Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Minor annoyances with Seasons  XML
Forum Index » Seasons
klsypam28

I've been playing for two days and all in all I love this EP, even with these annoyances, it's still my favorite pack aside from WA. With that said, I have noticed a few things that could be glitches or maybe they were intentional?

1) The rain outside doesn't water my garden. My plants still turn brown during the rainiest of days until I water them manually or use a sprinkler. Seems silly to turn on a sprinkler during a downpour, but okay, whatever

2) Indoor potted plants are still dormant if you plant them in the winter. However if they are planted inside during spring, summer or fall, they will continue to live through winter, but the leaves still turn frosty white.

3) I've noticed the third sim to join an eating contest always wins. At least in my game, I've been trying to figure out how to time my sims arrival so they are the third person.

4) My umbrellas only last about three days, then they look shredded and my poor sim gets soaked. There is no way to fix or repair damaged umbrellas, I just have to buy new ones every week.

5) There are WAAAYY to many date invites to my married sims! My poor happily married mother sim is harassed daily for dates, and her single sister, an adult living with her never gets a single call even though she has more friends than the married mother of 2! And the online dating guys are usually in relationships, so the sister is out of luck there as well. Yeah, I know a little like real life, but seriously, really??

Last, When single sims give birth, the baby doesn't have the father listed on the family tree.

I'm sure there are more issues that will pop up in time, but I've played through all sesaons, and so far these are just the things I've noticed that somewhat annoy me, but not enough to make me stop playing!

TheFairyBug

Yikes! I may want to wait for the next patch release before buying Season. Aw, who am I kidding -- I'll get it as soon as I can. But, still! What a nightmare.

julienrob2004

The sprinklers are no problem . just get a sim with a high enough handiness skill to make them auto watering and forget about them forever . Thats always the first thing i do when placing a sprinkler as i can never remember to turn them on and off each day

The constant phone calls even without Seasons installed bugs me from sims i do not know or care about wanting to ask my married adult sim out on dates . I hope EA fix this in a patch ot Twallen mods it soon

SMILE . You may not realise how bad everything is. But it sure annoys all the grumpy people and makes you feel better .
GurlGamer05

I've noticed the umbrella issue. I haven't had the eating contest issue. My sim ws the first one at the eating contest and he won lol.

CuddlyBun

A sim with the handiness skill can upgrade the umbrellas, but I wish they lasted longer than they do without the upgrade.

4thefunofit4

I'm having issue number 5 but in reverse. Only married sims want to date my single sims. I know some of the married townies wives are not lookers but come on! That's just rude! lol

FatCat

"Indoor potted plants are still dormant if you plant them in the winter"

Indoor potted plants?
Plant them yourself?

I didn't even know sims can do this
Please tell me how

My little annoyance is that when your sim finds another sim attractive (in a room full of sims or on a fair)
it doesn't say anywhere which sim it is (so my sim can take action
Unless I'm missing something?

My second little annoyance.
My young adult sim's first attraction?
An old geezer :/
Actually, I hate that.

AmbaAesthetic

I know for a fact that rain is supposed to water outside plants as I tweeted this question to one of the Guru's..

Not sure about the rest as I haven't got the game yet as I live in the UK

rbridges430

LOL at the umbrella and harassing calls! Same here.
I"m starting to silence and ignore calls lol.
If the call is for an oppurtunity, it'll pop up

CimaraNyx1

FatCat wrote:"Indoor potted plants are still dormant if you plant them in the winter"

Indoor potted plants?
Plant them yourself?

Please tell me how

You use those planters that are listed under, I think, decoration/plants. It looks like a plain brown dish.

I tried to make my own greenhouse and keep my plants alive all winter, but cannot use the sprinkler because it leaves a mess on the floor, which wouldn't bother me except it never just dries up on its own..it has to be mopped up. Bonehilda will only mop up one or two tiles at a time and then she gets bored or something cause she ends up running off to flirt with the mirror or some other random thing.

I'm really not into plasma fruit. You, however, look like a sanguine snack.
kcronk1

rbridges430 wrote:LOL at the umbrella and harassing calls! Same here.
I"m starting to silence and ignore calls lol.
If the call is for an oppurtunity, it'll pop up

I barely get opportunities at all anymore. Anyone else notice this?
julienrob2004

CimaraNyx1 wrote:
FatCat wrote:"Indoor potted plants are still dormant if you plant them in the winter"

Indoor potted plants?
Plant them yourself?

Please tell me how

You use those planters that are listed under, I think, decoration/plants. It looks like a plain brown dish.

I tried to make my own greenhouse and keep my plants alive all winter, but cannot use the sprinkler because it leaves a mess on the floor, which wouldn't bother me except it never just dries up on its own..it has to be mopped up. Bonehilda will only mop up one or two tiles at a time and then she gets bored or something cause she ends up running off to flirt with the mirror or some other random thing.

ah i have never tried using the sprinklers indoors

SMILE . You may not realise how bad everything is. But it sure annoys all the grumpy people and makes you feel better .
latricenl77

Hello,

You are lucky you only have "minor" annoyances. Nothing is working right for me and I can't find the game guide anywhere. Yes; I checked my computer specs! Before anyone ask that obvious question. I feel in love with Sims3 because it was my release, now it is my pain. Ugh....wish I knew what to do to get back to my happy place.
klsypam28

4thefunofit4 wrote:I'm having issue number 5 but in reverse. Only married sims want to date my single sims. I know some of the married townies wives are not lookers but come on! That's just rude! lol

LOL It's very annoying
faytheful

My sims Apple & banana tree turned red - He's in lucky palms, none of the other trees have turned red. Red banana/apple trees ???
His current season is Fall 3 days left until spring.
He keeps getting cold & the plants have become dormant.
I thought plants only become dormant in the winter.
I'm only allowing Spring, Summer & fall in his world, not sure if that's why it's acting like its winter already.
The rain doesn't water the plants, he has to water them himself - strange.
Glad I read this thread didn't know about the umbrellas, will look out for that.
He's a level 9 handiness so I will see if there's an option to upgrade the umbrella for him.
Meanwhile trying to find more information on dormant plants & that's how I found this thread.
Also wanted to add it progressed from phone calls for dates to love notes which are getting ridiculous ! My sim is feeling a wee bit stalked.
He's new to the town & hasn't met many other sims so they can't call him for dates because he never met them, but he got invited to a party & my big mistake was letting him go. After that party every female sim was writing him love notes !

Just found this thread - it helped me - maybe it will help someone else
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/610387.page

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 11/18/12 12:35 AM

Forum Index » Seasons
Go to: