Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Earning SimPoints  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
Luis98

In the next update/expansion pack for The Sims 3 there should be a way to earn SimPoints by doing things in the game. I say this because some players can't get SimPoints, but they would like to buy things from the store. I'm still not sure how they would be earned, but maybe finding rare things such as unicorns, pink diamonds, death flower, or anything of that rarity that is a bit complicated but to where they can still get them. I think this would be good because people who play Sims would have more to do in the game. I hope this becomes a thing in the future!
Cinderellimouse

Location:In a kingdom far far away... doing yoga while eating scones! Multi-tasking!!!

Welcome to the forums Luis98. I'd love that but I doubt it'll happen.

RBenthien

Cinderellimouse wrote:Welcome to the forums Luis98. I'd love that but I doubt it'll happen.

This is true.

My Computer <3 :
Acer Aspire M3450
AMD FX-8120 Eight Core Processor @ 3.10ghz
16GB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 7670 2GB
Icy_Lava

Yeah it won't ever happen, but one can dream.

Pretoda

Location:In front of my laptop with a cat shoved in front of my face.

I actually don't think that is a good idea. In my opinion it wouldn't be fair for me to get the latest set by getting the rare items in game when someone else who may not have the expansion set to have that one rare item(which items aren't that rare) will have to buy it. I know people want the store items and don't have money to buy them. However it's not fair to those that did buy the items see someone else get it for free. It's one thing for people to gift the items to a friend but just giving it away is kind of counterproductive.

Please click this link it will explain all about Terms for University!

http://tinyurl.com/Term-Explanation
MadameLee

@ Pretoda where does the OP state anything about getting things for free? He doesn't say anything that.

He's talking about the fact that in some places like (Canada)simpoints cards aren't sold and even if one goes to America, to buy one you have to make a big deal out of it and then they screw you over with it

(this actually did happen to a sims 3 friend)

So what's the OP is suggestion is for simmers who are unable to buy simpoints in any way, that EA should be allow us to get sim points by doing in-game stuff

Pretoda

MadameLee wrote:@ Pretoda where does the OP state anything about getting things for free? He doesn't say anything that.

He's talking about the fact that in some places like (Canada)simpoints cards aren't sold and even if one goes to America, to buy one you have to make a big deal out of it and then they screw you over with it

So what's the OP is suggestion is for simmers who are unable to buy simpoints in any way, that EA should be allow us to get sim points by doing in-game stuff

Which I see as getting the item basically free. He mentioned Death Flower which in Sunset Valley is in Cemetary Garden and Unicorn is not that hard to find. Might take a bit to befriend but find not hard. That's what I'm saying. I have no problem with earning points by doing Surveys or signing up for other websites get this many points. I just don't think that it would be a good idea for it to be ingame related because then it would be too easy to get them.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/04/13 05:57 AM

Jarsie9

EA had a good thing going when they gave away 10 free Simpoints with purchase of The Sims 3 and World Adventure (even though that wasn't supposed to happen). They should have kept the practice going...10 points per expansion pack, and 5 points per stuff pack.

If you bought every one and didn't spend your Simpoints, you'd have quite a few accumulated by now, and could buy either sets or premium items.

I Am No Longer Accepting Friend Requests. All Friend Requests Will Be Declined.
MadameLee

Pretoda wrote:
MadameLee wrote:@ Pretoda where does the OP state anything about getting things for free? He doesn't say anything that.

Which I see as getting the item basically free. He mentioned Death Flower which in Sunset Valley is in Cemetary Garden and Unicorn is not that hard to find. Might take a bit to befriend but find not hard. That's what I'm saying. I have no problem with earning points by doing Surveys or signing up for other websites get this many points. I just don't think that it would be a good idea for it to be ingame related because then it would be too easy to get them.

@pretda do you have Ambitions? If you do try to find a Deathflower in Twinbrook's graveyard.

But somehow of us don't do surveys (I don't only because I discover too late about them) and why should we sign up for another website when its this website which has sim points?

Do you have another suggestion of how simmers (like me) who don't have a way of getting simpoints the normal ways to have an option of getting them?

How is simmers getting the item for "Free" we would be USING the simpoints we get from doing stuff (like befriending the unicorn and in SV and RV the Deathflower in the grave yard) WITH the simpoints. So how is that "Getting the item for free?" It not..

Coffefreak4Life

Luis98 wrote: I'm still not sure how they would be earned, but maybe finding rare things such as unicorns, pink diamonds, death flower, or anything of that rarity that is a bit complicated but to where they can still get them. I think this would be good because people who play Sims would have more to do in the game. I hope this becomes a thing in the future!

None of those things are really that rare though . You can download gardens with every plant of perfect quality ,Unicorns you can just talk to once ( not hard to find ) and TestingCheatsEnabled True your way to friendship and pink diamonds you can break space rocks to get . Over all this is really bad idea and will never happen no matter how much its wanted .

Luis98

I didn't mean that would be the only way they would be earned, what I meant was it could be a way. @Coffeefreak4Life yes you could use cheats, but what about players who dont use cheats and actually do these things? The SimPoints could be earned many different ways too, I just don't know how. Maybe you could get them by fully exploring hidden caves in World Adventures, reaching your Lifetime Wishes, diving into wells, or just any random in-game action (of course it shouldn't happen very often). And that's true its not really fair for those who don't have certain expansion packs, but maybe there would be ways even with the base game even though I'm sure most people have at least one expansion pack.
Pretoda

Coffefreak4Life wrote:
Luis98 wrote: I'm still not sure how they would be earned, but maybe finding rare things such as unicorns, pink diamonds, death flower, or anything of that rarity that is a bit complicated but to where they can still get them. I think this would be good because people who play Sims would have more to do in the game. I hope this becomes a thing in the future!

None of those things are really that rare though . You can download gardens with every plant of perfect quality ,Unicorns you can just talk to once ( not hard to find ) and TestingCheatsEnabled True your way to friendship and pink diamonds you can break space rocks to get . Over all this is really bad idea and will never happen no matter how much its wanted .

My point right there. Three ways to get Sim points in my opinion order them on the webpage, by EA cards, or if you really wanted have the Sims site do a raffle once a week. The winner can get 1000 SimPoints. I just don't think it should be ingame. You may be buying them with Simpoints but you didn't buy the Simpoints. You got them by doing things that have cheats in game to get them. So yes getting them for free.

BTW I have Ambitions and have played Twinbrook. However I mentioned Sunset Valley because it is the oldest World and the Death Flower is Easily found.

Coffefreak4Life

Ever read 'if you give a mouse a cookie.'?

Pretoda

Coffefreak4Life wrote:Ever read 'if you give a mouse a cookie.'?

he will ask for a glass of milk and that begins the chaos.

Hence why I'm debating the issue with negative. I understand that not every player can get Simpoints through EA cards or want to put out credit card information. However I feel that even if you don't cheat earning the points through ingame play isn't fair or right to those players who went out and paid for those simpoints to buy a set. A week later that person finds out that you can now earn points through play. So therefore that player lost his money when he could of waited. Alot of people are going to have that and those that bought stuff in the past loose their money completely. Earning by surveys is annoying I agree thats why I never do earning. If I want something bad enough I buy it. That's just how I personally am. I'm only saying that by doing it through in game to earn it won't mean as much to those who worked their bums off to get the item for money in the first place.

Luis98

True, but not every player is going to use the money that they worked for to buy a few virtual items from a website even though they really love the game. And it's not like you'd be getting a lot of SimPoints while doing the earning? What I meant was gradually getting a few by doing things so you could buy some items such as hairstyles or clothing, not a whole set. Plus some things in the store are a bit overpriced.

Post Reply Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
Go to: