Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Sims 3 Pets De-formed Pets Glitch  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Possible Bugs
elishacrow99

once before i was in i think china and my sim whent black and there were arms everywhere i think i got a patch that stopped it
KarinBerry

Longcat123 wrote:Guys, you probably need to get either a better video card and/or video card. Just because your computer meets the minimum requirements,doesn't mean it going to look or run well. Minimum requirments means that the is absoulute minimum you need to just run the game. Though some of the bugs ARE ea's fault, the graphical glitches are probably aren't.

This seems like sound advice, but has there been an official statement from EA to the effect of, "We've checked everything on our end and confirmed it's not a glitch, but something to do with trying to play the game with an inferior graphics card."

I can save for a better graphics card, but if I'd known it would be necessary to use this EP, I would have put the money I spent on the EP towards the new card, and then begun saving up for the EP.

Still, if it's not a matter of my graphics card being lame, then I would like EA to publicly acknowledge the glitch and assure us they're working on a patch.
silvaze11223344

this is really ticking me off wen it first came out i was waiting for ever to get it, then ipopped it in, installed it, and my horses lip was attached to its hoof WTH????? I WANT IT FIXED ><
silvaze11223344

thesims3addictz wrote:LOTS of people are having this glitch in the game

EA is supposed to be working on a patch to fix it.

I'm only playing my game with small animals for now.

How do deer look in your game by the way?

Deer in my game look perfect.

Im my game, my stupid horses and unicorns have their lip stuck to their hoofs and cats and dogs are worse their back gets arched really high and its creepy, and even my raccoons and deer look scary too
kinusia2000

Same here. Every pet except the deer are deformed and I can't get it fixed. I tried uninstalling, a different game but my pets are still deformed

Just Smile
leannaknight

I have the same issue except none of my pets are normal.

Totally unacceptable from EA. I am so disapointed. The game should have never have been released.

Sort it out EA.

Dealthia

there is a problem with mine where I go to make a pet at any time (only with the dog or cat) and their face is streatched and distorted and deformed and it continues that way throughout the game. its annoying and i wish to fix it
ashlynn1245

I just bought the game two days ago, and i was really looking forward to making pets and doing things with them and when, i see stray horses and dogs and cats they are also deformed, and like everyone else said the deers are perfect...well almost the deers in mine are black but perfect graphics.....EA please make a new patch to fix this problem, please dont let down your supporters, we obviosly care about the sims and the other creations if we are buying them. Please dont let us down, not yet, there is so much we are looking forward too. By Far the sims 3 is the best to me and i wouldnt trade it for anything else, its a wonderful feeling to play sims controlling there every action, thats based on real life actions, that we can do beforehand on a virtual game....Pleaase Please with a cherry on top come out with that patch as soon as you can!!! And Remember I support you, we support you, We All Support You!
Artisan219

KarinBerry wrote:
Longcat123 wrote:Guys, you probably need to get either a better video card and/or video card. Just because your computer meets the minimum requirements,doesn't mean it going to look or run well. Minimum requirments means that the is absoulute minimum you need to just run the game. Though some of the bugs ARE ea's fault, the graphical glitches are probably aren't.

This seems like sound advice, but has there been an official statement from EA to the effect of, "We've checked everything on our end and confirmed it's not a glitch, but something to do with trying to play the game with an inferior graphics card."

I can save for a better graphics card, but if I'd known it would be necessary to use this EP, I would have put the money I spent on the EP towards the new card, and then begun saving up for the EP.

Still, if it's not a matter of my graphics card being lame, then I would like EA to publicly acknowledge the glitch and assure us they're working on a patch.

As a 3D animator, I can tell you that this glitch is not likely the fault of the graphics card. For one, the glitch is widespread enough that the odds of so many people having an incompatible graphics card are slim. Secondly, this looks to be a computational glitch at the vertex level. The way 3D meshes are animated involves setting affinities between the vertex points and the non-rendering bone objects that actually make up the animation. From what I can gather from the comments here and the videos I've found on YouTube and elsewhere, it would appear that something is causing vertices to assign incorrectly (points that make up a horse's lower jaw becoming assigned to the hooves, etc). It is possible for some user file to conflict with the bone data, but most of us have the wherewithal to remove custom content when we run into glitches, so I doubt that would be a factor. Unfortunately, this is very likely an EA problem. The game has only been out for 3 months, so let's hope the patch is a priority.
SimGuru_Gambit

Hello kinusia2000,

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with The Sims 3 Pets. I've included a few helpful FAQ's below for further assistance.

Finding Devices and Updating Drivers
http://help.ea.com/article/finding-devices-and-updating-drivers

The Sims 3 Pets Minimum System Requirements
http://help.ea.com/article/the-sims-3-pets-minimum-system-requi
rements

Please post back if your issues persist.

-Gambit-
NikolinaRstic

Does anyone know how to fix this glitch: so my horse is at skill level 10 at running (galloping) and when runs (gallops) it, well doesn't run properly, it kinda skips some running poses? I don't know how to express myself very clearly! It doesn't run properly! And when I wanna play the Sims 3, you know when the toolbar appears, and when I click on the game updates box it says your game is up to date which is perfectly normal but then another box appears and says new Sims 3 store patch! I don't know but even if I click yes or no my horse still wont run the way it's supposed to!! HELP MEEE!!! I adore horses and well it's such a shame that I can't see them run at their fastest point, so to speak. Not even in a game! So Sims 3 People please reply to me! I need help!

Love Ya,
NikolinaRstic!
thesims3addictz

All I know is that I REFUSE to buy a new graphics card!

I have the Sims 3 game plus other expansion packs(all of the expansion packs work except for Pets,Go figure!)

I'm NOT buying another Sims 3 product until this issue is FIXED
marchmabel

my animals seem to be the issue the people look great. When i bought the game i was so exited and all i wanted to do was play with the pets but i would be playing with mutants . I know for sure this is not my graphic card and even if it was i am not willing to buy a new one as they are very expensive. The problem us guys are facing is not are fault we just paid the money to enjoy the game, so this is a problem at ea's end. if anyone knows when the patch to fix this comes out please tell me.
klyea

I Just got it and it did the same thing did you figer it out yet????
summer512

Ashley8697 wrote:A few days ago I went and got the sims3 Pets. In the first five minutes it glitched! Evey time I went to adopt a pet or even just see a horse my game freezes and it flickers.I can't click on anything.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

You have to download the update for your graphics card.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-295.73-whql-driver.html?nvid
iaupdate=1

Use this link to get the update, the horses will be fixed, but the dogs and cats head blur. Does anyone know a downloadable fix?

Post Reply Forum Index » Possible Bugs
Go to: