it let me know if it works or helps.

Also, check your sims' traits. My overemotional sim had way more problems than anyone else, which makes sense. I would definitely not make any overemotional sims until this gets fixed.

Amazingly enough, emptying my sim's inventories helped. I've even noticed that when they put something in their inventory, their mood goes south. It would be interesting if more people tried this to see if it's the problem.
Kelly44

1. Does this happen to all Sims or just some? Just one so far
2. What 'hood? Also, were you in a hood you had been playing prior to the patch? Bridgeport
3. Any mods/cc? If so, please make a brief list. None
4. Mac or PC? PC
samiam1127

1. Does this happen to all Sims or just some? I only have one Sim atm.
2. What 'hood? Also, were you in a hood you had been playing prior to the patch? Bridgeport
3. Any mods/cc? If so, please make a brief list. I have some CC. But I ran the game without CC & it still happened.
4. Mac or PC? PC

This is possibly one of the most annoying glitches that I've encountered in Sims 3. I hate using cheats, but I've had to just so my Sim won't get fired for her mood being so low at work! I made all of her motives 100% green, with no bad moodlets, and about 3 good moodlets, but her mood was still only "Fair".

Please fix this EA, before I lose my mind.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/07/10 06:40 AM

Forum Index » Late Night
Go to: