Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Supernatural Live Chat Q&A Follow Up  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Supernatural
SimGuruKarsky

Forum Follow Up Q&A
July 3, 2012

Hi Simmers!

I’ve been reading through all your great questions and thought it was time to check in and get some more answered. Going along with our grouping theme, we’ve selected three new topics to dive into and shed some light on what you can expect in The Sims 3 Supernatural. Below you’ll find the next set of your hot questions, answered!

We’ll be wrapping up this forum thread by the end of this week in our final posting. We love to see what you are excited about and will look forward to addressing more of your questions in our next Live Broadcast scheduled for early August. Stay tuned for more updates and details about this broadcast.

1. Can pets be supernaturals?
Zombie dogs or fairy kittens could make for a whole game itself! In The Sims 3 Supernatural, pets that you’ve created using The Sims 3 Pets will not take on supernatural abilities. However, witches that own a cat or one of the other “small animals” will gain special benefits such as having an increased skill with the wand, having an increased mood and having a slower drain on magic.

2. Can pets turn into zombies?
No, pets do not turn into zombies.

3. What’s new for ordinary Sims?
There are lots of new things for ordinary Sims to discover in The Sims 3 Supernatural. For instance, there are new traits to choose from such as ‘Supernatural Skeptic’ or ‘Supernatural Fan’ which will sway your Sims one way or another to either get along with supernatural Sims or want to steer clear of them. These traits create humorous new storylines that are fun to watch as your Sims fully embrace the unknown or try to ward them off.

In addition, ordinary Sims will have new interactions to choose from. Two of my favorites are ‘Ask to Protect’ or ‘Promise to Protect’ which allows Sims to lean on their fellow neighbors in case of an unwanted encounter with a supernatural Sim. I find these interactions fun additions to the game that enable you to create more dynamic relationships and tell more intriguing stories.

We have tons of new CAS clothing, build/buy objects and specialty items that can all be enjoyed by ordinary Sims. Sims can build their experience in alchemy by brewing a range of elixirs that have numerous effects. Ordinary Sims can also venture into a new career as a fortune teller or take a visit to the Traveler’s Wagon to have their fortune read.

Additionally ordinary Sims will live in the new town of Moonlight Falls with a rich landscape, mysterious new venues and a surprising new Lunar Cycle that will cause a stir in town and have strange effects on ordinary Sims with the onset of the full moon.

4. Can supernatural Sims have babies? If so, what will it be?
Your supernatural Sims are certainly able to create children! Whether it’s a relationship between two of the same supernatural Sims, two differing supernatural Sims or a supernatural Sim and an ordinary Sim, they will be able to start a family and have a baby.

The genetic system in The Sims 3 Supernatural works the same way as in The Sims 3 base game. The offspring of two of the same supernatural Sims will have a very high chance of inheriting the looks and traits of that supernatural type. The offspring of two differing supernatural Sims will have a chance of taking on the looks and abilities from one side of the family. The same goes for the offspring of supernatural Sims and ordinary Sims. The offspring will either have the looks and traits of the supernatural parent or of the ordinary parent.

All the above possibilities introduce new and compelling storylines to experience, making things around home a bit more mystical!
Susiechan

SimGuruKarsky wrote:Forum Follow Up Q&A
July 3, 2012

Hi Simmers!

I’ve been reading through all your great questions and thought it was time to check in and get some more answered. Going along with our grouping theme, we’ve selected three new topics to dive into and shed some light on what you can expect in The Sims 3 Supernatural. Below you’ll find the next set of your hot questions, answered!

We’ll be wrapping up this forum thread by the end of this week in our final posting. We love to see what you are excited about and will look forward to addressing more of your questions in our next Live Broadcast scheduled for early August. Stay tuned for more updates and details about this broadcast.

1. Can pets be supernaturals?
Zombie dogs or fairy kittens could make for a whole game itself! In The Sims 3 Supernatural, pets that you’ve created using The Sims 3 Pets will not take on supernatural abilities. However, witches that own a cat or one of the other “small animals” will gain special benefits such as having an increased skill with the wand, having an increased mood and having a slower drain on magic.

2. Can pets turn into zombies?
No, pets do not turn into zombies.

3. What’s new for ordinary Sims?
There are lots of new things for ordinary Sims to discover in The Sims 3 Supernatural. For instance, there are new traits to choose from such as ‘Supernatural Skeptic’ or ‘Supernatural Fan’ which will sway your Sims one way or another to either get along with supernatural Sims or want to steer clear of them. These traits create humorous new storylines that are fun to watch as your Sims fully embrace the unknown or try to ward them off.

In addition, ordinary Sims will have new interactions to choose from. Two of my favorites are ‘Ask to Protect’ or ‘Promise to Protect’ which allows Sims to lean on their fellow neighbors in case of an unwanted encounter with a supernatural Sim. I find these interactions fun additions to the game that enable you to create more dynamic relationships and tell more intriguing stories.

We have tons of new CAS clothing, build/buy objects and specialty items that can all be enjoyed by ordinary Sims. Sims can build their experience in alchemy by brewing a range of elixirs that have numerous effects. Ordinary Sims can also venture into a new career as a fortune teller or take a visit to the Traveler’s Wagon to have their fortune read.

Additionally ordinary Sims will live in the new town of Moonlight Falls with a rich landscape, mysterious new venues and a surprising new Lunar Cycle that will cause a stir in town and have strange effects on ordinary Sims with the onset of the full moon.

4. Can supernatural Sims have babies? If so, what will it be?
Your supernatural Sims are certainly able to create children! Whether it’s a relationship between two of the same supernatural Sims, two differing supernatural Sims or a supernatural Sim and an ordinary Sim, they will be able to start a family and have a baby.

The genetic system in The Sims 3 Supernatural works the same way as in The Sims 3 base game. The offspring of two of the same supernatural Sims will have a very high chance of inheriting the looks and traits of that supernatural type. The offspring of two differing supernatural Sims will have a chance of taking on the looks and abilities from one side of the family. The same goes for the offspring of supernatural Sims and ordinary Sims. The offspring will either have the looks and traits of the supernatural parent or of the ordinary parent.

All the above possibilities introduce new and compelling storylines to experience, making things around home a bit more mystical!

The 2nd Live Broadcast That's what I have been waiting for .

Thank you SimGuruKarsky

Fenris,the broody Elf
505Dude

Can only Witches cast spells and if so can you have hybrids like Werewolf Witches or something
davina1221

I have a very important question.

With all of the worlds from the EP's, store, and those from the exchange out, when will a slider be added to the world section of the launcher?

If you have too many then you can't see them all. I had so many from the places listed that I couldn't see or pick out Sunset Valley from my list.

This should've been corrected already. Will it be corrected with Supernatural?

No use in allowing downloadable worlds from the exchange if there is no way to view them all in a pick list on the launcher. Thanks for addressing this need in the game.
maxjor928

Location:♫ 'Cause though the truth may vary this, ship will carry our, bodies safe to shore ♫

Dedrea0531 wrote:
lawfamily wrote:
NicCool45 wrote:Two questions:

1: Can we have hybrids? For example, can a witch be a vampire, can a vampire be a zombie, can a zombie be a werewolf, can a werewolf be a vampire, can a vampire be a faerie, or even, can a sim be a faerie, a vampire, a witch, a zombie and a ghost, for example? If not, this is... disappointing.

2: In CAS, it was stated in the broadcast that we can directly create supernaturals, witches, vampires, werewolves, faeries, zombies and ghosts were insured, but what about the other expansion packs' supernaturals, like mummies, simbots, imaginary friends, unicorns and genies? If not... once again it's pretty disappointing.

1: There are no hybrids, you are either one or the other (Though they only used the example of a werewolf and fairy so there is a 10% chance it works with some others maybe?.
2: Nope.

I currently have a Genie/Vampire Hybrid in my game (child at the moment). She is blue, floats like a Genie, has the slept like the dead moodlet after she wakes and has the want vampires do when their thirst is down.

SN isnt even out... so how'd you get a Genie/Vampire Hybrid? Was it a leaked patch or something?

Edit: I know this post is old, but still, keeping a leaked patch or pirating the leaked EP could be illegal (the latter is definitely illegal)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/04/12 12:16 PM

Herro. Bye-Bye.
Susiechan

maxjor928 wrote:
SN isnt even out... so how'd you get a Genie/Vampire Hybrid? Was it a leaked patch or something?

Edit: I know this post is old, but still, keeping a leaked patch or pirating the leaked EP could be illegal (the latter is definitely illegal)

I don't think he/she need SN to make the genie/vampire hybrid. Genie came with Showtime and vampire came with LN. So yeah he/she can definitely get it

Fenris,the broody Elf
Pulversoppa

But maybe not for long. Sadly seems like the signs point towards hybrids being doomed from now on or when SN arrives =( But! I'll find out stuff next week. A tiiiny spark of hope is left that hybrids are not doomed, though unlikely.
dementor1213

I'm not sure if it's been asked, I haven't seen it around the forum so:

Will witches be able to freeze time like in AL? If so, am I right to assume it would just be on their lot? Since it would probably cause a ton of problems to freeze the whole neighborhood.

StilleWater

Haven't seen the video yet but I do wish they would expand on the alien and other UFO topic for the Lunar Lakes. Vampires, witches, ghosts and werewolves have been a plague to Sims since Sims 2 (I never played Sims 1, did it go back to there also?) But in Sims 2 the UFO was just like an after thought and Lunar Lakes would be the perfect forum, but it is just a Sims game, with little expansion to, except the topographical colors, trees and the special Knowledge tree. Maybe its time to Jetson up!
Robintreee

How would the Sims be able to protect themselves from zombies?

Like if your sim is asleep can a zombie just walk into your house like buglers?

And if so will the alarm go off and the police will come and kill it?

And if not is there a way to go and setting and turn off the zombies?

And the vampires do they have to befriend the person they are going to suck the blood with now?

And why are the fairies normal sized?
maxjor928

Location:♫ 'Cause though the truth may vary this, ship will carry our, bodies safe to shore ♫

Susiechan wrote:
maxjor928 wrote:

I don't think he/she need SN to make the genie/vampire hybrid. Genie came with Showtime and vampire came with LN. So yeah he/she can definitely get it

Sorry, didnt know that genies cam with Showtime. I'm well aware that vamps came with LN (since I have it) but still, he/she mentioned their vampire was a child. Child vamps do not have a thirst meter, so they cannot get the "thirsty" moodlet. Nor can they get the "slep like the dead moodlet when waking up, because they get "Had a good night's sleep." the only difference between Vampire children and humans is the skill gaining increase, not getting fatigued and the appearance.

Herro. Bye-Bye.
maxjor928

Robintreee wrote:How would the Sims be able to protect themselves from zombies?

And the vampires do they have to befriend the person they are going to suck the blood with now?

Most of these questions were answered already. Read through the previous posts. I'll tell you anyway

Yes, it comes with the limited edition and is called the peashooter.

No, I dont think so

No

Yes, they still do

They do have a Tinkerbell sprite form, as they answered in the Q&A video. So they are technically not normal sized.

Herro. Bye-Bye.
maxjor928

StilleWater wrote:Haven't seen the video yet but I do wish they would expand on the alien and other UFO topic for the Lunar Lakes. Vampires, witches, ghosts and werewolves have been a plague to Sims since Sims 2 (I never played Sims 1, did it go back to there also?) But in Sims 2 the UFO was just like an after thought and Lunar Lakes would be the perfect forum, but it is just a Sims game, with little expansion to, except the topographical colors, trees and the special Knowledge tree. Maybe its time to Jetson up!

They have population control, and no they are not going to add aliens.

BTW, sorry for the triple-post

Herro. Bye-Bye.
wickedchris247

i don't know if this has been answered/asked or not but someone said that you choose what creatures are allowed in each game at the start of a new game, if so will you be able to alter it still?
mylee407

maxjor928 wrote:
Robintreee wrote:How would the Sims be able to protect themselves from zombies?

Most of these questions were answered already. Read through the previous posts. I'll tell you anyway

Yes, it comes with the limited edition and is called the peashooter.

No, I dont think so

No

Yes, they still do

They do have a Tinkerbell sprite form, as they answered in the Q&A video. So they are technically not normal sized.

I don't remembered the bolded question being answered

I'n no wicked witch and neither is she: http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentI
d=443719

Post Reply Forum Index » Supernatural
Go to: