Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Patch 1.34 - Not maintained anymore  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
athena28115

it's ok I still have no clue...I have been having some problems anyway so I am just going to uninstall everythin and reinstall and not d/led the stuiped patch
aegirlie1995

I have unlocked and removed everything I could think of. I run a mac and I have made it the most unsafe piece of equipment out there. I have tried to update my game and I still can't. Everything I have found online is for PC only. What about us, the MAC user? If anyone figures it out please let me know. I also have pre-ordered the next pack and I seen that we need to have the update before using it. HELP
johnnajones

After i installed this new update i get the error, and before this update my game played perfectly fine no crashes no glitches.

Could you please help me i would love to be able to play my game again, before this update
qnoftheamazon

Giving a bump back to first page.

I don't know what to put here.
TheRazoredRaven

After I updated to the new content patch V 1.1 (the latest update) the game says I have no money though when I edit my town it shows I have over 200,000. Also those same characters I made earlier that day wouldn't show up in the squares (the squares with the characters faces)though before I updated I was having issues getting one of my characters to show up in the game and in the square after she was suppose to return after a free 2 day vacation. I'm going to try moving out then back in to see if that fixes the issues. Oddly my other characters are doing just fine (as far as I know) haven't seen anything missing on them.

Been playing the characters on Sims 3 Showtime, have no mods, and do use the testingcheatsenabled true cheat plus others to increase money, happiness, needs, and use the shift option on the mailbox in order to get jobs and force npc's.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 06/05/12 06:00 AM

MoonHarvest321

Heyy Can i please ask whats the difference between Incremental patch and super patch ?!! cuz incremental ones are A LOT smaller :o
crinrict

@aegirlie1995: The Mac Forum is your best shot (even if it's not a good option either). I have no clue about it but there are some knowledgeable people there. Sorry to not be of much help

@johnnajones: Any Core Mods installed ? http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/04/error-unofficial-game-modi
fication.html

@TheRazoredRaven: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/06/bug-sims-missing-from-the-
portrait-panel.html.
Sounds like game corruption.

@MoonHarvest321: The incremental patch only patches the difference between Patch A and Patch B (say you are on 1.33 now then the incremental patch 1.34 only adds the files that were changed. The super patch changes all the files and updates them to the new version (even if they are unchanged. Superpatch contains all regions and languages whereas the incremental one is only for a certain region. Usually you should be fine getting the incremental one unless you are currently not at the newest version or you have a file not found issue.

MoonHarvest321

So Incremental patch means:
From patch 1.33 > 1.34 (or 1.34 > 1.35 for example ?)
only move one patch to another !??
you need Super Patch to update more than one patch ! correct ?
so example i have patch 1.30 and want to go to the latest...i need superpatch ?
crinrict

Basically, yes. There might be incremental ones for lower patches as well. Maybe 1.32 to 1.34 or 1.31 to 1.34 but probably not if you are any lower than this (Those are not linked here, cause they are different from the 1.33 to 1.34 one)

xXDopeyXx

crinrict wrote:@xXDopeyXx: Use Save as instead of save for Error 16.

@SkyeNote: Do you just have the base game ? Is your disk clean ? Did you install anything else besides the patch onto your Computer ? Try restarting the Computer, maybe that helps

@Ria360:

1. You click on the little 1 on the lower portion of this thread to go to the first page of this thread
2. You read the second post as well as one a little further down about the issue.

Did you use the super patch ? Still unsure if you are using the download version or the DVD.

@MeaganJo: I get the occasional freeze. I'm beginning to think that the Showtime freezes have something to do with the EA servers being stressed out. Since it's patch day ...

And yes ... delete the .bad file.

I have already tried that still nto working((
crinrict

So you still get error 16 even with save as ? How much disk space do you have left on your drive ?

amelia94

Hi, I recently just updated my game to the 1.34 patch, and just when I entered live mode, the game crashes almost instantly!

I haven't played the game for while before the update but everything worked smoothly. I have a bit of CC before the update but I have re-installed the whole game due to the recent crash after the update and no more CC. Clean game. Then the game auto-updates to 1.34. The game STILL crashes everytime I enter live mode I could run everything on high before this and everything is fine before the update.

Can someone please help me? Is it the update? Because my computer's specs are more than adequate for the game to run.

I have base game and Late Night EP that's it.

sorry if this is the wrong section to ask but I'm really lost at the moment.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 06/05/12 12:52 PM

jwghost

brian96 wrote:T.T

My only issue now is that I have to remove all my mods and wait until they are updated. I am not spending time to re-install and patch to patch get back to 1.33. I sort of just blindly updated it and after it was all done I realized what I just did.

me too, I updated without having first removed the packages, I don't have these notable mods, but I have the no mosaic, sliders, skins (all non def), poses...

crinrict wrote:
@brian96: You need to reinstall the game and then manually patch to the patch you want. What's your issue ?

ouch I'll neeed to reinstall all the eps and sps again to redownload this patch? And if I reinstall I still be able to download the version 1.33 again or I'll lose it?

xXDopeyXx

crinrict wrote:So you still get error 16 even with save as ? How much disk space do you have left on your drive ?

365GB free out of 440GB

That must be enough surely? and if its not error 16 its either error 12 also saving issue or freezing or crashing?
crinrict

@amelia94: Sounds like a DEP crash. Did you do DEP ?

Since GEN the file ts3w.exe needs to be added.

If you still see issues also add the exe-files from the add-on. They look like this: ts3EPxx.exe and can be found in the bin directories of the EP.

Any Downloaded games are in the folder Origin Games instead of Electronic Arts.

Make sure to restart your Computer after every file you add to make sure it stays added.

@jwghost: Most mods are fine. NoMosaic might need updating but it's usually done fast. If not, get twallan's Decensor instead. I would not go through the ordeal of uninstalling just because of mods. I have not heard of any of them that need updating except Core Mods.

@xXDopeyXx: Sorry, thought you said 16. For 12 I need your DxDiag

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps below:

If you have Microsoft Windows XP:
1. Click the Start button on the Windows Taskbar.
2. Select Run.
3. Type dxdiag in the available text field.
4. Click OK.
5. Click Save All Information.

If you have Windows Vista/Win 7 and do not have a Run selection:
1. Right click the menu bar and select Properties.
2. Click the Start Menu tab.
3. Click the Customize button.
4. In the upper window, scroll down until you see the Run command and click the correlating check box.
5. Click OK.
6. Click Start.
7. Click Run.
8. Type dxdiag into the text field and click OK.
9. Click Save All Information.

Note: It is best to save the DxDiag file to the desktop or another easy located location so it can be quickly referenced when contacting Customer Support.

Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: