Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
My sims got stuck!!!  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Possible Bugs
hdk94

My sims have got stuck doing things twice in the past week.
First, after woohoo, my sims were stuck in the bed not doing anything, and they wouldn't get out or do anything, but they could still change clothes! ??? I had to turn on 'move objects' and delete them to get it to work.
Then in another family, my sim went into the bookshop to buy books, but the buy dialog never came up, and she would not come out, she was in there for over a day. And this time i couldn't delete her, i ended up evicting them from their house, then moving them back in!

Has this happend to anyone else??? I'd be interested to know
CoffeeChick0

hdk94 wrote:My sims have got stuck doing things twice in the past week.
First, after woohoo, my sims were stuck in the bed not doing anything, and they wouldn't get out or do anything, but they could still change clothes! ??? I had to turn on 'move objects' and delete them to get it to work.
Then in another family, my sim went into the bookshop to buy books, but the buy dialog never came up, and she would not come out, she was in there for over a day. And this time i couldn't delete her, i ended up evicting them from their house, then moving them back in!

Has this happend to anyone else??? I'd be interested to know

Yes, I had a female sim sitting outside on lawn with baby sim teaching her how to talk. I switched my active household later and didn’t know something wonky was going on until I was scanning around the town and noticed they were still sitting on the lawn days later.

I did what you did, move objects, then I had to move them out of the house and back in again before they’d become unstuck.

Shadow

There's an easier way:

resetSim [first name] [last name]

That makes your Sims become "unstuck". Type it exactly the way I did.

LeslieKellie

yes that has happened to my daughter 3 times. the sims freeze in position after the 'teach sim to talk' action. she was getting deleting the family. thanks for the 'fix'.
iLoveSpencerM

thats what happened to me. i typed in that "fix" but it still doesnt work. my sims are stuck in the teach sims to talk actin. ugh
viscoria

i was taking a pic of my sims an the guy wouldnt turn around so i used the moveobjects cheat to turn him around and now he's stuck. every time i tried to get him to do something the little bubble that means somethings in the way would come up over his head. At first it wasnt a big deal because i would just move him and he would be fine but then i tried to make him go down stairs and now he's stuck in nonexistance, as in i cant find him. i can see him through the window but when i go down a floor he disapears. PLEEEEAAAASE HELP!!!! and i tried the reset sim thing and it didnt work because hes already home
kywhit22

how can you evict them from their home? my sims just barely got stuck teaching the toddler how to talk. i dont know how i can get them unstuck, it is my favorite family and i dont want them to die and i dont know what to do. help?
MegFletch93

My grandmother and Grandaughter sims are stuck in the 'teach sim to talk' state. I tried to kick them out along with another sim but now three of them are stuck there. I also can't go into build mode because it says a move is in progress but they won't move! It's so annoying.. its my favourite family. HELP!!
Agerboned12

You need to reset the stuck sims. Here's how:

1. Open the cheats console (Ctrl+Shift+C)
2. In the blue bar that appears, type [TestingCheatsEnabled true] without the brackets and press enter
3. Now open the cheats console again, and type [resetsim FirstName LastName], again without the brackets and use your sims name so: resetsim Micky Mouse

Do that for each stuck sim.

When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist - Helder Camara
Anne613

This happened to me too, two sims at a time. For those who can't reset their sims because they're at home, use the teleport cheat to leave and then reset them.

1. "Ctrl+Shift+C" (without the quotes)
2. "TestingCheatsEnabled true" (without the quotes)
3. Left-click anywhere else in town and select the teleport option.
startrekfan1701

This happened to me too! My mother sim was going to take my toddler sim to the library, after they were done playing with the peg box. I canceled the peg box action on both of them, then went to the map to send them to the library. The mother just stood there in the room for a long time, so I canceled the library action on the toddler and her. The problem was that the "x" over the action wouldn't go away, and she wouldn't do anything! I tried moving objects, having people talk to her, and changing her clothes to "snap her out of it", but nothing worked. I hope this cheat works!
erske999

My sims have got stuck twice already!
Both times after coming back from the hospital.
The mother comes home and the 1st time she was stuck on the swimming pool
and now with my favorite family she is holding a baby and is stuck with her feet in the ground. She can still feed the baby and stuff but if she tries to do anything else she cant move!I tried the reset sim thing but it wont work!HELP PLEASE!!!!
erske999

I got it to work!!!!!!
Meeka2001

please help me i bought the house with the hill on my game and fixed it up so they could walk down on a slope but now one is stuck i used reset sim and move objects i even cleared the ground! pease help
EndOfMyBoot

never use the moveobjects cheat to move sims and you will not have this happen

Post Reply Forum Index » Possible Bugs
Go to: