Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
☆~ KLorelei's Works In Progress ~☆ Villa di Fiori ♦♦ Mysticdiva2 ♦♦ p.30  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Creative Corner
SoleilStarr

Eeee it's looking fabulous! You're doing such a great job and thank you for the furniture. I personally adore the chair.

As to the swimable pond, I don't mind having to reset the sim. I understand you not wanting to give a lot with an error but if you can't replicate the incident coulda just been a fluke. I've been using reset sim a lot lately. Had a toddler going through his block table. owch.

KLorelei

foxgirl902 wrote:*gasp* I love that shirt on him! It makes him so much more handsome..if that's even possible OoO I've also never, ever heard of Tangelos! But they look and sound pretty awesome. I also really like that name, T'Angelo Blaze. It's cute! Him as a girl, she's actually really pretty

Yay! I'm so glad you like him. I'm going to try to get him uploaded this morning because I won't be around again until much later this evening. *crosses fingers that the exchange behaves for me*

And yeah, I wanted to make sure there was a good balance between making him handsome and masculine enough, but not so much so that it was incompatible with female features in the future generations. After all, you aren't going for an uglacy or anything, lol. ^_^

KLorelei

SoleilStarr wrote:Eeee it's looking fabulous! You're doing such a great job and thank you for the furniture. I personally adore the chair.

As to the swimable pond, I don't mind having to reset the sim. I understand you not wanting to give a lot with an error but if you can't replicate the incident coulda just been a fluke. I've been using reset sim a lot lately. Had a toddler going through his block table. owch.

Yeah, that chair was just too perfect for certain spots in the build and none of the base game or EP chairs would suffice in my opinion, lol. And the good news is I think I've worked out the kinks with the swimmable pond! So expect the lot to be up on the exchange by tomorrow. ^_^

KLorelei

Ok, I was worried for a minute there because he didn't appear in my studio the first time I attempted to upload him. But after getting rid of the other changed out pics, leaving only the first/cover shot as custom, he uploaded just fine.

So here he is Foxgirl - T'Angelo Blaze

KLorelei

SoleilStarr, your house is finished. ^_^

(click pic above for download)

More pics here

KLorelei

Hi Bluegayle. Just to clarify what you're picturing in your head when you say New Orleans mansion are you talking about something in the French Quarter/city or are you thinking more along the lines of the houses in the Garden District? There would have been very grand houses in both areas, but they have different layouts/styles to them. If you're not entirely sure I'll see if I can pull up some pictures to use as examples for you so we can narrow down your vision to make sure we're on the same page. ^_^

gokukaren

Hi there dear. You are doing a fantastic job on your builds by request. I think Pacific Heights is my favorite. I have recommended them all. Have a great week!

bluegayle_

KLorelei wrote:Hi Bluegayle. Just to clarify what you're picturing in your head when you say New Orleans mansion are you talking about something in the French Quarter/city or are you thinking more along the lines of the houses in the Garden District? There would have been very grand houses in both areas, but they have different layouts/styles to them. If you're not entirely sure I'll see if I can pull up some pictures to use as examples for you so we can narrow down your vision to make sure we're on the same page. ^_^

There was a movie called Skeleton Key and I think it was plantation style so my guess would be its probably garden district? Doesn't have to be that exact mansion but I think you know the style. I am so thrilled you picked my request and am looking forward to watching you create it. Again no pressure I am going to enjoy this one step at a time. LOL

Thank you!

update: looking forward to some pictures or you can just post a link or two for me to look at.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/17/12 04:38 AM

Have you ever wondered which hurts the most: saying something and wishing you had not, or saying nothing, and wishing you had?
SoleilStarr

I said it on the house board but I have to say it again. Thank you so so very much I'm more than happy I am giddy. You are so awesome I cannot thank you enough! -huggles-

KLorelei

I'm thrilled you love it SoleilStarr. ^_^

KLorelei

gokukaren wrote:Hi there dear. You are doing a fantastic job on your builds by request. I think Pacific Heights is my favorite. I have recommended them all. Have a great week!

Thank you for the compliments and the recs Karen, that's very kind of you to take the time to check out my creations. ^_^

KLorelei

bluegayle_ wrote:There was a movie called Skeleton Key and I think it was plantation style so my guess would be its probably garden district? Doesn't have to be that exact mansion but I think you know the style. I am so thrilled you picked my request and am looking forward to watching you create it. Again no pressure I am going to enjoy this one step at a time. LOL

Thank you!

update: looking forward to some pictures or you can just post a link or two for me to look at.

So I found some pics of the house used in the movie the Skeleton Key, Felicity Plantation in Vacherie Louisiana, built in 1846 (some of these were obviously taken before the more recent renovations that have been done to the house).

And here are a few other plantation style homes in Louisiana -

KLorelei

Here are some pics of New Orleans Garden District homes:

CrescentMoonPye

(gaw, I love old houses! I wish I had a RL one so I could be mad at it for breaking down/falling apart all the time)

KLorelei

CrescentMoonPye wrote:(gaw, I love old houses! I wish I had a RL one so I could be mad at it for breaking down/falling apart all the time)

IKR? I can only live vicariously through the sims by building them although I guess even those aren't really "old" houses either. heh

Post Reply Forum Index » Creative Corner
Go to: