Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Island Paradise Bug Thread  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Island Paradise
SapphireDCM

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods (If so, please remove all mods. I need it tested on a vanilla game or EA will say it's mod). No mods or CC.
2. Do you have Island Paradise or just the Patch ? Both are installed
3. Which Patch Level are you at? 1.55? I'm not sure if that's the right number, but it was the last patch that came out.
4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones? New game
5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made? Pre-made sim that I had sitting in the bin.
6. What town are you currently playing? EA or Custom? EA
7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)? Win 7
8. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game? DVD
9. Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World? Home world included in Island Paradise

Here's my issue. I took a sim that I made from the bin and bought him a houseboat. I had him go out into the ocean and then stop when he came close to one of the hidden islands surrounded by fog. For some reason, the in game camera would pan away from the houseboat and I couldn't get it to stay on my sim or the boat. Even when I would right-click on my sim so that I could follow the sim wherever he goes, the camera would still pan away from him so basically instead of being able to watch the sim and the house like you can on land or when it's docked, the camera would move away so all I could look at was the ocean.

I also had an issue with this same sim not being able to get back to the houseboat when he was swimming out in the ocean. Even before that, it took way to long for him to even get in the ocean. I'm not sure if the speedboat interaction is what was hanging up the game. I got frustrated with the whole thing so I switched to another household for a while. I came back to the sim and he was somehow walking around on land while his houseboat was still in the ocean. I was able to get his houseboat back to the port and I had no issues with the camera moving away from him and the houseboat.

Krisha880

Hi!

Just wondering if the family relationships in IP are glitched? There are several families where the children are connected to one parent and step-children of the spouse. They only have a father and a step-mother or a mother and a step-father.

Is it safe to play other towns if this is a glitch?
magiccookie

I am having the same issue as reported by melynir, MelissaSh: I can't play in Island Paradiso because I cannot select a household, whether it is an existing one or one I created.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods (If so, please remove all mods. I need it tested on a vanilla game or EA will say it's mod).

No Mods, I have some Store Cc and some old Peggy hairs.

2. Do you have Island Paradise or just the Patch ?

I do have the Island Paradise EP.

3. Which Patch Level are you at ?

4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?

I tried to start a new game in Island Paradiso.

5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?

I tried both, I cannot play the world whether it is with premade sims or ones I create.

6. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?

The problem is with Island Paradiso, before that (and after I installed the EP), I played with Moonlight Falls just fine.

7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ?

Windows 7.

8. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?

DVD version of the game.

9. Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ?

Island Paradiso home-World.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/30/13 02:20 PM

Kaylabear42

Everyone

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods (If so, please remove all mods. I need it tested on a vanilla game or EA will say it's mod). I do have CC but none was used on the resort except for flowers. The only mods I have are NoBuildSparkle NoAutoSkinnyDip, NoIntro, and that is it.

2. Do you have Island Paradise or just the Patch ? I have Island Paradise and The Patch

3. Which Patch Level are you at ? The latest patch for Island Paradise

I am using a new game.

I created them in C-A-S so they are new I think.

I am playing in Islo Paradiso or however you spell it.

I play on Win 7, its a little slow but I do not have problems.

I have the DVD Version of the game

I am reporting a error in the Home-World.

Sorry I forgot to answer this with my problem....
Thanks for helping
JCRsunsim24

I also have no water animation for new pool fountains or slide. Older fountains work- just new IP water animation on these two items- game seems to be running fine otherwise. I have the patch and this was a digital download for me. Thanks
Jacek83218

This video (sorry for the quality, but I wanted to keep it small), shows how this glitch works.

http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=454851

I've made this sim dive very close to the houseboat. He used his "preffered boat" to get to the place that is about 2 meters away from the houseboat.
This glitch is reproducible. If sims don't have a boat in their inventories they will use a taxi boat no matter the distance. They will teleport into the boat for a second or two and then exit it into the ocean.

I understand they need to use boats to go somewhere far. But why they use them to go the spot they could easily swim to?

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods?
No mods ever, I have some CC CAS items.
Both
New game
New sims
Isla Paradiso
XP home edition
DVD, all EPs and SPs
Home-World

EDIT
Crin. The Sailor Trait glitch I've mentioned is connected only with houseboats. This trait seems to work correctly with regular boats.

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at 06/30/13 04:19 PM

midge719

I have noticed the water fountains that do work and the build ones for the pools the water is a weird murky blue not like before, clear white also the animation is slower.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/30/13 03:30 PM

Heatherb596

crinrict wrote:

@Heatherb596: Make sure to update Overwatch. It's not updated version did remove boats

Thanks @crinrict - updated Overwatch and it's working fine now
Penelope

Not a bug, but extremely irritating:

When my Sims are on a houseboat, they autonomously decide to "return to port" extremely often, stranding their housemates in the middle of the ocean. I turned off "free will" completely, and was surprised to see that it STILL HAPPENS, just less often. This is insane that this annoying thing happens even when free will is turned completely off. I've always played Sims with high free will on before and never had a problem, but I've discovered I can't have it turned on at all with Island Paradise.

I'd appreciate if the developers can do something to keep the "return to port" option from being done as an autonomous action. Thanks.
ShadowWarrior

I don't seem to have lag in game like a lot of people seem to have. My game crashes a lot though which it never did before installing both the patch and game. Though I can report that it takes forever for the game to actually start 10+ minutes.
kjones

I saw the issue with self employed sims causing freezing at check in, but my game is freezing when all sims try to check in. At the most two sims can check in before the game locks up and I have to force close.

My game is patched and all my mods ( MC, SP, and Overwatch) are current. I am playing a new game in Isla Paradisio with an existing and new sim. I have a DVD version of the game and have all EP's. I also always clear my caches before each game play.

My specs
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz 64 bit Windows 7
with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

I have tried with and without mods
I have sold and reset the resort
I have checked my sims into the resort without a freeze, but the next sims caused a freeze,
Freezing has occurred with career sims and professional sims.....military and ghost hunter.
The front desk has been worked by my sims and NPC sims
I have deleted the resort and placed a new copy

The only thing that I have been able to determine is that the 2nd or 3rd sims cause the freezing each time

Just wanted to follow up on this issue. After hours of trying different scenarios, I have come to the theory that it is the interaction of the desk clerk that causes the freezing issue. For no reason that I can figure out, my front desk glitched and I went from freezing every time a sim tried to check in, to no sim being able to check in. The thing is that they were still technically checking in because my financial report was showing 23/23 guest and I was receiving revenue. The sims would stand around the front desk for a sim hour or so, and then go about their business enjoying the resort. The whole time this was happening the desk clerk was behind the counter switching between the kissing booth animation and typing on the PC.

To test what was happening I had my sim try to ask for diving locations, and she stomped her feet and had the blocked routing thought bubble even though the path was clear. So for some reason, sims were unable to interact with the clerk but were magically being checked into the resort. Then on the 4th day( I got 4 whole sim days of play in) a sim walked up to the counter and was checked in with the proper animation, and then another, and then another, and just when I thought this had resolved itself it.... froze on the next customer When the sims were able to check in successfully the clerk was not performing the kissing booth animation so that is why I think the interaction/animation is somehow causing this problem.

Aside from this game breaking issue, I have invisible maintenance workers that I think have now actually disappeared. I also have very choppy game play, and sims resetting at dive spots. There are some other annoying things that I can't think of right now, but I can live with all of those except the freezing.

Another thing I have noticed, and I'm not sure if this is an issue, is that my sims compositor cache is in the hundred thousands every time I start a new game, even though I haven't created or styled any sims. I don't remember this happening when I haven't used CAS?
Alamut

crinrict wrote:
@Alamut: Funny. Someone else reported and it does sound a bit mod related to me. Did you remove the mods after you got them or did they spawn on a vanilla game ?

This only happened in that particular save game only so far. I removed mods before patching and installing and ran my game entirely vanilla for a while just to see what new issues we were bestowed upon so to speak. I don't use any core mods, just four to five nuisance fixes.

After I reloaded the game from the main menu the truck went past my sims house at least 3-4 times before it multi-spawned again. So I quit without saving, removed the mods and lo and behold - the truck multi-spawned on the first round. The lag was killing my patience too so I tuned down my settings and restarted again with no changes. I started a new game and moved in my sims the old way from a copy in the bin and guess what? Settings on highest, my mods back in and no lag, no multi-spawning of the ice cream truck.

So I think something got borked in the process of them moving from Bridgeport to Isla Paraiso. I did have my mods in when they moved so if this is mod related then they might affect the moving process somehow. I guess we could compare what mods were used when this happened. Another thing though, is that my sims did have some items they created and collected in Bridgeport. Pictures, paintings, relics, stolen items, inventions and sketches. I know this tends to be an issue when populating a world in CAW but I'm not sure to what extent it affects the new option to move towns. Something worth testing?

I found another minor annoyance in the new world, this time it has to do with one of the already built homes. It's Humble Home on 6 Greenbeard Road. When I started the new game I moved them there and I could go one level underground even though there is no pool or basement. Seems like there used to be one? There are a couple of plants underground too. The nuisance was that they kept getting the autonomous interaction to go swimming in a pool even though there is no pool. They all ended up getting megaphones in their inventories even though only one is a rebel and they were all stuck. I just deleted and started new. This time around I have yet to run into any unknown issues.

Sorry for the long novel...
Kaike78

"crinrict wrote:@Kaike78: Could you describe in more details what glitched means ? Where did you move them over from ? The library ? Did you use the move interaction ?"

The bug/glitch happened when I was in buy/build mode and it would not allow me at all to go back to live mode. When I clicked on live mode it would keep me in buy or build mode. It would not go back to live mode at all. So, I could not play the family. This happened after an hour to an hour and a half of decorating and building on the lot on Fire Island. At the time, I did have store content enabled and did use some objects from there.

I moved them from their home in Sunset Valley. I used the move interaction from the computer. The transfer from Sunset Valley to Isla Paradiso went smoothly and problem free.

I also uninstalled the lot downloaded from the exchange and disabled store content after this bug happened.

edited to add: I do not use mods for the game at all.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/30/13 06:52 PM

ziipangelclaws

i'm sorry if this is repeating, i had a look at the first page and could not see my issues though, and i've not got the time to read the 40+ replies :p

in island paradise, my sim can not explore caves, she swims to them and disappears and appears on shore at the other end of the map, still in scuba gear.

since installing island paradise my game freezes every couple of minutes. i've tried all previous "fixes" and no joy.

build mode gets stuck with items in hand. So far only fix has been to save and quit which is rather annoying when building.

the learning bar does not disappear when activity finishes, resetsim works but is annoying.

even with fast learning, learning a new skill is very slow.

loss of friendships after one day.

i experienced none of these problems before installing island paradise. i have no mods, and only store bought items installed. i have not used cheat mode either.

my pc exceeds the minimum specks, and plays much more demanding games fine.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 07/01/13 12:44 PM

kuroi_nekomata

I have not found any insects in the new world. Therefore I thought, I check for the spawners and found none. Well, Crincrit has written this tutorial to move the spawner at the resort Hobart’s Hideaway. So I went there...and nothing, no spawner. I went down as much as I could, that is to the normal ground level. I startet the new world 3 times, even after restarting the game and no spawner to be found. ( I did the 2 cheats to make them visible or be able to place them, no problem in a older saved game with Twinbrook)

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods (If so, please remove all mods. I need it tested on a vanilla game or EA will say it's mod).

No Mods at all.
Otherwise only selfmade patterns oder selfsaved sims, colored clothes from my older game from the broken PC.

Have the add-on

Latest Patch 1.55

I started a new game.
As a test, I startet an old game with Twinbrook as neighborhood. All spawners are there.

5. did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?
Is a Sim which was born ingame and later put in with the UserPreset.package when I put all my stuff back to the new PC. But the rest was newly made in CAS and then put into the game.

EA Isla Paradiso

Win7

DVD version

no, haven't checked them yet.

Post Reply Forum Index » Island Paradise
Go to: