Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Telescope not working?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Pretoda

Location:In front of my laptop with a cat shoved in front of my face.

Ok I have been playing for awhile and have always had a working telescope. I have downloaded some Exchange CC stuff but I still did it after that so I know it's not that. For some reason now it seems not to work. My sim will start the action and then she jumps to behind it like it wasn't even clicked. I think it's a glitch that came about because I'm about to get Seasons. Since there are some alien action associated with it. I could be wrong though so I was wondering if anyone is having trouble using the telescope?

Please click this link it will explain all about Terms for University!

http://tinyurl.com/Term-Explanation
xSexyWafflesx

I'm having a similar issue. I have the base game, all up to date, no EPs or SPs, just a few items downloaded from the store here. I started a new save file, and when I got my girl a telescope and had her use it, she starts to use it, and then pops about 3 grid squares to the left of the telescope. It does it every time she tries to use it. I ended up just selling the telescope, but I've never had the issue before either. I have a windows 7 computer, no off-site CC, (can't figure out how to add it anyhow.) and as I said, the game is up to date with no EP/SPs.

I'd like if this issue was resolved, but for now, I just don't own a telescope.
Gaeaskye

Same deal, I didn't have it happen until I downloaded Sim Supernatural. Please help.
LaBlue0314

Did you by chance get the 1.42 patch? If you did, that is why the telescope is not working, the same thing for analyzing space rocks. I will also let you know, once you install Seasons to your game, that EPs will fix those things.

Zhalk

LaBlue0314 wrote:Did you by chance get the 1.42 patch? If you did, that is why the telescope is not working, the same thing for analyzing space rocks. I will also let you know, once you install Seasons to your game, that EPs will fix those things.

... But it does have flaws of it's own

- Misa

In the end all you really need is a hug
LaBlue0314

Zhalk wrote:
LaBlue0314 wrote:Did you by chance get the 1.42 patch? If you did, that is why the telescope is not working, the same thing for analyzing space rocks. I will also let you know, once you install Seasons to your game, that EPs will fix those things.

... But it does have flaws of it's own

I'm sorry, you lost me.

Zhalk

Seasons fixes as well as break things

- Misa

In the end all you really need is a hug
sims3elb

Location:Reading The Mortal Instruments and listening to pop punk.

I have the same issue with the sims popping up 3 squares to the right, but mine is whenever my sims hires a singer, they start singing and then they do the glitch. It's so fudging annoying!
MrsUEAKCrash

I have the same problem with my telescope. Hopefully they update it, because I have no idea when I'll be able to get Seasons. I had 8 ppl in my house so I would set the one (who's wishes were to find stars, explore the galaxy...) to use the telescope. I would see him start and go to take care of the other sims. Everytime I came back he was not on the telescope and none of his wishes were fulfilled. Finally I watched him and only him, sure enough, glitch! Ugh!
LaBlue0314

MrsUEAKCrash wrote:I have the same problem with my telescope. Hopefully they update it, because I have no idea when I'll be able to get Seasons. I had 8 ppl in my house so I would set the one (who's wishes were to find stars, explore the galaxy...) to use the telescope. I would see him start and go to take care of the other sims. Everytime I came back he was not on the telescope and none of his wishes were fulfilled. Finally I watched him and only him, sure enough, glitch! Ugh!

I ended up doing a complete uninstall/reinstall because the 1.42 patch had made my game nearly unplayable. The routing issues is what is driving me a little nuts.

amandacolene

is this still broken? even w/ no custom content or mods my sims can't use the telescope. they'll go to do it then jump a few tiles away. so frustrating.

check out my simblr! www.sims-junkie.tumblr.com
ANGE17810

Not sure why, but my Sims are not able to use a telescope. Once they start to use one, they get kicked off of it somehow. Are there any fixes for this????? On top of things, there are no options to analyze the space rocks I collect, so i just end up selling them. Is there something I'm missing?
DarkAmaranth1966

Tha jumping is a soft reset. It is SUPPOSED to happen when a sim tried to do something that is not allowed by the game but, the action is allowed, just not on that object or in that location.

It can also happen if the object or the sim, or the lot or town has been corrupted.

Moving the object, buying a new one, resetting the sim all might help.

Moving the lot to the bin and back, or to another lot in town might help and, moving the sim to a new town might help as well.

ceejay402

ANGE17810 wrote:Not sure why, but my Sims are not able to use a telescope. Once they start to use one, they get kicked off of it somehow. Are there any fixes for this????? On top of things, there are no options to analyze the space rocks I collect, so i just end up selling them. Is there something I'm missing?

hey ANGE17810, so i believe this problem was fixed with a more recent patch. what is your game patch? hover cursor over first icon at the bottom of the launcher, the latest is 1.50....

ANGE17810

My current patch is 1.42.

Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: