Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
where art thou simmy god??  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
MadameLee

DarkGamer7 wrote:
MadameLee wrote:and I'm in CHRISTIAN church that allows people who are: gays/lesbians, or who have disablties. SO not ALL chirstians (or branches of Chirstanty) are alike. Oh and its wooohing part that's the sin not the actual attraction. Its just one branch of Chirstanty which hates gays/lesbians. Like I said that's CATHOLICS and not ALL of them.

Ehm.. You oughta want to recheck that. It's good that at least your religion is open minded. But the key point is that it is still considered a bad thing by most religions, which I find offending. EA won't add religion to The Sims 3. THankfully.

how do I know what I said? Because the Catholic schools in the Toronto area have said so. Go Google gay-straight alliance in Catholic schools in Toronto Star.

http://www.thestar.com/news/article/1170293--catholic-trustee-w
ants-gay-straight-clubs-in-waterloo-schools

but does not force Catholic schools to use that name because of the Vatican’s delicate stand on homosexuality. The church embraces homosexual people as God’s creatures but not the homosexual act, so homosexuals must choose not to be sexually active or else violate the teaching of the church.

@OP sorry for hijacking your thread.

back on topic. I just don't understand how in the Store "hoilday" pack (the 1st one) how its acceptable for having a Menorah (for Hanukkah) which is something very Jewish, but but people who are Christian like me can't have like a navity set?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 05/04/12 08:46 PM

MadameLee

double post

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 05/04/12 06:59 PM

DarkGamer7

Anyway, This conversation is going nowhere. So let's just drop it.
mangoesandlimes

MadameLee wrote:
DarkGamer7 wrote:
MadameLee wrote:So you would want to offend the Muslims, Jews, and Christans who only follow one God?

For not wanting religion? Or for not wanting THEIR religion? Pardon me but, they are the ones who hate me for liking men instead of women. I don't want any religion in my Sim games, but if I had to, I would like to see polytheistic ones.

um Dark, only one Christian group doesn't like gay people. That's Catholics, and that's not ALL Catholics are the same, only some Catholics. I'm not part of Catholic Chirstanty. I'm more of a spin off of protestant Chirstanty. "United church of Canada" which are accepting of people who are "different"

Unfortunately, there are a number of Christian groups that are anti-gay. I know loads of evangelicals who are homophobic because their church encourages it. Ever heard of the Westboro Baptist Church? I certainly don't want that in my game. A podium object without specific religious services is a much more neutral option. People who want their sims to be UCC followers can make something similar and people who want ultra conservative churches in their game can and no one person's ideas about religion are forced into anyone else's game. And if the podium were sold in the store instead of included in an EP, people wouldn't even have to have anything like religion in their game at all if they didn't want it.

frankiedoodle08

mangoesandlimes wrote:
MadameLee wrote:
DarkGamer7 wrote:
MadameLee wrote:So you would want to offend the Muslims, Jews, and Christans who only follow one God?

For not wanting religion? Or for not wanting THEIR religion? Pardon me but, they are the ones who hate me for liking men instead of women. I don't want any religion in my Sim games, but if I had to, I would like to see polytheistic ones.

um Dark, only one Christian group doesn't like gay people. That's Catholics, and that's not ALL Catholics are the same, only some Catholics. I'm not part of Catholic Chirstanty. I'm more of a spin off of protestant Chirstanty. "United church of Canada" which are accepting of people who are "different"

Unfortunately, there are a number of Christian groups that are anti-gay. I know loads of evangelicals who are homophobic because their church encourages it. Ever heard of the Westboro Baptist Church? I certainly don't want that in my game. A podium object without specific religious services is a much more neutral option. People who want their sims to be UCC followers can make something similar and people who want ultra conservative churches in their game can and no one person's ideas about religion are forced into anyone else's game. And if the podium were sold in the store instead of included in an EP, people wouldn't even have to have anything like religion in their game at all if they didn't want it.

^^ this is what im getting at, it should be optional almost like story progression.and as for DarkGamer7, im appalled by your post, personally i have no religion but know many people from many different religions all of which have nothing against someone being gay. its about the person not the religion. and be smart, EA would never add discrimination into the game

and like i said DIVERSITY is the main thing im looking for. i want to bring culture to my sims, whether it be a made up sim culture or depicted from real life

and im sure you are aware people can only bring you down if you let them. if there ignorant thats their issue not yours and certainly not mine

anyway im starting to do th one thing i asked not to find on this thread

so back to topic, currently in the middle of a game thinking to myself i wish their was more age groups for sims cus im getting a little bored
MadameLee

you mean like pre-teen? What could a pre-teen do that children't can't?

kirkuk

frankiedoodle08 wrote:
mangoesandlimes wrote:
MadameLee wrote:
DarkGamer7 wrote:

^^ this is what im getting at, it should be optional almost like story progression.and as for DarkGamer7, im appalled by your post, personally i have no religion but know many people from many different religions all of which have nothing against someone being gay. its about the person not the religion. and be smart, EA would never add discrimination into the game

and like i said DIVERSITY is the main thing im looking for. i want to bring culture to my sims, whether it be a made up sim culture or depicted from real life

and im sure you are aware people can only bring you down if you let them. if there ignorant thats their issue not yours and certainly not mine

anyway im starting to do th one thing i asked not to find on this thread

so back to topic, currently in the middle of a game thinking to myself i wish their was more age groups for sims cus im getting a little bored

The bolded part isn't really true. Other people are entirely capable of making your life miserable, and it is never the person having a bad time's fault for 'letting' them do it.

I don't want to jump all over your post or anything because I have no doubts you meant it in the best way possible, but that is one of those well-meaning pieces of advice I always feel is inadvertently misguided - it effectively shifts the blame for the bad feelings from the people doing the attacking onto the person who feels bad about themselves.

Anyway, carry on with the conversation, haha.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/04/12 08:41 PM

Mstybl95

DarkGamer7 wrote:
MadameLee wrote:
DarkGamer7 wrote:

Have you ever read your holy book? It literally says that homosexuals can be blamed for their own bloodshed. Whether or not you, or other religious follow that or not, it still says it. Religion is a controversial topic and would offend people. No matter what, whether it are the religious them selfs for not finding their believes in how ea would portray it or the people who are hated by religion, or the people who just don't believe and don't want anything to do with it. It will cause EA to lose sales, so they wouldn't do that.

Have you read the book? The bible says practically nothing about homosexuals. Actually, every reference in the book is in passing and not directly discussing homosexual behaviors. Most religious fundamentalist take things way, way, way out of context.

Jarsie9

DarkGamer7 wrote:

You know what, sweetheart? Before you brought it up, I didn't know you were gay. What's more, I don't *care* that you're gay. Nobody was talking against gays or bashing gays, or even paying any attention to gays.

In fact, it was a nice *civil* conversation until *you* had to come storming in there hollering "I don't want religion in the game because I'm gay and religious people hate me!"

Sorry, Mr. Drama King, but it's not All About You. I'm a Christian and *I* don't hate you. I don't agree with your lifestyle, but if we met on the street tomorrow, I'd be just as nice as pie and would probably offer to buy you some coffe and we could talk about books, movies, and gay rights, in which you and I would have to agree to disagree.

But that's just me. You have a lot of nerve trying to portray *all* religious people as "haters"...you remind me an awful lot of the speaker who went to the conference on bullying and used that as an excuse to trash the Bible, saying it was full of male bovine excrement because it's against gays and he's gay.

You're not helping your cause any, okay? One last time...nobody is gay bashing around here. We're discussing the possiblility of EA putting religion in the game, and most of us are against that, for various reasons. This includees *me*, by the way. But I see no harm in EA giving us the objects *we* players can use to make our own churches in-game and be able to pretend that our Sims go to church on Sunday...after all, how does that gameplay affect you?

Answer: It doesn't. So, kindly get off your high horse and stop trying to whip everyone into a frenzy and turning this into a gay rights thread, okay. Because really...that has *no* bearing on what is actually being discussed.

Don't want religion in your game? What's your beef? We don't have religion in the game *at all*, except for what the players themselves put in.

Geez. Get a life.

Rant over.

I Am No Longer Accepting Friend Requests. All Friend Requests Will Be Declined.
Fordee09

MadameLee wrote:
DarkGamer7 wrote:

Woah, Woah, Woah...What's this about Catholics hating Homosexuals? I go to a catholic church (rarely) and there is plenty of Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual people there...the only group that hates Homosexuals are the proper christians who treat the bible like there family and why are you putting "differant" in speech marks...nobody is differant. Whether Gay, Straight, Black, White, Muslim, Athiest...we are all the same, we are all Human
and I have to sort of agree with Jarsie about DarkGamer bringing up the whole Christain's hate Gay People blah, blah, blah.
---
Now, frankiedoodle...Religing is to controversial...sorry to break you're dream, but it is and will never be in The Sims 3, 4, 5...EA wouldn't touch Religion with a ten foot pole

MadameLee

I didn't say all Catholics Christians are alike. But if people read the paper its mostly Catholics which get blamed for the anti-gay hate. http://gameolosophy.com/games/italy-unprecedented-controversy-b
ecause-of-a-gay-video-game/,
and there's also the link I posted earlier about Catholic schools not allowing gay-straight alliance. But I live by the motto "live and treat everyone equal.

But the question is what is normal anyway?

That's why people like Jarise9 and I suggest the podium and the soap box.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/05/12 01:07 AM

MadameLee

double post

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/05/12 12:56 AM

Simsister2004

06Bon06 wrote:Please help your self to older threads and see that they never turn out well.

Yes, some of them did. Civilized people are able to talk calmly about religion and politics - but religion in this thread and everywhere else without starting a war. Just to enlighten a bit: In The sims Medieval the "God" is YOU, the Watcher. It has NOTHING to do with religions as we know them. It's fun and fantasy, and yes, I want this in The sims 3 too. Make our sims worship the watcher (me).
Simsister2004

MadameLee wrote:google how much people hate sims medival and the sims 3.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/604342-/58613153

Madame Lee. Why do you read about hatred towards some wonderful games? those of us who indeed have played them, know what we are talking about, and I repeat: the Sims Medieval is a very fine and special sims game, which has a lot in common with The Sims 2 and 3. PLUS some interesting options for more adult players like killing off other sims by the sword or throwing them into the beast pit. But in fact you can kill sims in the other sims games as well.

Post Reply Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
Go to: