Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
What is wrong with Katy Perry??  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Katy Perry's Sweet Treats
jeanamariex3

I am a YA who's been playing Sims forever. I like Katy Perry, and childish unrealistic frivolous things. I see nothing wrong with it. Just the people judging us.

I'm not buying it just because it's Katy Perry though. But I hate Justin Bieber and will never buy an SP with his name on it.

sneakysim

Katy Perry has no substance to bring to a game like the Sims.

If EA really wanted to force celebrity branding on us, the least they could have done was get a celeb with a clothing line. Let our Sims wear Gwen Stefani's clothes or something. (Throw in a few pieces of furniture to match the clothing style and even I'd buy it!)

Instead we get to pay more money for a bunch of useless candy fluff that has no actual connection to the Katy Perry brand. Unless her brain is made of this junk, which makes things more understandable...
jps0228

I like Katy Perry, but if EA is gonna put Katy Perry's name on it, AT LEAST put some things from her other albums (or songs for a matter of fact) because the ONLY things in this SP are from her California Gurls Music Video. At least put some from her Teenage Dream or ET on it. I think they are also ripping off Berry Sims. -___-

jeanamariex3

I don't think there's anything "IN YOUR FACE" about this EP whatsoever. No different than Madonna and H&M. And it's not like Justin Bieber is involved. EEW!

However, I want them to promote Charlie Sheen!

Hthr0120

Callum9432 wrote:Katy Perry is okay. Some of her music is quite good. But it's the SP content that I don't like. I also don't like the fact that there is any celebrity being this involved in Sims.

Ditto this ^
sneakysim

jeanamariex3 wrote:I don't think there's anything "IN YOUR FACE" about this EP whatsoever. No different than Madonna and H&M. And it's not like Justin Bieber is involved. EEW!

However, I want them to promote Charlie Sheen!

There is a difference. Madonna and H&M actually have "stuff" to put into a Stuff Pack. Katy Perry doesn't have "stuff" Katy Perry has ideas for things that aren't even original or trademarked to her as a celebrity.

And if they partnered with Charlie Sheen, I'd burn all of my Sims 2/3 games.
jeanamariex3

Charlie Sheen is AWESOME! I would move to his house and be one of his goddesses in a heartbeat! This is a female coming from DETROIT! So naturally, I would be all over a Charlie Sheen TS3 SP!

sneakysim

jeanamariex3 wrote:Charlie Sheen is AWESOME! I would move to his house and be one of his goddesses in a heartbeat! This is a female coming from DETROIT! So naturally, I would be all over a Charlie Sheen TS3 SP!

It's all fun and games until he "accidentally" shoots you, I suppose.

He's no Till Lindemann. I would let that man shoot me any day. (Not that he ever would.)
jeanamariex3

And Katy Perry has Stuff from her MUSIC VIDEOS! People need to show some consumption for those who like this SP. I'm not all whiny and I respect everyone's opinion. I'm offended that people automatically think I'm 12 years old begging mommy to buy it for me, when I am in my 20's have a job, a debit cart, and a tax return coming, so the price doesn't bother me. And Sims is starting to get TOO realistic, to some degree, so the candy theme makes me happy. I love sweets and could live the rest of my life, on them, on my 5 ft even, 110 lbs frame, since I'm lucky enough NOT to be diabetic.

Longcat123

Well I personally think that Katy Perry isn't that good of a singer. I mean seriously, am I the only one that heard her at the KCAs? She sounded HORRIFIC, it almost wanted me to chuck my TV out the window! Not only was she singing off key WHILE she had her song playing in the backround, but it seemed like she had a hard time singing it because she was practically screaming it, which made her lose breath every 5 seconds. Other than that though, she seems like a nice person though, I'll admit. And she can sound good when she's singing a song thats actually in her range.

Now for the SP, I think people are over reacting about it. I may be one of the few, but I think it's pretty cute for our younger users, even though they shouldn't be playing but I started playing the sims 3 when I was like 10 so I shouldn't be talking lol. Now I personally wouldn't waste money on it, because it's waaaayyy too cute for me, and my eyes would probably start vomiting rainbows if I played it. But still, it's not as bad as people claim, and hey, who knows maybe some people will like it.
Only1whtrbbt

This whole thread is tl;dr, so I'll just add my two cents.

There is nothing wrong with Katy Perry, but there is something very wrong with a Katy Perry SP for Sims 3. Especially for those (not myself) who bought the KP edition of Showtime, and now EA are offering us this? This is not a SP, this is a Store set, at best.

Why not put their efforts into something that will be useful to more than a handful of people, and offer this via the Store???

I just do not understand this direction at all, especially after the KP Showtime debacle.
rachel_jls360

We could all make Willy Wonka houses

Wafflage

I'm a guy I dont overly like her songs (there catchy at least) but I'm loving this SP. the whole idea of it is pretty cool, although I will probly never use the items, maybe in kids or teens rooms.

But the clothes are convincing me to make my sim straight And settle down and start a family with a girl, instead of another guy
marcel21

nothing
she's amazing

I love the theme for this pack and thought they would do it when I heard that the collection edition of Katy perry was only the start, meaning EA are using her again before showtime was releases

it's going to be great for simmer who like a sweet touch to creation

If your not into Katy or the theme there will be always another pack later in the year

bluelighting

I like showtime basically because now the mic is in, as time goes by and hopefully they'll fix the snags.
It can be a good thing eventually. For me I love music, I love dancing.
I hope personally that when sims 4 comes out they combine late night and showtime with of course lots of improvements. Perhaps by then they'll figure out how to put the mic in the band, or the singer could seranade their lover. Maybe they'll even have duets by then.
I think the sims ppl actually do a very good job trying to give something for everyone.

Post Reply Forum Index » Katy Perry's Sweet Treats
Go to: