Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
social worker car STUCK at my house - cannot delete under moveObjects on code - please help  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
bab1028

ok I have posted this all over the boards yesterday, but I found the exact problem:

I (on purpose) had 2 of my babies taken away by the social worker. It was at least a month ago (Sims time). The parents mood was bad for awhile, but everything is fine now.

Here's the problem: when I go to 'edit town' to play my other families, it won't let me. I get a pop up in the game saying "you can not edit town when social worker is removing someone from your household".

I realized the social worker and the kids are gone, but the social workers CAR is still at my house. The moveObjects on to delete the car does not work. I cannot get out of my game until that car is gone & I am out of "social worker removing someone from your household" mode.

So how do I go about deleting the car? I have tried EVERYTHING. I even tried the resetSim (enter name) for the kids and that's not working.

Please please help. My only other option is to delete the game (4 generations of my Sims! and I really don't want to do that!
aarin

You could try "testingcheatsenabled true" then shift+click on your mailbox and select "force NPC" and force the social worker to come back.

bab1028

ok I just did the Force NPC, forced social worker - and no one showed up. I tried other people (police, firefighter) and they didnt show up either. Anything else you could think of? (this sucks!! )
aarin

Adopt a child and neglect them to force another social worker to show up?

I'm surprised forcing NPCs didn't work.

Frankly, the last time I heard something like this happening, a person had deleted their ghost babies (moveobjects on) causing them to be unable to do anything much like yourself, except the message was "a sim is dying." They had to edit their save file to bring back the babies.

It wouldn't be possible for you to roll back saves, would it? Do you have a save from before the children were taken away? Rolling back will only work for the last two saves.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 07/10/09 12:19 PM

bab1028

no, and like an idiot when I did my last few saves it said "there is a someone being removed from your house, are you sure you want to save?" and I hit yes, not thinking this would happen when I went back into my game.

I am going to try your adopt a baby suggestion to get the social worker there - but I'm worried it wont work because there are two types of social workers (one for adoption, the other to remove the sim). I am REALLY surprised that I cant delete the freakin social worker car with the moveObjects cheat!

These are really good ideas, thank you. If you have any more, please let me know.

aarin

If I understood the intricacies of editing saves, I'd probably walk you through it. The children and social worker are probably caught in code limbo.

Do you think doing a system restore would revert your saved game back to the old one? I don't really use system restores as much as I use to, so I'm unsure of what exactly they roll back file-wise.

bab1028

yes, they are definitely caught in some kind of code limbo... I just depleted my toddlers needs and made sure no one picked him up to try and get the social worker to come - 2 days and they didnt show up. It's probably because they're 'already there' with the social workers car stuck at the house. I wonder if a system restore would work (I have done them before for non-related sim game issues). It's worth a try, it seems I have no other options at this point but to start a new game and lose EVERYTHING. ugghhh. There really should be some kind of 'master code' for situations like these.

Thanks again - I'm going to go to the restore & let you know if that works.
bab1028

system restore = failed This happened yesterday, so I restored from 2 days ago. The game is still in tact, social workers stupid car in front of my house. ughh. I went into the saved game files and it seems like all you can do with them is delete them. besides, the last couple saves on there are from yesterday after the 'incident'. ah well, time to start all over I guess.
Dewmzdeigh

Try making a Klepto and have him/her steal the car?

45rpm

Speaking of the force NPC I have tried with all of them a few times
and never once has one shown up
I dont get any visitors either ever except the paperboy and the mailman.
bab1028

hmmm... good idea!! I'll change the traits of one of my sims. I have a feeling that the car is literally 'stuck' though - if I cant delete it with the moveObjects cheat, then I don't think it can be stolen. But it's worth trying - thanks!!
Dewmzdeigh

I don't cheat in my game, so that's the only way I could think of it being accomplished. Though you're right, if it's stuck, may not work. Then again, anything's possible, so I thought I'd mention it.

bab1028

@ 45rpm: NPC Error - I'm glad I am not the only one that doesnt work for. Though I did figure out that if you choose something "static" (forget what word is in front of it?) when you shift+click on the mailbox, it permanently maxes every Sim in your houses moods. None of the moods fluctuate at all and it's awesome. (it's to the left of the options when you shift+click on the mailbox).

@ Dewmzdeigh: not cheating - you must have a LOT of patience! I think its cool when people play without the cheats, you won't get bored of the game. I cheat and it really makes you get bored of the game fast. But your suggestion is a good one, thank you. I am taking and trying any and ALL suggestions to get this fixed!

in the interim, I started a new game. Keeping my (4 generations...sigh) game there if someone knows of a sure fix to get that car out of there !!

jujee55

Hope you figure this out. I'm playing the legacy by the rules even or was. I had triplets and they all had part time jobs. The one started work at 3 so I had her go to the bookstore and read until it was time for work. Her car pool showed up sat outside the house honking. 2 sim weeks later the car was still there honking. I moved the family to a house in town, went back to the lot and it's still there honking. I bull dozed the house and the car is still there honking. I've tried everything to get rid of this car nothing worked. I am now on generation 5 so I'm not I go to edit town to check on the car and it's still there. I also have my sims jog by and it's still honking.
Scrogdog

This seems like yet another instance of the good old "object in use bug".

I restarted to clear one that I had.

The next day, someone posted that moving out and then back in might fix it.

*facepalm* - that just might work! Don't know.

Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: