Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Sims 3 seasons keeps crashing.... PLEASE HELP!  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
jumbajumba1998

So I got the Sims 3 seasons recently, I would open it up, and go into my family and start playing. Then all of a sudden it would freeze and the screen would go black and it says....

" The Sims 3 has stopped working, windows needs to close down the program, windows will notify you if there is a solution" ( or something like that)

this never happened until I got Seasons!

Also when I'm trying to save it, it sometimes comes up "Error code 12"

if there is anything you guys can tell me to do that would solve this it would be awesome! its really annoying too because I've been looking forward to this EP...

help would be really appreciated, THANK YOU!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/18/12 12:44 PM

sarahbs85

I am having this same issue,my husband is trying to sort it for me,if he manages to fix it,will let you know what he done.

ryan22cool

My game crashes whenever I try to save. And youre right because I never had this problem when I didnt have seasons installed. Hopefully they have an update that could fix this
earthgirl

My game does the same thing.

And then, when I try to reload the game, I get a black screen.
Before you ask, YES. I have my Video driver updated.

It's quite annoying that I cannot play custom towns, because they contain objects from many EP's, therefore more data for it to collect and more memory needed.

And I'm talking about large towns that I've been able to play with on 2 GB!! (I have 4 GB now, btw)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/18/12 01:26 PM

JAC209

I am sooo disappointed with seasons. I was really looking forward to playing it and it was fine for the first 15 minutes or so then it kept freezing all the time. I deleted the caches and all of my drivers are up to date and there are no issues with my pc. I re-started the game but it hasnt fixed it and when I try to log in I now get a network has lost connection with the server. I think EA released this expansion pack way too early,from what I have seen on the forums its a big issue. They should have ironed out the bugs first. I am uninstalling it as I have all the rest of the expansion packs and wont reinstall it until EA get their act together. Come on EA you have let down your sims 3 customers!
KrisB

Having the same problem too and it won't connect to server so I have been playing offline and then about 15 mins CRASH ...Sigh....sigh... never had this til Seasons ..FIX PLEASE EA

jumbajumba1998

I'm so annoyed! I really want to experience all the seasons and I can't even get past Fall! EA better get on it!

again if ANYONE knows a way to fix this it would be great!

and please put it simply because I'm not great with computers!
jumbajumba1998

sarahbs85 wrote:I am having this same issue,my husband is trying to sort it for me,if he manages to fix it,will let you know what he done.

And thank you! if he fixes it please let me know
PurpleWitch

Im havin the same exact issue........i've uninstalled reinstalled, no mods, no cc, cleaned the cache everything...and i have an epic gaming computer i built myself so i know its not my pc.

But apparently a lot of people are having this issue. So hopefully they will realize that there is a problem and release a patch or something.
Kissimmee_Diamond

got the sims 3 seasons and ive gotten to fall but it keeps crashing.... it says sims 3 has encountered a problem never had this problem til seasons supernatural worked fine....do they have a patch yet for this problem.
cooldiva

im getting no probs at all try putting the sims 3 on dep helps a lot or maybe your pc can't handel it? or try removeing any mods you got?
Kissimmee_Diamond

well i didnt have problems at first i went thru summer got to fall and it started crashing i havent had any mods put in yet...and my cpu is a gaming cpu i only use it for the sims 3 so its not my cpu.
cooldiva

Kissimmee_Diamond wrote: well i didnt have problems at first i went thru summer got to fall and it started crashing i havent had any mods put in yet...and my cpu is a gaming cpu i only use it for the sims 3 so its not my cpu.
ah don't know then i honly had crashing when i had xp and is stoped when i went to windows 7
jumbajumba1998

how do you get rid of mods and caches?... I haven't done that yet, although I doubt it will work! and I'm the same I can't even get past fall!

ugh its so frustrating.. I've just uninsulated mine now until EA or I find a solution... really disappointed

if anyone finds a solution please post on this! thanks guys!!
hloungeway

I am having the same problem! I can play for a while only if I save every 3-5 minutes (seriously)! And even then it's a risk because occasionally it tells me I can't save because of Error Code 12 in the manual. I'm very irritated because I have wanted seasons FOREVER and now it is messed up. Please get a patch out for this! At least they could tell us they are aware of the problem and are working to fix it!

Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: