Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
game STUCK because of social worker situation - a definite glitch. HELP!  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
bab1028

I (on purpose) had 2 of my babies taken away by the social worker. It was at least a month ago (Sims time). The parents mood was bad for awhile, but everything is fine now.

Here's the problem: when I go to 'edit town' to play my other families, it won't let me. I get a pop up in the game saying "you can not edit town when social worker is removing someone from your household" (even though that happened almost a generation ago)... so basically I am STUCK with the same family and I can't get out of the game!

I have tried everything and this is definitely a glitch that I need assistance with.

Your help is appreciated.
reignofjerm

I am having the same issue. The Social Worker was supposed to come and drop off a new memeber for my household. The Social Worker's car pulls up, and no one get's out. Now it's been 2 weeks, and the Social Workers car is still outside, and I can't do anything because it keeps saying "You cannot Edit Town while the Social Worker is dropping off a new member of your family". My whole town is basically locked because of this Glitch.

If anyone knows how to get rid of the Social Worker, please help........
SimGuru_BGY_11

Hi there.

It sounds like this glitch may have corrupted your saved games.

Try this procedure for retrieving your backup save games:

1.) Go to: My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Saves
2.) You will see a list of your game saves, one "regular" save, and one backup
3.) Simply delete the corrupted file and then right click the backup file and choose "rename"
4.) Remove the .backup portion of the file name and your save will be restored to the most recent backup.

Thanks to Chase_Paynce for deriving this solution!

Regards,

-Big Guy-

Pedigru

To reset a Sim which is frozen in an animation and/or inactive.

Open the cheat console: CRTL + SHIFT + c
Type: testingcheatsenabled true
Then type: resetSim <firstname> <lastname>

Once the Sim is reset and working as intended turn off testing cheats.

Open the cheat console: CRTL + SHIFT + c
Type: testingcheatsenabled false
DarkAmaranth1966

Reset affected sims, including the babies taken by social worker. Use moveobjects on to delete the car. See if that clears it up.

Devoni78

I'm having the same issue, the social worker is stuck in my living room. I tried both the "solutions" above, and neither worked. Any other thoughts? I did the reset for the actual sim, and it allowed me to ask him to "join" activities, but nothing else happened.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/21/09 01:33 AM

ricslady99

I had this happen to me and I used resetsim "social workers name" and they got in their car and left.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/21/09 02:23 AM

reignofjerm

Thanks for all the advice.

I tried the backup, but because I played for another hour after the Social Worker first showed up, my backup was made about 30 min after the save file was made so it restored me to soon after the Social Worker's car showed up.

I tried Reset Sim, but I don't know the Social Workers name. Here were the sequence of events:

1. Called to Adopt a Child
2. Social Worker's Car pulls up
3. No one get's out the car.

So it isn't that the Social Worker is stuck IN my house, he's stuck AT my house. He's not walking around, or stuck by a peice of furniture, he's just not there at all.

I tried Move Objects, but it won't allow me to delete or move the Social Workers car. It just tells me that "No Interactions Available for Object".

Any other suggestions? I tried to ask EA Support, and he told me that I needed to go buy the Strategy Guide (even gave me the link to Prima's Website).
Devoni78

I gave up and just deleted the town. Sucks, but oh well!!
LeekSoup

Sigh. I'm having problems too. Apologies beforehand for the book.

I was working on making a character from a book, who was supposed to have a cat and a unicorn. I made the unicorn on create a horse and merged the animals in, but had given him a horse beforehand. I'd accidentally deleted the horse (which has the same name as the current unicorn) but I've never had a problem with doing this before so I left it. It still shows the horse in the family pic on the loading screen but other than that, it's nowhere to be found, so I don't think that's really my problem but it could be.

While upping my unicorn and sim's jumping/riding skills, the cat got a little neglected and got taken away, but it was a few real-life minutes before I realised that the van I saw had been the social worker's van (I'd never seen it before), since I was watching TV while playing. When I noticed they were gone, I tried to go to edit town without saving as a quick way to get out of the house and get the animals back, but it gave me the error that I couldn't do that while a sim was taking away the animals. The social worker's animal van was gone by the time I left, so I have no idea what her name was.

1) I tried deleting the backup. That didn't work, it had already backed by the time I'd noticed.

2) I tried just copying the neighborhood in the hopes that would somehow work.

3) Just in case, I also tried the solution from this thread: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/474727.page

4) I even tried making a copy of the neighborhood, guiltily neglecting the animals until the social worker finally showed up and took them away again. I tried resetting that sim's name after she took them be cause I still got the error after they were gone, but that didn't work either, so I don't know.

I'm really upset, since that's the neighborhood I've been playing since I got the Sims 3 the day it came out and it's been a few months since I've packaged any lots/families, and there was one or two particular ones I loved that I'd been working on before this property. I could cry.

TL;DR: Happened to me. Tried every solution I could find on-line. Didn't work. FML
Phasmatis

Have you tried Resetsim *
You don't need the name of the sim.
This resets every sim in your town to a neutral position.
(Remember to add the * or else it wont work)
steph_444444

reignofjerm wrote:Thanks for all the advice.

I tried the backup, but because I played for another hour after the Social Worker first showed up, my backup was made about 30 min after the save file was made so it restored me to soon after the Social Worker's car showed up.

I tried Reset Sim, but I don't know the Social Workers name. Here were the sequence of events:

1. Called to Adopt a Child
2. Social Worker's Car pulls up
3. No one get's out the car.

So it isn't that the Social Worker is stuck IN my house, he's stuck AT my house. He's not walking around, or stuck by a peice of furniture, he's just not there at all.

I tried Move Objects, but it won't allow me to delete or move the Social Workers car. It just tells me that "No Interactions Available for Object".

Any other suggestions? I tried to ask EA Support, and he told me that I needed to go buy the Strategy Guide (even gave me the link to Prima's Website).

By zooming in and placing the camera properly to be inside the car, put your cursor over the social worker to see his/her name, and use that for the resetsim cheat.
LeekSoup

Phasmatis wrote:Have you tried Resetsim *
You don't need the name of the sim.
This resets every sim in your town to a neutral position.
(Remember to add the * or else it wont work)

You're a life saver, thank you! I'm going to go package and back everything up now.
irene485

what do you do when your installing a sims3 game and it says(select a volume where thesims3.app is already installed)

Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: