Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
New Sneak Peek and Tatertot Blog!  XML
Forum Index » Store General Discussion (EN)
PHOEBESMOM601

I'm going to reserve judgement,and the decision to purchase, until I see the whole set. With the exception of a few items it looks a little more like Haute Hip instead of Goth.

Personally I keep waiting for some lower end items. Not all of our Sims live the high life. Some never make it out of Mosquito Cove in SV or the Family Compound in Riverview.

Step outside of your comfort zone. Ask why. Don't accept,"because that's the way it's always been". Think outside the box.
candy8

Why did they have to blind fold the statue was that really necessary. I would buy it if it were not for that.

I would have liked if EA had designed something like the picture that was posted on here. That is georgous.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/02/12 01:08 PM

piddlesim

I love the looks of the set. Now if we could have a gothic kitchen and bathroom set that would be great.
Kryst51

I like it.... It makes me think of Batman.....

Kryst51

candy8 wrote:Why did they have to blind fold the statue was that really necessary. I would buy it if it were not for that.

I would have liked if EA had designed something like the picture that was posted on here. That is georgous.

I wonder if the blindfold could be there for a little bit of humor that we are always asking for? - I think it is kind of quirky

Erja888

The set looks really elegant and high class. Totally the way I would imagine Bella and Gunther Goth's (aka Julia and Winfried von Spinnweb) home nowadays.

I hope that the Store team will release a new Gothic clothing set (including hairstyles) that goes along with the new furniture set later this month?!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 05/02/12 02:06 PM

Erja888 - Simming from TS (2001) til end of TS3 (2014)
genietwo

Modern goth. It's wonderful! Thank you!

I can see it used with the Ultra Lounge kitchen and bathroom sets. The Luxury Spa bedroom will also work well with it.

Are those drapes against the wall in the living room? If so, how wonderful!

TheChronicR

Very nice. I like most items but my personal favourites are the slim bookcase (at least I hope it is a bookcase) and the table flower-like decoration. The rug is not bad either. Overall, it gets a thumb-up from me. I really wish they do a kitchen and bedroom set in this theme, too.

-M.

With regards,

TheChronicR
MaxQBaker

SimGuruTaterTot wrote:Check it out here: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/SimGuruTaterTot/myBlog

Then come back and tell me what you think!

The set looks very nice, but I'm not sure it makes sense being assoiated with the Goths. Since Sims3 occurs before Sims2, I would expect their look to somehow reflect what is coming later. This has a 'later' look to it, not an earlier.

But that's a minor point. I like the set.

Tojax

Kryst51 wrote:
candy8 wrote:Why did they have to blind fold the statue was that really necessary. I would buy it if it were not for that.

I wonder if the blindfold could be there for a little bit of humor that we are always asking for? - I think it is kind of quirky

Agreed It is kind of interesting, I'd say. Not to mention that blindfolds have quite a long career in the world of statues, starting with the Ancient Greeks and their portrayal of Justice. And that bust looks pretty much inspired by classical sculpture...

Anyway, it's actually one of the items that I really like in this new collection

KLorelei

Tojax wrote:
Kryst51 wrote:

Agreed It is kind of interesting, I'd say. Not to mention that blindfolds have quite a long career in the world of statues, starting with the Ancient Greeks and their portrayal of Justice. And that bust looks pretty much inspired by classical sculpture...

Anyway, it's actually one of the items that I really like in this new collection

Ditto Tojax. I think it's one of my favorite items too (of what I've seen so far anyway). Loving the look of the set, can't wait to see it when it's released.

mangoesandlimes

Tojax wrote:

Justice came to mind immediately for me, as well. And I'd assume the blindfold can be recolored to match the rest of the bust. It'd look quite nice and blend in a bit more with a bronze material. Anyway, I always appreciate more art. I need to build a new museum for Hidden Springs one of these days.

AznSensei

They will probably have a non-blindfolded version of the statue too hopefully if the trend goes on

blewis823

AznSensei wrote:
blewis823 wrote:
vampyrelucia wrote:I love most of the set. The tall back chair with the round back is okay. The tall back chair at the desk I do not like at all.

I am not feeling that chair either. Tall back chairs are okay, but having it that tall doesn't work for me. I can only see using it with the back against the wall. Thanks for the build items, I guess I will get it.

I would probably too, and they made a pic on facebook having them against the wall, while they used a "3rd" dining chair (?)

I like that concept much better.

Thanks for showing the picture again, Azn. I didn't see that chair back there, then again I have very poor vision.

EDIT: I am adding my for the statue. I like that and can't wait to get that piece.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/02/12 04:52 PM

AznSensei

MaxQBaker wrote:
SimGuruTaterTot wrote:Check it out here: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/SimGuruTaterTot/myBlog

Then come back and tell me what you think!

The set looks very nice, but I'm not sure it makes sense being assoiated with the Goths. Since Sims3 occurs before Sims2, I would expect their look to somehow reflect what is coming later. This has a 'later' look to it, not an earlier.

But that's a minor point. I like the set.

It makes sense to me as it is the "newer" goth style that grew from the old goth style that we have already in the game, aka it transgressed from old to new and this represents the new goth style.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/02/12 05:53 PM

Forum Index » Store General Discussion (EN)
Go to: