I do not have a solution for uninstalling Store content other than reinstalling all of them. If you have the issue, please post in the technical or Store technical section of this forum.
Please remove your mods before posting. Even if they say they are updated. You can only be sure something is a EA bug if you play a vanilla game.
There is no need for reading this whole thread but please check my posts on this first page if your issue has been reported and only post if you have extra info to add.
Remember that the patch will make your game 'EP' ready. Most of the bugs (unless they are specific to functionality of the EP) and fixes will also apply if you only have the patch and NOT the EP.
Please post the info asked in the second post and I'd appreciate it if you follow the rules
1. Please DO NOT VENT in this thread. If you are not happy with the game, post in another thread that most likely will pop up or start your own. I will need to read through all posts and venting will make me skip your post. Make your statement as calm and informative as possible.
2. Don't post things like: It doesn't work or I got an error message. I don't know how to help you with that. Describe as accurate as possible what you tried and what your problem is. Post any error messages you receive as you seem them (screen-shots are great)
3. Make sure that you have removed ALL your custom content, especially mods for they are most likely not compatible anymore. This also applies if you are only getting the patch. Check with the creators before putting them back.
4. You can also post your bugs/problems if you have not but the expansion but updated to the newest patch.
5. Please do not post any technical issues like crashes, graphic card problems or incompatibility messages. They go in the technical section of this forum and there are people there that can better help you than me.
6. Please read the compiled lists to see if anyone has posted before and if there's a solution to your problem. I will try to keep links so you can go to the post of the person for extra info but that might prove difficult if lots of people have the problem. If you have extra info to add, please do so. Also let me know if you feel that I have misinterpreted your post.
7. Also consult my blog at Crinrict's Sims 3 Help Blog to see if you are running into an old problem that already has a solution
8. You may also post any fixed bugs or solutions you might find.
9. Please do not link to another post if you have already posted somewhere else. Copy/Paste your post and add the link as extra info. This forum will probably be a pain to navigate again and if I don't have to go consult other threads to what might be your problem, that's a huge relieve.
10. Keep in mind that I'm in a different time zone than most of you guys. Be patient, I will try to answer anyone (except venting posts).
11. If you are replying to a question of mine, please quote your problem/my question or recap in short. It will help me tremendously if I don't have to go back to see what your problem was and I can't keep them all in mind.
12. Check your game if you have any old cc-framework leftovers and remove.
13. Please don't post: I don't have the time to read all this. I find that rather insulting because it tells me, you didn't even bother to read the first post. I'm taking MY time to help you guys out and I'm not compensated by EA for this so the least you can do is read the first few posts before making your statement.
14. Please do not edit your post to add extra info to it unless no one else has answered you. I'm not going back in reading the thread, so I might miss extra info. Simply make a new post and restate your issue.
15. Please also excuse if my answers are short and to the point. I usually have to cover a lot of ground and I can't be elaborate about everything. It's not meant in a rude way at all. I appreciate everyone that is taking part in this.
16. If you opened a thread on a certain issue you want linked, post the link in this thread and I will add it. Make sure there aren't any threads there yet.
17. If you feel that I'm not treating everyone in the same way, you're probably right. There are people that have been reporting since my first bug thread and others that are modders/creators themselves. I feel that I know when a bug report of those people is legit and when not, so I'll be quicker to add those compared to people I don't know at all.
18. Please use proper english and no text language. Also try to use punctuation where applicable and don't put everything in one paragraph. Those are very hard for me to read. I'm German speaking, so that would help me a great deal to understand what you are saying.
Make sure your Origin is up-to-date (if you are using it). If your Origin is not at that version and you are not prompted an update, you will need to uninstall and get the newest version here: http://www.origin.com/us/about
If you are experiencing crashes after load screen or after a few minutes of game play, it's most likely a DEP problem. The game has now a new .exe file in your base game folder. Make sure to add the following new files to your DEP:
TS3W.EXE in your base game\bin folder.
If you have technical issue, please post in any of these threads:
A word on Mods/Hacks It's ok to use them, I do too (I even recommend some of them), but please please, educate yourself about them. Don't just pop something in. There are many mods that conflict with each other and there are many mods that will be outdated with every patch (that's how it works).
Some of the mods need to be uninstalled in a special way but it will always tell you in the mod description if that is the case. So PLEASE read them and DO what it says.
Abbreviations used MC = MasterController: Mod by Twallan
SP = StoryProgression Mod: Mod by Twallan
CC = Custom Content: cloth, objects, hair, etc from third-parties you add to your game.
DEP = Data Execution Prevention: Windows security feature.
MTS = ModTheSims: CC Site
TSR = TheSimsResource: A CC Site
This message was edited 17 times. Last update was at 12/03/12 07:37 AM
How to find your post and my answer (only major posts)
To find your own post, make sure you write down the page you posted on. My answer is most likely in my next post.
salivacocktail suggests to set a bookmark for the thread and note the page numbers in the description. You can edit the description with more page numbers should you post more.
I'll be linking all my answer post in here, including page number.
If I said, I'll add, make sure it gets added. Search the first page to find your name and make sure I understood what you were trying to say. If you reported more than once, your name should appear next to each issue (except for the more common, smaller ones). If you're not happy with what I wrote, please restate your issue with all the info.
I can't help you properly if I don't have this info and it's a pain for all if I have to keep getting back to people.
1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?
2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)
4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ?
5. Do you have Seasons or just the Patch ?
6. Which Patch Level are you at ?
7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?
8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?
9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)
11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game.
Lagging/Freezing or any other issues of more technical nature
- What EPs do you own
- Some basic Info about your Computer (please NO DxDiag, they are too long for this thread). Processor, Amount of RAM, Graphic Card and Operating System (Mac, Win 7, Win XP, …) ?
- Do you have a 32 or 64 bit Operating System ?
- Do you use any Store Premium Content ? If so Which ones ?
- Some basic Info about your Computer (please NO DxDiag, they are too long for this thread). Processor, Amount of RAM, Graphic Card and Operating System (Mac, Win 7, Win XP, …), especially your graphic card
- Do you have advanced rendering on (Options - Graphics)
- What date has your graphic card driver
- If you are unsure where to find this info, read this: Finding Devices and Updating Drivers
--> Should be posted in technical.
This message was edited 34 times. Last update was at 12/03/12 07:34 AM
--> No need to report anymore you know a non-mod solution
--> This bug was confirmed to me by Graham on Twitter. We can expect a fix in a future update
--> This bug is fixed with Seasons installed but NOT for vacation towns.
--> Not fixed for some (killerpoet) ?
This bug is caused by the new alien abduction code. It is a patch only issue and will go away once you install Seasons.
It will only happen on user-directed usage of the telescope. Using it autonomously is working fine.
Twallan fixed that in Overwatch, V84 and higher but it can still cause crashing.
- Sims have Alien babies although there are already 8 Sims in the household (Rusalka)
- Alien offsprings are missing their voice (Terraspider)
- Downloaded Alien causes pregnancy to get stuck (meetkitty123)
- After an abduction, Sims get stuck on the toilet (SpiderCrowWolf)
- Same old gardening bug still exists (see SN Bug thread in the SN forum)
- Pre-Patch Planted plant disappear (spartan1, February11, elanorbreton)
- Unicorns make plants stop growing ? (Joolster)
- Onmiplants can't be harvested (janvel831)
--> Related to stuck plant in inventory ?
- No Pumpkin Pie recipe and no option to make it (Susiechan)
--> Happens to Sims with existing > 5 cooking skill (Sim can’t make Pumpkin Pie)
- Rain does not water the garden (EIisabetta)
- Plants never come out of dormant state (Penelope)
--> Restart the game
- Plants that were at harvest state before going dormant can't be harvested anymore (janvel831)
- Cooking a good meal after two burnt ones, makes food go bad very fast (killerpoet)
- No varieties in pancakes (killerpoet)
- Buffet table has no food in spite of taking the money (DEFGHIJK)
- Continue grilling icon does not go away (Lunellagirl)
- Food going bad faster than before (Rainbow2)
- Messed up relationship (Sontine84)
- Family hates mother without reason. Relationship bar reverts back when changed (mrsravenwiccan)
- Sims get constant calls to go on dates although in a relationship (janvel831, AgentTexas, Sozki, simsjessx)
- Sims get calls in the middle of the night (shaposh2012, marleyrobin, JimRothe)
- Attraction system does not take relations into account so you get calls from relatives (catloverplayer)
- Propose Marriage not appearing (existing issue that has been plaguing many for a long time but usually only affects a few sims. Happens now for all of them (franklear1980)
- Wedding arch has no options (franklear1980)
- Sims get calls from touring Simport Sims (shaposh2012)
- Cheating rep does not go away (Raye898)
- Sims are constantly getting gifts in the mail without a notice (siennaSTAR, Snapdragon)
--> Sims get gifted Omniplant, Bills and "missing object resource instance" objects that get stuck in the inventory (dothesmustle, shaposh2012, Conclue)
--> You can get gifts from the attraction system
--> Shimrod has made a mod to stop the date calls as well as the gifts that go with it. No Attraction Calls For Dates and Mailbox Gifts (You need to have an account at the Simsasylum for the link to work correctly)
- Gifts that are in the mailbox don't show up in the inventory (Witchiris)
- Mail box resets sims (kcronk1)
--> Stuck gifts ?
--> More Info: Mailbox doesn’t work.
- Sims only bring food to Gift Giving parties (catloverplayer)
- Parties never end (Rusalka)
- House too small for gift giving parties (Bafendo, xoxsashaxox, FrekiNGeri)
--> Does it need seating for every Sim (mirka999) ?
--> Space needed in the living room for the gifts. Move some furniture around.
- Not all Sims receive a gift at the gift giving party (ambler)
- Can't throw costume parties (Pardalote)
- At Feasts and gift giving parties, Sim show up with invisible objects (SimAddictBree, shaposh2012)
- Sims don't change into costumes (Mpain_13)
- Graduation not working in any of the rabbitholes (not bound to multiple ones) (Annadenise)
- Bladder motive does not get filled (Meglovin)
- Hot Dog eating contest does not fill hunger bar during the contest (only in the end) (DivaOfDarkness)
- Hot Dog eating contest makes hunger bar go randomly up and down (Corwim, crinrict)
- No Chill moodlet in spite of excessively being out in the cold in the wrong clothing (ShooterII)
- Spring Serenity Shower doesn't give Tranquil moodlet when taking bubble bath (Rainbow2, crinrict)
- Moodlets get stuck (2owls1lark)
- Big and small adventures repeat although already done (janvel831)
- Many Sims stuck in Walls in adventure worlds on starting up the world (janvel831)
- Does not seem to be possible to get pregnant on vacation anymore (JimRothe)
- Inventory gets messed up after returning from traveling (JimRothe)
- Chat does no longer work if two sims get back from traveling together (JimRothe)
- Fish still get lost in inventory, if you go home early (JimRothe, killerpoet)
- Tourist spawning (Augustsim)
- Firefighter alarm goes off before the Sim can leave (Karrterr)
- Taking measurement is missing on architect career (Allct222)
- Sims can't upgrade fire engine in the rain cause they won't put away the umbrella (Ladyceres)
- Broken Stylist Career ? Clothing does not pop up on the Styling Station (little0601780, anettesb, StellaLee, little0601780 and more in different forums around the Sims universe)
--> This issue is caused by a broken UI on non-english games. Install MasterController 105 or higher to fix.
- Globe collected in the junkyard gets stuck in inventory (Penelope)
--> Existing issue
- Only the base is visible on Ice Sculptures (enkeli63)
--> Solved by installing new beta graphic drivers
- IF doll vanishes (Karrterr)
- Tell Tale on the Daycare cancels itself (ladynirrti)
- Sim can't discover potion on lab table (xVee)
- Number of collected animals resetting and then not working (45rpm)
- Stretching on inactive animals when changing running directions (wecantpickaname)
- Invisible Cat (Rusalka)
- Stray use front door as if they lived there (Satelitte-Rule)
- Squirrels and Chipmunks never leave (rosahege)
--> related to raked leaves (rosahege)
- Horse has a blue color without being frozen (doldragirl)
- Dog gets stuck in driveway (killerpoet)
- Placing stuff on alchemy table makes it unusable (Zandyr_Kayne)
--> Probably existing bug
- Zombies 24/7 in vacation towns (janvel831)
- Casting Spells and using Voodoo Doll does nothing (janvel831)
Unclear if bugs / How does it work
- Only one Sim can see the profile of the other in Online Dating (catloverplayer, catloverplayer)
- Special holidays are a day later then marked in the calender (Conclue)
- Messages from married Sims on Online Dating (xoxsashaxox)
--> Might be on purpose. Seems to me it's for finding friends as well.
- Are inside plant in planters supposed to go dormant in Winter (Penelope) ?
- Why are plants dormant all spring just because there was one cold day ?
- Firefighters don't get holidays off (KatzMeowz)
- Hot beverages don't warm sims up (Sontine84, julienrob2004)
--> They do but not enough to make the icon go away. Every sip of a hot drink gives you a very small increase.
- Supernaturals can't skate - Cats get sick from humans germs (crinrict)
- Sims close their umbrella and then reopen it just as they are about to enter a building and then close it again (shaposh2012)
- Paparazzi are known for their inappropriate clothing, but it's pretty strange to see them literally chilling out in a swimsuit at the winter festival, with no apparent ill effects (shaposh2012)
- If you go to build/buy mode in winter the snow disappears. It is back to winter when you return to live mode (shaposh2012)
- Pets seem virtually unaffected by the weather, even sleeping outside in the rain and freezing cold (ldmarko)
- Dirty clothing each time the sims changes into outerwear and back (doldragirl)
- Lounge Chairs should have an option to get a sun tan. Sims get up too quickly (kari6041)
This message was edited 74 times. Last update was at 12/08/12 08:23 AM
--> By default it says it's disabled but it's not really so choose another option and then choose disabling again. Make sure to save the game as well
--> Check your options.ini file if you have this line: enablememories = 3. 3 should be for disabling completely.
- Nasty visual glitch associated with the seams between roads and accumulated snow. As if you can see through the terrain to what's beyond it (Conclue)
Make sure you update your sound drivers and delete the Cache files
Sim/Neighborhood Corruption Sim Corruption comes in all kinds of flavors and has been going on for a while. Sims get stuck (on objects, on beds, on each other), jump out of interactions, turn invisible and as a ultimate corruption you loose your UI. There's a loooong thread on the issue in the technical forum: Lags & Invisible, Frozen & Stuck Sims. I can't help out over there right now but there are lots of people with long time experience with the issue. You also find some info on it linked in the first post.
What can you do when it happens to you ? First thing you can try (if you are not opposed to mods that is) is try if Twallan's ErrorTrap or Overwatch can save anything. It's important that you are patch level 1.26 to use ErrorTrap. You might find ScriptErrors after that in your documents folder. Post them in Twallan's forum. He can help you out. NOT here, I can't really read most of them.
That didn't work If you are attached to your family/town, I would suggest, moving everything to a new town. Unfortunatly with the EA approach you loose all your relationships this way (you won't loose any skills this way). You could also use the Twallan's Porter to achieve the same AND keep your relationships.
Na, still nothing Then I would suggest, resetting your user data and start a brand new game. I can be hard, I know but sometimes it's the only way to still enjoy the game.
The corruption might come back after a while so I do recommend using Overwatch to prevent most of the causes of this corruption.
If really nothing helps at all, you might need to reinstall your game, clean your registry and defrag your computer.
Not fixed with Patch 1.42
- Gardening Bug
- Beehive Obsession
- Lunar Cycle still messing up (sam123) ?
- CAS created SN reverting back to Human
- Ghost Hunter Career ("Ghostly Presence" and "Angry Ghost Invasion" show no ghosts)
- Photobooth error
- Running/Sneaking bug also applies to ice/roller skating (Phantomrose90)
- Horse Galloping issue --> Still looks funny
- Fish not coming home from vacation
- Wedding Gifts
This message was edited 9 times. Last update was at 11/15/12 02:50 PM
- Issues with Lifetime Wishes --> Outdated memory mods. After loosing a LTW because of a Mod, you need to reapply in CAS
- Issues with Lifetime Rewards
- Issues with Jumping out of Actions
- Issues with missing skills
- Issues with missing Interactions
- Missing effects (namely fairy wings) --> NoMosaic, NoEffects - Zoom going crazy --> Scan for spirits increased - Elixir store is never open --> NoPaparazzi - Missing books --> Any book mods as well as new custom books such as the Harry Potter book (that's a mod too)
- Alchemy table and beehive jumping --> Mods that deal with ingredients.
- Sims reset when using the ice/roller skating rink (CherelleMason, Druscylla, fennellmr) --> Any skilling mod
- Empty food lists (Zagreus74, mandababy2003. MElSG0D and others)
--> Caused by KT's Store Fix and probably buy all food mods
--> Might have other reasons
Errors caused by Twallan's Mods
Twallan updates frequently. Make sure you have the newest version
- Sims get stuck while skating (EatChees)
--> Related to GoHere
- Sims can't swim in the ocean. Interaction gets canceled
--> Related to OW, ET and MC. Affected games probably can't be saved
- Sims can't throw parties
--> Related to MasterController
- Festival never comes to town
--> Related to ErrorTrap. Replace the festival lot from the bin.
This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 11/25/12 10:14 AM
I have just installed the patch then went to run my game but it won't load the screen just goes blank then it says the game is not responding..I don't have many downloads so that shouldn't be a problem.
I now have even tried running the game without custom content but didn't work :/
Would be grateful for any help.
This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/29/12 06:21 PM
Joined: 08/28/09 11:48 PM
Location:I jumped down a hole chasing a white rabbit...
I'm sorry if this isn't the right place to post (seems like it is though)
I'm getting "update error: file not found" at the end of the patch download.
I even went to your site to download the super patch but it won't install.
No mods or cc, I have never used mods or cc. I have store content. My last update came with Supernatural. I had to wait to buy the game as the same thing happened with patch 1.39. I currently have 1 saved game file in Sunlit Tides. The sims I'm playing in Sunlit Tides are new. I'm on a win 7 pc. and I have the dvd verison of the game.
Thank you in advance. ~Sarah~
edit: I also get the unable to connect to orgin error on my launcher. I've had that for as long as I can remember
This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/29/12 06:55 PM