Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Glow in the dark Umbrella? Where?  XML
Forum Index » Seasons
chiefmini1989

How do you get the glow in the dark umbrella?
chococat9

Location:I'm sittin' at a bar on the inside. Waitin' for my ride on the outside...

A sim with handiness skill can upgrade the umbrellas.

GothicViper

You can then turn on the glow and change the colour ^_^

Sims 3 Seasons: http://tinyurl.com/c8ktor5
Check out my new club http://tinyurl.com/884thyv
Alisox

I believe it's from upgrading an umbrella. It think it requires a pretty high skill. My sim tinkered on an umbrella with 5 or 6 handiness skill and made it unbreakable.

In my opinion, unbreakable is far more useful for the umbrella, though not as cool looking I will admit...

chococat9

Location:I'm sittin' at a bar on the inside. Waitin' for my ride on the outside...

Yeah, without unbreakable you're replacing umbrellas every few days. I'm not sure, but it seemed like you could only have one upgrade on the umbrella. Like you have to choose between unbreakable and looking freaking awesome.

eliwood_sain

The glow isn't even big. It's only on the main shaft of the umbrella. The canvas is still the same.

Celebrating over 10 years of the Sims

All of Sims 1 save Hot Date
All XPs of Sims 2
All XPs of Sims 3 + OLS
LaBlue0314

chococat9 wrote:Yeah, without unbreakable you're replacing umbrellas every few days. I'm not sure, but it seemed like you could only have one upgrade on the umbrella. Like you have to choose between unbreakable and looking freaking awesome.

I wished you could do both. I am forced to do the unbreakable, because those things just don't last very long.

Alisox

chococat9 wrote:Yeah, without unbreakable you're replacing umbrellas every few days. I'm not sure, but it seemed like you could only have one upgrade on the umbrella. Like you have to choose between unbreakable and looking freaking awesome.

Any item can only have one upgrade at once. It's a pain but kind of understandable.

chococat9

Alisox wrote:

Any item can only have one upgrade at once. It's a pain but kind of understandable.

I understand the one upgrade per item thing, but they didn't have to make the umbrellas break so often that they're pretty much useless without the unbreakable upgrade.

Alisox

chococat9 wrote:
Alisox wrote:

I understand the one upgrade per item thing, but they didn't have to make the umbrellas break so often that they're pretty much useless without the unbreakable upgrade.

I'm wondering if how quickly they break will be tweaked in a patch, because it really can't be as they intended this way.

chococat9

Alisox wrote:
chococat9 wrote:
Alisox wrote:

I'm wondering if how quickly they break will be tweaked in a patch, because it really can't be as they intended this way.

Gosh, I hope so bc as is it's not worth it to waste your time with the glow upgrade/customize your umbrella pattern to have it break in a day.

zyryx

My umbrellas break almost immediately, a couple of in game hours.What's the variable here, wind?
KarenStew3

I don't think they intended the umbrella's to break so often either. Is it happening in everyone's game? I so far have not had any issues with my umbrella's. I have not had to replace my sim's umbrella's yet. I hope I don't end up having this issue. It would drive me crazy. It seems like it is very frustrating.

EIisabetta

Mine seem to vary. Some lasted longer than others. I had one break after one use. I got umbrellas for all my sims in one family, laid them out, had my handy sim upgrade them all to unbreakable (it doesn't take long really) and then handed them to each family member so I don't have to worry about them.

Which reminds me. Had twins, need to get their umbrellas.

Forum Index » Seasons
Go to: