Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Sims 3 Launcher isn't working anymore WHY?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
burningsim

Have a Sims problem, don't turn to EA go to the kind players at The Sims forums. Really EA would it kill you to have someone on the forums posting back to us with what is going on? Sims launcher don't work, Login to Sims3.com is a big pain, and I have been on hold on the phone with EA for 90 min. Is it that much to ask for EA to give us a few posts on the forums? Give us some love Ea. Whats going on here?
ciane

Yes, the by-pass works with pets too. I have a shortcut on my desktop to the ts3w.exe found in the program files sims3 game bin.

When I can't download with the launcher, I can often get the downloads through the shop mode in the game. Sometimes it won't install with the game running, but it will download to the installer.

And, I agree with uninstalling origin. I always kept the EADM uninstalled too.

CasK

YES!! Thank you all so much! I uninstalled Origin and my launcher now works! I don't know what I would do without these Forums!!
Hallin19

Mine isn't working either!
jazzben6

my launcher stopped working when i installed Pets
Booster24

This is super frustrating. I was able to play minutes ago but thought of copying a building in a different world and add it to my current world when Sims 3 crashed. Now I am having the same issues as everyone else where I am not able to load up the game? ? ?

Anything working?

miarose786

Mine has stopped working too. I have had pets for about a week now and it has been working great but now the launcher won't...well...launch. Please help asap, ea!
sclement2009

Is everyone still having this problem? It must be going on for a long time now?
CrossEyedSimGirl

Yayy ^_^ I'm so happy there's a bypass...

For newcomers to lazy to find the bypass:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe

Open the start menu, paste that in and hit enter. Click the first (and only) thing that pops up...

BAMMMM...

miarose786

It says something at the top of the forum to uninstall ea download manager. What is ea download manager? Is it origins? Thanks!
miarose786

CrossEyedSimGirl wrote:Yayy ^_^ I'm so happy there's a bypass...

For newcomers to lazy to find the bypass:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe

Open the start menu, paste that in and hit enter. Click the first (and only) thing that pops up...

BAMMMM...

Yippeee!!! Thank you!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/27/11 08:18 PM

LeighMarie

I feel like I'm having a slightly different problem to everyone else.

I started up Sims today as normal (unaware of all the problems) and was asked to do an update, but after the update, like everyone else, my launcher froze and crashed every time I tried to click the play button.

I figured that perhaps the update had installed something new from Pets and had for some reason had made my game incompatible so I bought Pets, installed Origin and downloaded the game.

This, obviously, didn't fix the problem so I did some Googling and found information about the bypass. Which doesn't work for me.
I've tried the TS3, TS3W, and the TS3EP05, but nothing happens! Despite everyone else saying this works, I just get a window popping up and saying that it couldn't connect to the server or my Internet is down (which it isn't). I'm the only person who seems to have had this, so I don't know what to do about it.

I just tried uninstalling Origin, and that's not helped either. Yes, all of a sudden my launcher doesn't freeze or crash, but instead it looks like it's worked, disappears as if to start the game and then, again, nothing happens.

I also had the problem logging in on here. I can't use the actual 'log in' to log in, I had to reply to this post to actually log in.

Frustrated is an understatment.
howdysims3

super happy to come across this thread, an hour is to long for me to live withoug sims... i am now over the moon : D

LeighMarie- try loading that launcher of sims 3 or any other expansion pack u have instead of the pets one, this once worked for me a while back

fierydove

LeighMarie wrote:I feel like I'm having a slightly different problem to everyone else.

I started up Sims today as normal (unaware of all the problems) and was asked to do an update, but after the update, like everyone else, my launcher froze and crashed every time I tried to click the play button.

I figured that perhaps the update had installed something new from Pets and had for some reason had made my game incompatible so I bought Pets, installed Origin and downloaded the game.

Frustrated is an understatment.

I don't use origins so can't help. I buy all my games retail box to avoid all that nonsense when the servers go boom. It sounds like pets's is trying to authorize with origins. I would imagine you have to do that once at least or maybe each time you want to play. As I said I don't use origins so can't help. Maybe an EA tech can help on origins or another player. Good luck.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/27/11 08:42 PM

KirstieBunny

I uninstalled Origin and my Sims 3 launcher started working immediately.

I get the message that I 'can't connect to the Origin server' but when I press 'Play' I can actually play my game.

I love playing the sims. Bugs like this are ridiculous on the part of the company that we all pay A LOT of money to for a computer game even if we don't use the store.

Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: