Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Noooo ... not autonomous w HIGH attraction! Why EA? Why?  XML
Forum Index » Store General Discussion (EN)
AznSensei

catloverplayer wrote:Why not just buy the lifetime reward fast metabosolm? It keeps sims from gaining weight problem solved.

The issue is not about her gaining weight on the sim. The issue is that she'll constantly go to the ice cream machine when amjoie doesn't want her sim to go to it.

Since Simguruaims had replied on the issue, which thank you Aims for helping out with the situation, I'm sure hopefully amjoie could have the problem resolved.

I'll be awaiting results ^_^

CoreyCanadian

Location: Corey The Walking Musical! If I'm not here I'm probably fluffing my tail :D

You have a beautiful kitchen! It is gorgeous, it's a shame that the deep fryer and ice cream machine do that... Maybe doing that (putting away and taking out) is a practical thing to do. Because in a normal house (small or medium) you need all the counter space you can, so putting it away would be like putting it away under the counters. Which reminds me, can they add that? Storing some small appliances, like coffee machines and blenders, that way we have more counter space also it would make some use of those counters either than decoration and for holding things
SimGuruAims

There is actually a way to store your small appliances! In Build/Buy Mode, choose the "Family Inventory" icon (looks like an open box right below the Sort By Function icon) and then drag your small appliances (or anything you'd like to "put away for later") there for storage.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/27/12 09:06 PM

SimGuruAims

amjoie wrote:

...I do prefer having my sims on high autonomy, since I normally play large households with more than one adult, a few children, and several pets. I am not able to micromanage everyone, so turning off high autonomy is not really a solution for me.

I also have occasion to use static motives, most notably when I take a sim to do tomb exploration during vacations. I am not willing to alter my game play just to make two objects work. I have never had a problem before, with any other objects. I don't know what was done differently this time, but I wish it could be reversed.

All of the problems would be solved if I had a way to toggle the autonomy of the deep fryer and the ice cream maker.

Or, if the problem is related to canceling the eat interaction, fixing whatever coding is causing that rare obsessive behavior.

Even if I can get the current problem solved, I do think the attraction is still set too high, because people are saying that sims prefer the deep fryer and ice cream maker to all other foods, and that is putting too much emphasis on it. They shouldn't eat this stuff exclusively, I don't think, even when not glitched. It might be cute, for a while, but it will get old, fast.

Regardless, thank you again for personally replying. It does help to know you are also concerned. (hugs)

So after doing more investigation... first, if you use "static motives" and even adjust the autonomy from High Free Will to Low Free Will (not all the way off, just low) your Sims will stop obsessing over their new delicious treat making machines. I know this isn't a total solution for your problem, but it will help you play the game you'd like to play (I think) .

There is not a cheat available in our shipped games that will allow you to turn off the autonomy on a certain object only. Sorry. It was a great thought!

We are unable to reproduce the cancelling on the Deep Fryer error you are seeing. We are still investigating this however.

The attraction of these objects is half of what the attraction to the television is, but since these food objects help satisfy two needs (hunger and fun) instead of just one (hunger) the Sims who need to satisfy both needs could be slightly more attracted to them (as opposed to other food objects) when playing, though in the course of regular and "unmodified" game play, it shouldn't be to a point that is either distracting or unexpected (as I think the majority of people who have responded to this thread have noticed.)

When using "static motives", for the time being, Sims will continue to be attracted to these two objects if their autonomy is set to High Free Will. To prevent the Sims obsessive behavior around these two objects when "static motives" are enabled and Free Will is set to High (High Autonomy), players can store these objects in their Family Inventory to prevent excessive consumption (and weight gain). Or, again if they are choosing to play with "static motives enabled" players can set the "High Free Will" to "Low Free Will" or "Turn off Autonomy" and their Sim will not obsessively use either the deep fryer or the ice cream machine.

Because this "obsessed with the Deep Fryer and Ice Cream Machine" functionality is the result of using the "static motives" cheat, and because we haven't noticed similar functionality in unmodded gameplay, we'll need to take some time to consider how to address it.

Thanks again for your feedback! Let me know if you see anything else!
catloverplayer

SimGuruAims wrote:
amjoie wrote:

...I do prefer having my sims on high autonomy, since I normally play large households with more than one adult, a few children, and several pets. I am not able to micromanage everyone, so turning off high autonomy is not really a solution for me.

I also have occasion to use static motives, most notably when I take a sim to do tomb exploration during vacations. I am not willing to alter my game play just to make two objects work. I have never had a problem before, with any other objects. I don't know what was done differently this time, but I wish it could be reversed.

All of the problems would be solved if I had a way to toggle the autonomy of the deep fryer and the ice cream maker.

Or, if the problem is related to canceling the eat interaction, fixing whatever coding is causing that rare obsessive behavior.

Even if I can get the current problem solved, I do think the attraction is still set too high, because people are saying that sims prefer the deep fryer and ice cream maker to all other foods, and that is putting too much emphasis on it. They shouldn't eat this stuff exclusively, I don't think, even when not glitched. It might be cute, for a while, but it will get old, fast.

Regardless, thank you again for personally replying. It does help to know you are also concerned. (hugs)

So after doing more investigation... first, if you use "static motives" and even adjust the autonomy from High Free Will to Low Free Will (not all the way off, just low) your Sims will stop obsessing over their new delicious treat making machines. I know this isn't a total solution for your problem, but it will help you play the game you'd like to play (I think) .

There is not a cheat available in our shipped games that will allow you to turn off the autonomy on a certain object only. Sorry. It was a great thought!

We are unable to reproduce the cancelling on the Deep Fryer error you are seeing. We are still investigating this however.

The attraction of these objects is half of what the attraction to the television is, but since these food objects help satisfy two needs (hunger and fun) instead of just one (hunger) the Sims who need to satisfy both needs could be slightly more attracted to them (as opposed to other food objects) when playing, though in the course of regular and "unmodified" game play, it shouldn't be to a point that is either distracting or unexpected (as I think the majority of people who have responded to this thread have noticed.)

When using "static motives", for the time being, Sims will continue to be attracted to these two objects if their autonomy is set to High Free Will. To prevent the Sims obsessive behavior around these two objects when "static motives" are enabled and Free Will is set to High (High Autonomy), players can store these objects in their Family Inventory to prevent excessive consumption (and weight gain). Or, again if they are choosing to play with "static motives enabled" players can set the "High Free Will" to "Low Free Will" or "Turn off Autonomy" and their Sim will not obsessively use either the deep fryer or the ice cream machine.

Because this "obsessed with the Deep Fryer and Ice Cream Machine" functionality is the result of using the "static motives" cheat, and because we haven't noticed similar functionality in unmodded gameplay, we'll need to take some time to consider how to address it.

I actually like that sims use this object automously because I plan on putting it in the cake dome venue that comes with sweet treats plus a lot of sims on community lots are starving to death since showtime. This object will hopefully help with that as well.

The Last Venue Of Amour Coming August 7th From The Sims 3 Store.
Writin_Reg

Amjoie, I just posted this on Cyron thread, but in case you didn't see it:

Just to update - I added a brand new CAS made household and added the new stuff to their house - some of it anyway as they are poor - but took note that in this new household of unskilled Sims the ice cream maker does seem to need to be cleaned shortly after every use - which is weird in a household of just 2 YA sims. My Sims also seem drawn to this machine when they get only minorly hungry. Yet neither have made any attempts to go to the fryer. This might change after they get some cooking skills though.

But just wanted to let you know, that at least new unskilled sims are 1- drawn to the machine, and 2 - it seems to need cleaning constantly.

I can't help but wonder why it makes a different in using new CAS made sims over using my regular highly skilled Sims.

ETA - One thing I can verify is the unskilled sim usually just went to the fridge and grabbed something like cereal or ice cream - so they are drawn to the ice cream maker even without skills over the "instant" fridge food. So yeah, I'd have to agree that is definitely tuned up over the fridge to satisfy hunger.

Just to add - I do think the sims avoided the fryer because of zero skills and neither have any cooking related traits. So if anything changes as far as the fryer - I'll let you know.

Also, I have not changed any settings - it is exactly as I reported in my earlier post - but it is obvious that new Sims made in CAS are a lot more "attracted" to at least the ice cream maker, then my original long ago made "regular" High skilled sims.

ETA - but neither were obsessed. After each grabbed and ate an ice cream - they seemed satisfied and each went off to do other things - one grabbed a book (the book worm) and the other went off to play with their computer (the computer nerd). When their hunger moved down to a hunger state, each did return to the ice cream machine again again - the male made an ice cream, but the female wanted to but didn't. I instructed her to clean it. (She has a neat trait - so it being dirty was probably the culprit. As after she cleaned it, a few minutes later she came back and made herself an ice cream.

I left the game when they were both sleeping, and plan to go back in next and skill them up - and get them jobs. They are broke. hehehe So see if things changes with a few skills.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 04/27/12 11:41 PM

amjoie

@Writin_Reg: Well, that is very interesting. What about new CAS sims would be different??

This gets curiouser and curiouser ....

The social whirl makes me dizzy, so though I am beginning to feel guilty about it, I must remain at zero friends. But thank you for your requests.
amjoie

SimGuruAims wrote:
amjoie wrote:

Hi again!

I just finished writing a long reply in answer to your post in the technical thread. You may want to read that.

I understand that you have to be able to reproduce the problem in order to fix it. Since Writin_Reg has just noticed a change in game behavior with unskilled sims right out of CAS, you may want to keep exploring. (edit: scroll up to read her post)

I don't mind temporarily removing the deep fryer and ice cream machine, when not in use. I am sincerely hoping, however, that it will not be a permanent "solution." You are aware of what I wrote earlier, that if I save the game with them in the family inventory, quit and restart my game, and then put them back in my game, I get a popup telling me each sim in the family has just gotten a 500 reward -- regardless of the fact that I got that when I bought the objects. Just so you know that you're advocating cheating when you suggest the family inventory.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/27/12 11:26 PM

The social whirl makes me dizzy, so though I am beginning to feel guilty about it, I must remain at zero friends. But thank you for your requests.
Writin_Reg

Yep, it is weird for sure. Okay I am going back into the game and skill them - I grow curioser by the minute. You would not think there would be any difference in my regular sims - it must be the memories, as the new ones have none to speak of and all my regular sims memories go with them I have noticed. They seem to only obsess about things they formaerly obsessed about.

Talk to you later.

Kael

I did replicate this yesterday after I saw this thread. My sim constantly went to the ice cream machine(the only thing I did was remove the TV to see what would happen). I'm assuming it was to fulfill her fun need(she never went to the deep fryer though). I'll be checking this out some more when my game loads up.

Kael

So...just checked it out again.

The sim that I used has the Couch Potato and Natural Cook trait and is a vampire.

I removed the TV from the household.

She immediately went for the ice cream machine and made some. I let her. She then cleaned up some things, went back to the ice cream machine. Went to the bathroom and then to sleep.

Woke up, had plasma juice as her Thirst was very low, went to the ice cream machine. After she went to the ice cream machine she stood there for a second, then went to the ice cream machine again and this happened every time I canceled out the interaction.

She has a Karaoke machine and two bookshelves in the house. The only thing she ever goes for is the Ice Cream Machine. I have no cheats enabled.

Also a note: She went for the Ice Cream Machine regardless of her Thirst and Fun levels

EDIT: After further investigation this problem does not occur with just the deep fryer in the house. She will used the bookcases/karaoke machine as well as the deep fryer(only sometimes). If the Ice Cream Machine is in the house that is all she will use.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 04/28/12 02:07 AM

amjoie

Kael wrote:So...just checked it out again.

The sim that I used has the Couch Potato and Natural Cook trait and is a vampire.

I removed the TV from the household.

She immediately went for the ice cream machine and made some. I let her. She then cleaned up some things, went back to the ice cream machine. Went to the bathroom and then to sleep.

Woke up, had plasma juice as her Thirst was very low, went to the ice cream machine. After she went to the ice cream machine she stood there for a second, then went to the ice cream machine again and this happened every time I canceled out the interaction.

She has a Karaoke machine and two bookshelves in the house. The only thing she ever goes for is the Ice Cream Machine. I have no cheats enabled.

Also a note: She went for the Ice Cream Machine regardless of her Thirst and Fun levels

EDIT: After further investigation this problem does not occur with just the deep fryer in the house. She will used the bookcases/karaoke machine as well as the deep fryer(only sometimes). If the Ice Cream Machine is in the house that is all she will use.

Come to think of it, when the static motives was on, she was obsessed with the deep fryer. But once I restarted the game, with no cheats, she used the deep fryer when I directed her to, and subsequently directed her to not eat -- but after that, she was only obsessed with the ice cream maker. I never thought about it, but you're right. That's how it went.

I'm so glad to hear someone else is experiencing this without cheats.

I just have to ask: Was your sim skilled? Writin_Reg didn't have the problem with skilled sims in her normal household, but she did have the problem with a new sim right out of CAS who was unskilled.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/28/12 03:11 AM

Allspice1232

I started a new game with a new sim. Just like Writin_Reg, I didn't have a problem with my skilled household, so we'll see what happens with the new sim. The first thing she did was go to the bookshelf and grab a book. I'll edit this post with what happens.

EDIT: I tried it with a few different traits. If she had Natural Cook, she'd go for the ice cream maker quite a bit, but she'd also use the computer (she didn't have Computer Whiz). If she didn't have Natural Cook, she used the ice cream maker less, but she was still using it more than she should have been.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 04/28/12 04:15 AM

Writin_Reg

Okay I just finished playing this household for 5 straight hours which brought them to several sims weeks - and I did notice the higher they gained in their skilled the less they went for the fryer or ice cream maker except when they were really, really hungry.

I have came to just one conclusion, and have also verified this in 3 other household - there is a bug attached in the fact that you cannot cancel a sims action if they get the idea to go use the fry machine or ice cream maker - even if they get this idea off their own lot. I had this experience 5 times with my male sim who practices his martial arts in a park next door to their house - he got the really hungry signal and immediately as soon as he stepped onto his lot popped up the fry command. I tried to cancel it and clicked for him to make a group salad as his fiancee was on the way home and hungry too, but it remained X-ed out as he still went to the fryer made a fried turkey leg, ate it - then got up and proceeded to make a group salad. When I crossed out the group salad - he immediately stopped even though he already had it in the blender (Yuck - salad in a blender), but this does not work for the fryer.

The girlfriend came in and immediately went over to the blender and finished making the salad - which she ate.

But after I saw this happen 3 times with my male I purposely tried to cancel out any idea of the fryer or ice cream maker and got the same reaction.

Now the kicker is, and I did not try this of course, but I believe if you try a cheat to cancel the action, is what most likely will glitch the sims - which then may very well toss the sim into something like the ice cream or fryer loop. I did not dare try any cheat to cancel, as I really don't want to glitch the sims if I can avoid it - but it makes sense that that may have been what glitched yours.

What I did do though was go to several of my other households that I had already played in this world with highly skilled sims, and in their cases they almost never seem to choose the fryer or ice cream maker - but in the 7 roomies household I have their fryer and ice cream maker in their outdoors kitchen and I think laziness to go way out there deters them, as the indoor kitchen is right there, so I generally had to give them a command to go fry something or use the ice cream maker - and even done that way, cancelling the action does not work. They will continue to these appliances anyway and do the first command, then they will proceed to make the group meal from the fridge (also still in the outdoor kitchen) I followed the x-ed out command.

So if that Guru comes back tell her, that has to be at the base of the problem that cancelling the command - whether it is the sims idea or our idea does not work.

Luckily for me though not any of my household glitched.

But other than that - I had absolutely no problem and no one seemed obsessive about either appliance - but if they are in the kitchen with the regular appliance - the sims will almost always choose them to feed theirselves over anything else in the kitchen. Even having the most expensive appliances does not deter them in my Sims who are now getting skills, just not skilled up that much.

Also I forgot to tell you the sims traits - the new ones -
the male has - Brave, disciplined, green thumb, Athletic, Computer Whiz and is employed by the military. His lifetime aspiration if Perfection of body and mind. So he spends all his time not working - on the pc or working out without me ever telling him to. He plays chess on the pc constantly.

The female - Virtuoso, Bookworm, Neat, Athletic, Natural Born Performer and she is persuing the Singing career. Her lifetime want is to become a superstar singer. Her thing is guitar playing, cleaning, and reading.

In their house it still takes about 4-5 days for those two appliances to need a cleaning.

Well I hope that helps.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/28/12 06:16 AM

druttilur

Just to confirm what Writin_Reg wrote. I can´t cancel the fry action in my game either. If the sim (either on his own accord or directed by me) gets the fry action in the queue it will stay until the onion/candy bar/fish is done.

Forum Index » Store General Discussion (EN)
Go to: