Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Weather & Gnomes - Question  XML
Forum Index » Seasons
DivaOfDarkness

Achievement Questions

1. How do I make a Sim freeze to death (not just freeze and die of hunger while frozen)

2. How do I get the achievements for Seasonal Gnomes (collect all 4)?

Read this:

I tried having my Sim freeze to death and changed the weather to as low as 0 (F) through testingcheatsenabled true. Unfortunately I was unable to kill him. While on free will he would change clothes to warmer clothes, and would try to eat. While frozen for over 2 days straight, he wouldn't die during the winter.

I bought all Seasonal Gnomes with tickets from different festivals and once they were all in my inventory I put them on my lot. No achievement was earned.

DivaOfDarkness

Bump
Loulou8989

Bumps for you X

'What do tigers dream off, when they take a little tiger snooze, Do they dream of malling zeebra, or hallie berry in her cat women suit?'
DivaOfDarkness

so... nobody knows

jwghost

bump. I did the same with the gnomes, bought all of them, it gave me a lot of work to get the tickets :/ no badge! how I'm supposed to collect those gnomes? how?

but to have a sim freeze to death he needs to stay frostbitten and with a very low hunger bar, I did it, then he died of cold.

TheFairyBug

I dunno. BUMP.

Anmirla

I don't know about freezing to death because I haven't been able to try again. I'm thinking if i get too desperate, I will see if the correct moodlet is in the Master Control list and try to force a death.
It wasn't an easy task in TS2 either (well, naturally anyway ).

Buying the Gnomes will not trigger the badge.
The Summer Gnome is the last one I have left to "find". Apparently, the temperature must be at least 95 degrees F and you must do Summer activities. Setting off fireworks is supposed to increase the chances of one appearing.
The Fall Gnome was in my Sim's inventory after going through the Haunted House.
I built many a snowman/snow angels and the Winter Gnome finally appeared on my lot.
Gardens and romantic interactions help summon the Spring Gnome.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/22/12 01:15 AM

NeyaQueenofBacon

I went looking for what these little gnomes look like and I found a post with this information. Hope this helps. They even had the source link in the post.

Seasons Gnomes.

♦ Cracklin Nakerbell (Fall) – This gnome can be found after a night of Trick or Treating, or a scary survival in the Haunted House. They also spawn on lots that have a Scarecrow.

♦ Bucktooth Butternut (Spring) – This gnome is found on a residential or commercial lot that has a beautiful garden arrangement, and even on a lot that spawns wildflowers. They also spawn during Egg Hunts.

♦ s-GNOME-man Bittertotter (Winter) – When you build a snowman on your home lot or in the park, chances are this little guy appears. There is also a good chance of him showing up on Snow Days when the town is buried in snow!

♦ Brawn Brawn G’nome (Summer) – Wherever there are Fireworks, Barbecue’s & Pool Parties is where this gnome loves to be. Party on!

♦ Evil Gnome (Year-round) – Ever explore the catacombs and come out with a regular happy gnome? Well now there is a chance you will come out with the Evil Gnome! These little mischievous creatures can cause havoc in your home and disrupt your beauty sleep. They will un-set your bed, kick down your trash, and even give you a Gnitemare! Be aware of your surroundings when you sleep! (The chances of you finding this gnome increases when you have enemies, or carry the Evil trait).

Source: http://simsvip.com/game-guides/sims-3-seasons/

Maybe you need the "Evil Gnome" as well to count as one of the seasonal gnomes. Just a wild guess. I don't have Seasons yet so I am not a 100% sure on that.
jwghost

Anmirla wrote:I don't know about freezing to death because I haven't been able to try again. I'm thinking if i get too desperate, I will see if the correct moodlet is in the Master Control list and try to force a death.
It wasn't an easy task in TS2 either (well, naturally anyway ).

Buying the Gnomes will not trigger the badge.
The Summer Gnome is the last one I have left to "find". Apparently, the temperature must be at least 95 degrees F and you must do Summer activities. Setting off fireworks is supposed to increase the chances of one appearing.
The Fall Gnome was in my Sim's inventory after going through the Haunted House.
I built many a snowman/snow angels and the Winter Gnome finally appeared on my lot.
Gardens and romantic interactions help summon the Spring Gnome.

thank you for the tips An! yours are way better than the SimsVIP one. I'm going to try that! of course it don't will be so difficult like the Crime Never Pays one.

and about the frostbitten badge, yeah, but it's not immediate, you need to keep your sim in that cold for long sim hours, so he can freeze, and then, just wait his/her hunger bar reduce while he's frozen.

Whumpers

I've gotten several evil gnomes when drilling with the drill invention. Can't remember it's exact name. At one point I think I hit a village of gnomes in France, cause I got 5 regular and 2 evil gnomes at one time.

I didn't know that you could find the seasonal gnomes. I'm going to have to start looking.

Forum Index » Seasons
Go to: