Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Wild flower has different values?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Seasons
linnu78

Does anyone know why wild flower has different values depending where it is sold?

In inventory it says that the value for sweet william is 200, but when selling it directly from inventory it goves 160 simoleons. Selling from buy mode after placing in the house, it gives 180 simoleons. For another sweet william it gives same 180 simoleons both ways. Am I supposed to get 200 simoleons some way?

Thanks for help!
sam_jaderia

I noticed the same thing, and am interested in the answer too.
sunnydays44

They've depreciated in value. Most objects depreciate over time (possibly 10% per day, but don't quote me on that), until they're a certain percentage of the original value (possibly 60%, but again, I'm not completely sure). If you sell the wildflowers on the day you pick them you should get the full value for them.
TheFairyBug

That makes a lot of sense to me, actually. You'd rather have fresh-picked flowers than ones picked a week ago, after all.

linnu78

Sunnyday44 has a good point. This doesn't explain the difference with selling from inventory versus selling in byu mode, but it might have been a minor bug because I'm unable to get that situation with other flowers.

Thanks! Now I know I should sell them once my sim has picked them up.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/04/13 02:40 PM

julienrob2004

Most will also sell for even more at the consignment store

SMILE . You may not realise how bad everything is. But it sure annoys all the grumpy people and makes you feel better .
stilljustme2

I only sell them if I have a broke Sim who needs cash. Most of the time I'll either use them to decorate my own house, or I'll hold onto them and use them as gifts for friends or potential partners. (Found out though that when you move they don't come along with you -- guess they just get thrown out.)

Formelx

Also when selling the wildflower one at a time,puse the game a clone pops out and sell the colne for more sim money. 1 cosmos flower+ 1 cosmos clone flower= 1200 simolions. I have tested it and works everytime, I don't about you simmers if this trick works or it's a glitch.I pick wildflowers for easy cash, I didn't know you can consinghn these objects.
KittyJo

I don't get the option to sell them. It only gives me the option to gift them, which is greyed out apparently because my Sim has no friends yet.
perfectvelvet

KittyJo wrote:I don't get the option to sell them. It only gives me the option to gift them, which is greyed out apparently because my Sim has no friends yet.

You sell them from your inventory. Drag them from your inventory onto the little spot that tells you how much it's worth.

And I think gift shows up when there's someone on the lot you can gift to.

Post Reply Forum Index » Seasons
Go to: