Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Quick question about gift-giving for anyone who knows...  XML
Forum Index » Seasons
alexspoom13

Do you get to choose where the gift pile goes? My legacy house is massive and I really want to make sure my Sims open their presents in the front room.

clynnc19

I would like to know this too. I have a room that I only use for parties and would like my Sims to put all their gifts there.

Taylacfc

hmm good point id like tht too i think we would be able too but i'd like to know same i want it in the front room too

go taylor swift
PixieStix

Not 100% sure... as well I don't have it yet! but from what I understood about it there is like a special rug were the gifts will be put, so I guess either you place it yourself or get the option to select via clicking the floor where you want it to go.

Hopefully one of the nice people who already have it might be able to tell us if they aren't too absorbed by the game to post

aprilcolburn

I keep being told that my house is not large enough to hold a gift pile even when I clear out my front room:/

Does anybody know the actual size of the gift pile?
piratekitag

It's not that big, the size of a medium rug-maybe?

When my sims had a gift giving party the rug with the presents was placed in their garage, I moved it to the living room and added a lot of couches(everyone needs to sit before they will start opening presents so either; don't invite a lot of people or make sure you have enough seating)

Here is what the pile looked like before the guests came/started adding to it:

And after all the gifts were added:

sunnydays44

It appears in a random location in your house, but you're able to move it in build/buy mode to the location you want it.
mandapip2

mine keeps telling me that there isnt enough room, even though i have went through and expanded and cleared every room in the house. Anyone have a suggestion of a fix?
betty_me13

sunnydays44 wrote:It appears in a random location in your house, but you're able to move it in build/buy mode to the location you want it.

This!

briansimpson

I never have enough room either. I've tried three separate times to have a gift-giving party and it never happens. I built a large, castle-type house for my family. The foyer is pretty massive and grand with two staircases and all that jazz. I tried to have it there the first time, as there's a sitting area with a fireplace. No dice. When Snowflake Day came around again, I remodeled the foyer drastically to make even more room. I took out a staircase and added more seating, removed the rugs, replaced the chandelier-style lights with wall sconces...no dice. The third time I built a whole new addition to the house, with nothing in it but seating and a tiny bit of wall decor. The open space in the middle was probably 8x8 if not 10x10. And I invited far less people. I had seating for twice the amount of people...and still no party. I even changed the roof on that part of the house to be higher and peaked instead of flat like the rest of the castle. It's kind of my only gripe about Seasons - the gift giving party is kind of vague. It doesn't really give you any instruction on HOW MUCH room to clear out, or tell you that you need enough seating. For some reason I just can't hold one. It just tells me, "Hope you like regular house parties, because that's what you got!" Argh.
asterravos

briansimpson wrote:I never have enough room either. I've tried three separate times to have a gift-giving party and it never happens. I built a large, castle-type house for my family. The foyer is pretty massive and grand with two staircases and all that jazz. I tried to have it there the first time, as there's a sitting area with a fireplace. No dice. When Snowflake Day came around again, I remodeled the foyer drastically to make even more room. I took out a staircase and added more seating, removed the rugs, replaced the chandelier-style lights with wall sconces...no dice. The third time I built a whole new addition to the house, with nothing in it but seating and a tiny bit of wall decor. The open space in the middle was probably 8x8 if not 10x10. And I invited far less people. I had seating for twice the amount of people...and still no party. I even changed the roof on that part of the house to be higher and peaked instead of flat like the rest of the castle. It's kind of my only gripe about Seasons - the gift giving party is kind of vague. It doesn't really give you any instruction on HOW MUCH room to clear out, or tell you that you need enough seating. For some reason I just can't hold one. It just tells me, "Hope you like regular house parties, because that's what you got!" Argh.

Is the house enclosed by a fence? That was my problem despite it saying there was no space. I deleted the gate and the fence there and now have no issues throwing gift giving parties.

stilljustme2

So you have to look around for it? I wasn't told I have no room, and I've got a space already cleared for it (I had the Seasonal Marker remove the coffee table so the rug could be placed there). My guests are starting to arrive and bringing food, but I haven't found the gift-giving rug yet.

secretuk1965

it comes auto but you can move it but my sims are only on a 20x20 lot there home isn't big but there living room allways get the gift giving rug and they all ways invite a few people i had 7 at last plus my family, dinning room is combined with living room so they sat on any chairs going, dinning area chess tabble chairs and there couch, some on floor infront of the rug to.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 11/29/12 02:27 AM

stilljustme2

I have 5 in my family (one's still a baby) so I decided to just invite six people -- Bert and Ella Alto (Bert's an elder, Ella's still a YA), Andrew and Jewel Song, Star Shue and Oxqa Ne'Xafughos who is the "father" of the family's alien baby born from the male Sim getting impregnated.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/29/12 02:53 AM

arshiadeljavan

i dont understand it says you dont have enough space!!!!
my house is built in 5 stories and has like every thing an i have a massive separate room for parties that got like tons of space in middle for partying!!!!
you could build a 3 bed house in that space still says not enough space!!!
and the lady there said she deleted the fence and the gate... i cant do that cuz like both of my sims are 5 star celebs so paparatzys will be all over the house

Forum Index » Seasons
Go to: