Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Updated Building a Yacht!! a basic framework by Ralphael (Expanded version)  XML
Forum Index » Creative Corner
RalphaelNinja

VampireMike wrote:So Raphael you gonna give us a hint on what your next project is?

Actually there has already been several since the yacht but I do think this was probably the pinnacle and favorite of all my lots.

Good versus Bad - Ralphael's Chess Battlefield
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/58982.page

Pocket Mini Castle 23x23 lot
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/63876.page

Sir Ralphael Airship
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/61954.page

As to future lots, I never have any idea of whats next until a blank lot reveals itself.

During construction, my lots are filled with deformed walls that looks so chaotic that those whom I share some preliminary photo shots thinks that the lot was done by a child.

They laugh at the chaos until slowly something interesting emerges and both them (the ones that I share my photos with) and I figure this was probably what I was aiming for in the first place but didn't know it (or at least I pretend that was what I was designing).

Xeroz

wow... looks too complicated fro me to do tho =\

RalphaelNinja

Xeroz wrote:wow... looks too complicated fro me to do tho =\

You have to think in terms of playing the game... it is no more difficult then running through a game level such as Mario World, hundreds of time to find all the coins.

CFE (constrainfloorelevation on/off/true/false) simply allows you to bend a sheet/floor in sims, into various shapes. Rather then bending (raising/lowering the terrain) by eye/hand, the method shown here bends a series of tiles into a predefined height i.e. the bathtub form.

All this does is create the basic hull form to imply the shape of a ship, so that you can fill the middle with your house.

Don't be afraid of experimenting with CFE. There are basic rules of how a tile will react to the tools that are given.

Ctrl-Z is your friend when working with CFE. Experiment... After all you bought the game.... play with it.... pushing it to its limits.... and find all the coins within...

landonsmith

Well im still working on the battleship but now im having a problem. Iv'e got the hull worked on but i'm stuck I've got the "constrainfloorelevation" cheat on but The hull of the ship is not changing shape also in can't get the digging tool to work on the walls what am I doing wrong

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/19/09 01:26 AM

RalphaelNinja

landonsmith wrote:Well im still working on the battleship but now im having a problem. Iv'e got the hull worked on but i'm stuck I've got the "constrainfloorelevation" cheat on but The hull of the ship is not changing shape also in can't get the digging tool to work on the walls what am I doing wrong

Tech support call:

Hello landonsmith....

constrainfloorelevation off - allows you to shape your floors.
and
constrainfloorelevation on - stops any modification to the floors

Turn it off / false.

Thank you for calling the Yacht framework hotline....

landonsmith

Thank you Ralphael but now im stuck on step 5. Part 2 my problem is getting the bottom of the hull underwater. are you supposed to use the lower terrain tool under the ship or the pond tool. If neither then what do i need to do because Im stuck and I read the step but I still don't get what Im supposed to do.

Also how do you get more than four floors

but aside from that i did get it completed but it was tacky and only 8 squares wide this time im doing it again but at 22 squares this time

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 09/20/09 02:39 PM

drewwashere941

This is definitively the most creative and unique thing I have seen in the The Sims. Great job
ponchieoo

I tried then the constrainfloorelevation true didnt work cant wait to see the ship!

DRAGON!!! RAWR.
MeresimP

Hi - great thread - hope you are still around?
Is it possible that you could post your tutorial somewhere else than TS3
The access to this place is so difficult if you are not using the English version

Mit forum:

Forum Index » Creative Corner
Go to: