Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Possible Seasons Glitches  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Possible Bugs
Pplvr2005

After installing Seasons, I'm having gardening issues.
1. I tell my sim to tend the garden, and she stops after working on one plant. I can somewhat fix this by clicking "weed" or "water", but she never finishes working on all of the plants.
2. When my sims harvest a plant, they don't have a smooth movement standing up, and they don't continue harvesting the other plants on the lot.
3. My fairy loses the option to "bloom" plants after using the option to get them to the mature stage.

Some possible areas to fix, but that are not glitches. (At least, I don't think they are glitches.)
1. We should be able to choose costumes for adults. I changed their everyday outfit into a costume so that I could choose it, but there should be a costume option.
2. We should be able to put plants indoors, as long as they are on terrain, so we can actually use greenhouses.

I think this is it for now.
RavenMistwolf

Ive been having this problem too! But mine started before I got seasons, maybe even before supernatural. But I'm not exactly sure when. I just REALLY want it fixed! One of my sims can't harvest, as you were talking about, but the other girl (same age and skill level) is able to do everything no problem! I don't have any mods, though i do have a little custom content. And i do mean little, like... Up to a dozen items, and they've never caused me problems before. I have 2 sims in the house so I can actually use one but i have the other for stuff that needs to be done, like cooking for a party, and now gardening. >_< but i want my main girl to be able to do everything herself!

If you use the cheat "moveobjects true" you can place plants anywhere. =] just type that into the box that comes up when you press ctrl+shift+c
RavenMistwolf

So i posted that last message while playing the game, then my sim died by jelly bean and got out of it with a death flower. But that was her only death flower, so i decided to take advantage of the buydebug cheat and place a whole bunch more death flower plants near her (inside!!) so she could have a few. I pressed "harvest" and she went through all the inside plants no problem, but once she was done and headed outside to the normal plants, she did one then reset like what we were talking about... I find that odd
Pplvr2005

I do use the move objects cheat, but I feel like I shouldn't have to. I miss the greenhouse from TS2, since it was an actual greenhouse!
At least I'm not the only one with this problem.

EA/Maxis, please look into gardening problems!!
RavenMistwolf

Bump! This is important!
corithnaspal

I'm having this same issue however it seems to come and go. Most recently I move my sim from one town to another only to see the problem start up after setting up my new home. The garden is inside under the swift grow gardening station of which I have three currently placed. On this sim's previous home/town it was working perfectly with one station placed outside. Other sets of sims have had both good luck and ill fortune concerning this issue. Will try evicting her then buying the lot again to see if that has any effect. I do use mods and a fair amount of CC. No I have not tried disabling the CC as the problem seems to be intermittent.

Also of note is that during this issue some plants are shown as a growth state of harvest, despite not displaying harvestables and not offering on the click menu to tend garden or harvest said plant. Current season is summer so this should not be an issue of dormancy. I may or may not have made my adjustments to season length, I prolonged them to 28 days each, after having planted this batch of plants.

Of note also is that although I can queue up multiple harvest commands/tend garden commands once the sim stops the entire queue is cleared.

On the assumption that the issue may be related to the plants themselves I deleted and grew a new batch of plants with no success as clearing up the issue.

RavenMistwolf

My issue is always here, but only for the one sim. She is no newer or older than the other sim i play, who has no trouble gardening. My queue also disappears when she finishes the one plant and resets. I didn't think it as the plants themselves because it's only one sim having the issue, but I'm glad to hear someone checked! My main custom content is garden signs that i use to label the rows of plants so inknow where they all gl even if they are all tossed out before I think about what goes where. Ive had these since the base game and have just been updating them, so i am quite sure they arent the problem.
RavenMistwolf

Bump! I want a solution!!
Cinderellimouse

Location:In a kingdom far far away... doing yoga while eating scones! Multi-tasking!!!

Pplvr2005 wrote:After installing Seasons, I'm having gardening issues.
1. I tell my sim to tend the garden, and she stops after working on one plant. I can somewhat fix this by clicking "weed" or "water", but she never finishes working on all of the plants.
2. When my sims harvest a plant, they don't have a smooth movement standing up, and they don't continue harvesting the other plants on the lot.

I think this is it for now.

These are issues that originated with supernatural see here:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/581172.page

crinrict wrote:Common Bigger Issues with solutions

Bugs in this section do not need to be reported anymore unless you have something really new to add (like a non-mod solution=

Troubles with gardening

1. Harvest can't be queued
2. Jumping out of actions
3. Plants are missing from the collection journal

Reports

FrekiNGeri, CAELUM74, monaduncan, dhubhduir, Peachybitz1, TrexterZiam, monaduncan, Jenieusa, druttilur, Meganne79, kdluvshersims

Cause & Solutions

--> Fix for 1-3 in the new Overwatch. There's a problem with Sims that already have collected stuff.
--> Details on this can be found here: Sims can’t garden properly

There are seasons issues reported here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/604090.page

Basically, the issues seems to effect either existing sims with the gardening skill, and/or existing seeds/plants that you had before supernatural/seasons/patch was installed. New sims using new seeds/plants should be ok. I believe there are other issues that are being looked into. Some can be fixed with mods but not everyone likes to use them as they can cause their own issues.

Pplvr2005

I hope there will be an update for the problem. A lot of people are having it, and we shouldn't have to make new sims to fix it.

I just made my family when Supernatural, and it's too soon to make a new one.

Thank you for your post!
oppzorro

My issue started right after installing Supernatural

Post Reply Forum Index » Possible Bugs
Go to: